Sins of a Solar Empire Mod Revises Ship Strategy

• M3RcAden

has been a little quiet lately, but he's back with a status update on his WC mod for the Sins of a Solar Empire strategy game. Work slowed when he encountered issues creating ships, so he's started on a new method to get them into the game. A

cruiser

light carrier

and

heavy carrier

are already starting to shape up nicely. The geometry is spot on, and the double/triple-barrel turrets are a nice touch. He'd like to dig into some Kilrathi ships next. You can catch up on some of the early work done for this mod

here

wc_solarempire12t.jpgwc_solarempire13t.jpgwc_solarempire14t.jpgwc_solarempire15t.jpgwc_solarempire10t.jpgwc_solarempire11t.jpg

It has been some time since I posted in this thread, and I am sorry to say that there was a hangup. My friend is still trying to get a good extractor working for the iff files, but until he can work something out, this is sort of at a stand still. Just yesterday, on a whim, I started working on a new mesh, not sure where I was going to go with it. Well, that mesh has its primary structure completed, and I can show you exactly where I ended up. :)

I added turrets to the Victory, have completed the Tallahassee and have a good portion of the Vesuvius. Next on my list, after I finish that mesh, is to start and finish a Kilrathi ship or two. I'm starting with the capitals as there are fewer of them to have to contend with.

wcnews.com/news/update/12918/