hmmm

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by APE.

• Ive put Sol war on ice due to CF and the smaller and smaller getting interest in FL related mods.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• About this 'offer' : sounds to me as if they expect the game almost 'done' and just offer the advertising/public relation stuff ...

... as far as I remember it was based on one version of the FSO2 engines, right ?

Back then, did you plan a SP version only (where the hack have I lost my FREDding stuff ....) or also a MP version ? Tbh I never played it 'online' even in the 'old' days and as it seems there isn't any 24/7 server at all. So I don't know how it worked as MP at all ....

But ... didn't you also tested another engine at some point ? ... as a possible 'sequel' to the FL engine ?

However, the interest in FL related - or better : FL-engine using mods might dwindle, but I'm sure there is a 'market' for space sims at all .... also (or especially ?) 'Indi'- made ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• the problem is... whatever we do... we always would compete with star citizen or elite

and there im not sure if its really worth it

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I want to offer you the opportunity to sit down for a free consultation and hear what we can offer you. I want you to give me a chance

Black Shell Media - Make Games South Africa
    EDit: and Has anyone heard of Black Shell Media? : gamedev

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

Edited once, last by SilverFox ().

• To be honest i haven't heard of them. And swat about this offer, you are right you are going to compete with star and elite but luck is a big factor here. Maybe the players will more like Starlancer: Sol War, then elite or star. Star is still something that is not close to finishing, neither is elite, so if you think you have time and have the will to do it, why not give it a try then?

That's just my opinnion :)

"Only the strongest will survive!"

• @SilverFox ... is it available ... for 'free' ?? (or almost ^^ ) and good link this Black Shell Media chatter, dunno if paying someone for spaming about a SWAT mod would rly 'fit' us ...

@GodEatGod
    Agree with you :sehrgut:

...why not give it a try...

I don't think we would have to compete with SC or ED, as long as SWAT stays away from let players pay for play. Even then, if staying in a low-level price-zone there would be a 'market' ... better a demand for a good made space-sim game.
    Esp if you think about the hardware you will need at least for SC to play :tot:.

However, you call it 'luck'. I would call it 'good-game-making' ^^ . What counts are not (only) graphic candys but more the content and gameplay. Just look at minecraft and all of its clones : the concept and the gameplay counts.
    Tbh, with the SC and ED and shortly before X3 hype ... I would say the chances for ANY space-sim game are ... good.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Well said. Let's say everyone is "waiting" for them to be released. They are getting all hyped up for it, but it won't come out soon. So there we come into place. We offer a good game, with good gameplay. It would satisfie them until star, or even convince them to stick to us. Like i already said. Give it a try Swat :)

"Only the strongest will survive!"

• ... prior to advertising/promoting, shouldn't be there a product to advertise/promote ? ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !