Reached "Hidden GMG Faction" again :-(

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by dented_ship.

• Hi,

I reached "Hidden GMG Faction" again :-(

Yesterday I killed 4 to 5 Ancient drones in Dervon (no Dom'Kavash, Coalition or Coalition Rogues in fraction list)
    My plan was to have Coalition Rogues affiliation.
    Today morning I had LWB affiliation. I flew to Earth and bribed at Coalition.
    Then I flew to Altair and bribed at Coalition Rogues.

Back to Sirius I killed some LWB to be neutral with them - land on base and start again.
    Bevor I landed on base I had following succession:
    1. LWB
    2. Coalition Rogues
    3. Dom'Kavash

After I undocked from base I had Dom'Kavash affiliation, not Coalition Rogues.
    Ok, I flew to Freeport 7 and killed a lot of Nomads and destroyed some Nomad Depots until Dom'Kavash was neutral with me.
    Docked on station in Frankfurt system and left the station.
    Affiliation changed from Dom'Kavash to Hidden GMG Faction. :-(

:#cry

If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen! :-)

• How high was Coal Rogues rep in your list? Id ask bcs 1 bribe did not max rep (its like 95%). To max rep you can with 1 bribe and some missions or 2 bribes (redock till barman offers bribe and then revisit bar till one random guest offers the same bribe like barman). I think that you do not need to go to Dervon at all for this aff (coal. rogues).

Still dunno how is set max for hidden gmg ... if is 95%, can be avoided, but still could happen.

• Dom'Kavash and Coalition Rogues was equal, but list shows that Coalition Rogues are friendlier to me than Dom'Kavash.
    After I bribde Coalition Rogues I killed 1 or 2 Coalition Fighters.
    I flew to Dervon because a good rep. at Dom'Kavash can be helpfull in Altair.

• So, deleted this char and created again (same char name).
    Thx to Mercenaro I could save my weapons, equipment and money before.

• since hidden GMG faction is always a problem u should go to Dervon after u got ur favourite affiliation or - if u go earlier - kill only 3 Ancients. with 3 Ancients i was exactly neutral (+/- 0) with DK the last time and i doubt that GMG² was maxed.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• @RonaldoDaVinci
    That's just one reason having a clan can come quite ... handy sometimes. :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Have a char with Coalition Rogues affiliation now! :D

Flew to Earth and bribed at Coalition without kill any Ancient drone before.
    After this I flew to Guangdong.
    Land on Achinsk Station (Coalition Rogues base) and bribed at Coalition Rogues.
    Then I flew near Singapore Station and destroyed 4 depots and killed 2 Coalition fighters.
    Because I still had LSF affiliation I flew to Manhattan and take some mission for LSF but canceled them (2 missions were enough).
    Then I start from Manhattan.
    I didn't got a message that affiliation has changed but it has changed.

• I know... I don't understand why this faction cannot simply be added to the list and be treated like any other faction.

Or at least, add another variable to the faction, that by killing GMG2 ships during missions or simply by abandoning missions, your rep with them decreases enough so you can lose the affiliation.

As I understand it, atm it can only be increased, not decreased (which is what we all need), and even that only by killing Ancient drones.

I've had to recreate an entire account because of this, Denne as well, I'm sure there's many others.

• there are no gmg2 ships in the game
    and actually this problem was fixed months ago (since that ive not heard that anyone had any problems with this)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• How exactly was this fixed?

It's 2023 and I'm still stuck with the hidden GMG affiliation.

Can't you just add a depot to shoot down to decrease rep with them or something and be done with it?

It sucks to have to remake a character with 100s of hours invested just to get rid of it.

• you only get positive rep with gmg2 when killing ancients

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Why remake, take as it is a char with GMG affilation. Have some of these, and some LSF2 too. When i put lots of hours in rep fixing and mapping, this char isn't corrupted if it has GMG2 affilation, the reputation and map is still good.

btw welcome back Diablo:-)

• you only get positive rep with gmg2 when killing ancients

I'm well aware of how it works, but this is a 10 year old character.

The problem is with characters that already have the affiliation, not the lack of understanding or information.

It sucks to have to delete my character to get rid of a permanent affiliation which, I'm sure (and you can verify), was something unintentional in the mod.

Again, why not just add a depot or something (a bribe perhaps - though that would require a GMG2 faction empathy standing with another faction) to decrease GMG2 faction standing?

It's not allied with any other faction anyway, so it would affect the game in no bad way whatsoever.

• I understand you, and i know how much it sucks if you plan to have a special affilation and then end at gmg2 . But i didn't delete those chars, i keep them, maybe as train or mining ship. If you plan to have a special affilation be very careful with shooting drones, above 2 there is high risk to end as GMG2 or LSF2. Old chars have even a higher risk than new chars.

And your right , some jobs in GMG2 base or some depots would solve the problem.

But ive no knowledge about mod programming and don't know if it is possible or not. Some things in muliplayer are relicts from singleplayer and couldn't be changed. Think of NY-jumpholes.

• I edited your chars. You are no longer best buddies with that faction.

Everything else is more complicated and would probably cause negative side effects.

I might take a look at it again somewhen later.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,