WINDOWS 10

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RonaldoDaVinci.

• @RonaldoDaVinci

@No. 1 : That's something they have/had on every OS they released
    @No. 2 : ... a darn long time. Enough for a BIG percentage to go pass their taxing border
    @No. 3 : not more than 'usual' on purchasing a new OS, afaik
    @No. 4 : nothing new and nothing that would equal the 'losses' from the long free upgrade

All in all = much less profit from selling it

So, where is the profit plus for microsoft - also in the future ? ....
    And I'm sure they aim at nothing else than more profit, than they could make with the 'usual' ways.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• im sure that within the first week after the release the first cracked versions will be available somewhere

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• what for ? ... if it's free ... mostly

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• for the ppl without win7 or win8

(which based on statistics is a fairly large amount)

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• All in all = much less profit from selling it

That's correct, but only in the first year.

All in all = much less profit from selling it

So, where is the profit plus for microsoft - also in the future ? ....
    And I'm sure they aim at nothing else than more profit, than they could make with the 'usual' ways.

Please note: new pc or laptop will sell incl. Windows 10. So, they will make also profit on this way.

In total: Microsoft are not poor or stupid :-) They will make profit even they use this marketing way :-)

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)

• @AZ09 ... they are working at something called "Edge" (asik), that shall replace i-exploer, but shall do the same job ^^

@RonaldoDaVinci ... that selling with new pc or laptop : also nothing new and i am still thinking about the way they might make more money they made the 'old way'.
    As said : I just fear that at some point you have to subscribe to regular payments for being able to use your windows on your pc or laptop. ....

(As a side thought : this could also work in another direction, making alternative OS more ... attractive ... But this might take a lot of time, esp. for the program developers. :/ )

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Imo strategy, which offers time-limited "for free" upgrade (and it is what make this offer really tempting for both 7 and 8 users in given time-frame), is very very clever. They imo aim on make more and more ppl using theirs stuff in most modern form (and they may eventually individually pay less), but in total it made theirs (MS) position stronger and also "better paid". ... take such small example: company leading will at home use MS products ... what you think they will choice to use in theirs company? ... and here are coming these big moneys, they (MS) lose something on home PCs, but will take much more on companies licenses etc.

• ... you got a point there : companies ...

For them it was :
    Buy a software system with its paid update services every time a new is released. Atm every 3-4 years they are faced with the expenditure of purchasing a (probably/possible) whole new software suite.
    Now it would sound :
    Buy a software system with its paid update services ONLY ONCE. All furure updates(changes/releases are already included.
    That cuts the 'regular' costs for a new system in the future. Even if the 'service fees' might be a bit more than actual attractive to company CEOs, who (mostly) don't even think further than the next quarterly numbers-announcements. .... makes sense for microsoft.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• as long i can install opera or firefox im fine with whatever win10 uses as browser ^^

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• In my opinion Windows 10 biggest problem is that you can't deactivate "automatic Updates".
    If one of updated corrupt you will have a big problem!
    This is one of the reason why I won't install W10 when available.

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)