Crossfire 2.0 issues

There are 4 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• Hello everybody,

I've installed the latest crossfire (2.0). After some general installation issues it finally worked. Now the game is playable but there are some annoying problems:

a) the display of the current speed and the thruster consumption is missing (left and right from the hull and shield bar)
    b) Although I have a fast pc there are annoying laggs (stuttering) every few seconds (especially while fighting).

My system: novel intel i5 cpu, 16gb RAM, Radeon HD 7850O

Does anybody know how to fix these problems? Unfortunately, I couldn't find any help from google that worked for me.

Thank you,
    Schnirke

PS: sorry for my bad english, I am from germany^^

• Greetings,

np with used English, its fully ok :) . I wanted ask 1st how looks your in-game font? (if looks ugly, you may have use for fonts-fix.cmd from your Freelancer directory.

For missing indicators .. if it will not solve command above, there can be issue with "new hud", some other ppl reported this and solved with mod reinstalling and use some from classics huds.

Stuttering (is this happening in multiplayer?), can you please check (when stuttering happens) for running processes? If you will see for one Freelancer.exe have above 20 processor usage, then "restart game" or wait little should help. It could be active server anticheat.

And one more question: have you already put your Freelancer folder into your antivirus exceptions list?

• Hello Schnirke,

a) Missing Speed and Truster indicator is most likely that the Crossfire font didn't install correct. Have a look at Crossfire2 font didn't install (Solved manually)
    b) Which Shader are you using ? From Settings in Crossfire Launcher maybe try the Vanilla FL
    hth

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Hello, thx for your help ;-). I could fix both issues.

a) After reinstallation and Vanilla FL HUD option I had the values on my HUD
    b) Frame stuttering has been fixed by setting the shader option to "ENB Standard". By using Vanilla FL Shader the problem was still there.

But now i observed two further problems xD:

a) I am not able to bind Shift, ctrl or alt. Can i bind the keys somehow else?
    b) There's still some stuttering (low fps - just like normal stuttering when your hardware sucks^^) and my GPU usage sometimes raises up to 90%. I am wondering, cause I am using a HD 7850, a i5 cpu and 16gb RAM- this should be more than enough for playing FL xD...

Greetings,

Schnirke

• a) Binding keys are done in file %username%\Documents\My Games\Freelancer\UserKeyMap.ini - i have attached 2 different. Use Notepad to edit those files
    b) should be fine for playing a dx9 game ;)

Files

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png