I'ts been a while....

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by phillipreilly707.

• I'ts been a while since i last asked but now i have perfected my ideas before i request for help :)

I am looking for someone to help 3d model Jumpgates to fit my mod.

So far my ideas consists of over 10 yet i will only say the ones i really need which are:

Kusari Jumpgate = Like a regular one but more fitting with the Japanese feel. So instead of these big block dishes that move, something more thin that slides nicely. Just a much thinner Jumpgate all together.

Rhineland = going with their architecture, like there battleships very green and blocky with out many needless things on them. not diagonal just square and blocky, like the Jumpgate from galia from Discovery.

Liberty = very Modern and shiny in the middle between both the previous ones mentioned. Would be quite unique like the rest of liberty.

Bretonia = going with the feel of their royalty, everything curvy and golden seeming more like a circle then anything else.

Corsair = Similar to there ships would be like a square made of gold. would have line going towards the center from the corners (these are what will move).

Lastly:
    Outcast = again like their ships more square. like a Jumpgate that has been rotated to be at an angle (the outcast didn't have many high level personnel as they left on the escape pods to their engineering would be very sloppy and not done well)

Thank you to anyone who helps, this will advance my project and save so much time!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!:)

EDIT: When i mean made of gold i mean the color (probs should have made that clear ha :) )

• I think I asked you already before :
    could you tell us a bit about your project instead of asking for single bits 'n pieces ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• You mean my entire mod?
    I can give an overview + Name.

Name = The Unification (A.K.A Project Unify)

all the houses during the war/story are divided, this mod aims to bring uniqueness into the houses as its a bit unbelievable that DSE (founded in Liberty) built all the Jump Gates, cause they go in to systems that are already owned (and some have no Jump Holes). So My mod all together is to make each House Unique and if i can in the end maybe even add a new story wth Missions (but that's a very big maybe), so as you can see the Jumpgates are a very big part of my mod, and i cant model. This is a huge problem with being a one man modder.

BTW if any modder wants to help your help would not only be welcomed but praised.
    If anyone does, as you can guess modeling is on top priority list.

• Ah, nice idea :)
    Ok, so its thought to be Single play. Do you want to keep the 'original' story or make it 'Open Single Play' ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Only a few issues with it really.
    Kept original story.
    Single player will work fine if i can all the different models textures and other uniques for story and what not.
    I dont know if there is a way for a server to be hosted without my computer being turned on as i can only be on for about 5 hours a day, if i can navigate a way around that problem, build a small team (or just someone else) my mod can take off.

• in order to create 3d models you need milkshape 3d and the cmp and mat plugins

you also could model stuff in other software and import it to milkshape but you need to keep in mind that milkshape is a low polygon modeling tool
    modeling tutorials and UV mapping tutorials can be found on most modeling tool website

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!