Server acting strange

There are 23 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Kermit.

• ?( i have just suspended play again, the server is acting strange, everything is going like delayed action eratic. again was ok today for me with one crash. i signed off at server reset and lately things go haywire after that. yesterday i docked my b/s all ok signed off. signed back on and b/s in different place and sessions cargo of big ships gone. same today with haidar signed on and it,s in space and not in dock where i left it, and under attack. one question is there a kill ratio for pods being dropped. i have started counting kills again in suspicion the server is not adding kills to the total all the time. and strongly feel it is going on at the moment :/:/:/:/:/

• Server was restarted yesterday afternoon, this is a reason why chars appeared on last dock position.

• i gave up again everything acting eratic with missle attacks and no ships around. ships jumpimg around the chat windows empty or messages passing through with jet engines in them. everything was great two days ago with the odd crash but now. blowed if i know. :S:S:S:S

• When this started going on? (server time). Between 6-7am is running server maintenance with more things going on like economy change or chars backup. Then should server restart (ion storm coming) and after should thigs go smoothly. It definitely will be helpful mention server time or time period when issues happens.

• .... seems to be a rondomly appearing issue. Was on just now, flying (for me) was ok (...still caht issue)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• When this started going on? (server time). Between 6-7am is running server maintenance with more things going on like economy change or chars backup. Then should server restart (ion storm coming) and after should thigs go smoothly. It definitely will be helpful mention server time or time period when issues happens.

incidents happening after reset and continue at different times after. ape i fly ok too but a missile attack with no ships in the area and then suddenly appear like they jumped there come on or a npc will be fighting then suddenly end up 10 k away. it.s like everything is on delayed action lol

• Between 6-7 time it can be due ongoing backups. What you described earlier for sure looks like heavy lag, question is, if it is local or server issue, or something "on way to server". Your ping to server is still the same?

• :S been pretty good today for me the server, spoke to soon 7.45 server time, in the middle of battle, yep everything suddenly went nuts again. enemy npc,s darting around eratically, one ship point blank range with continual fire did not budge the bott/shield or power meter. i logged off felt it was all going to become unstable as usual at this time. ||||||

• Can be please use one thread for posting issues instead start new one each time? Its little confusing with separate threads. (note: can't merge threads atm)

• Can be please use one thread for posting issues instead start new one each time? Its little confusing with separate threads. (note: can't merge threads atm)

whats confusing martind the server keeps going nuts at random and it was in "general discussion". it was a seperate incident hence seperate thread. i,m well aware the team are on it.

• no it doesnt go nuts at random
    it is exactly when the daily updates are prepared... the backups done... etc.
    that is normal
    that can not be prevented

for 23 1/2 hours a day the server runs fine but exactly during that remaining 1/2 hour the server has to do its background work
    Thats not an error... thats not a problem... its exactly what the server is supposed to do around that time.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• then delete half the portal forum then we don,t need bugtracker or unread error reports on dashboard or general discussion, god just said it,s running perfectly for 231/2 hours. strange that problem is only for 1/2 hour and is expected. don,t recall it in all the last versions at that time or the eratic behaviour. we have all been in space to long imagining things. oh well better bust my rank don,t know what i,m talking about.

• Just for your knowledge, IIRC EVE Online servers work 23.5 hours a day as well and nobody finds it a drawback.
    Find anything other to do in these 30 minutes then - play some another game, take a break from the PC for something, etc.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• unread error reports are the ones which you have not read yet.....

that does not mean WE dont care about them... or that we dont care about problems
    but a maintenance is something absolutely normal... it does happen here on CF exactly at the same time each day for meanwhile ~7 years

If you have problems with a bit lag I might have an alternative to offer... Ill simply let the server kick the players from the server during this time and lock it for 1 hour.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• If you have problems with a bit lag I might have an alternative to offer... Ill simply let the server kick the players from the server during this time and lock it for 1 hour.

It could sound harsh, but its something what I suggested already some time ago. Not want offend anyone, but imo all backups etc. will works much better/smoother when there will be not possible intervention by client versions (players).

• There's a middle way: get hook/console message to players during that time that maintenance works are ongoing and lags/bugs are expected. Or to get hook let those messages out along with other frequent hook messages such as event reminders.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• ... btw, we have such a warning : "Ion storm comming" ... perhaps just change this message from 07:00 server time to 06:30 server time (or when ever the timer is set for the server software to start with its ... prepararions) and for the longer duration .... and

let the server kick the players from the server during this time

... doesn't this happens already ?? (out of habit and knowing about this time I haven't been 'on' at this time for .... Aaaages :P )

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• ... btw, we have such a warning : "Ion storm comming" ... perhaps just change this message from 07:00 server time to 06:30 server time (or when ever the timer is set for the server software to start with its ... prepararions) and for the longer duration .... and

... doesn't this happens already ?? (out of habit and knowing about this time I haven't been 'on' at this time for .... Aaaages :P )

now here is a thinker, you should be promoted to in charge of public relations. this seems to be a fix to the matter especially to all the new comers that come in when it,s going on, and think they have a problem in there downloads etc. well done ape those banana,s work well ;););)