Unable to continue Crossfire 2.0 Story & Intro Videos displayed as Black but with Audio

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Michael.

• Hello folks, It's me again,

Well, I have a problem with the following:

Mission 28: Crossfire Chapter 8 - Utopia>
    As soon as I get near the Jump Hole, I can't dock, it clearly says that access is denied. Do I need to buy some sort of licence to pass through the jump hole? I dunno, as the mission clearly states that the Reinland Government has granted access to this system. ?(

Things I have already tried:
    Re-Installing Crossfire / FLMM (Both installed as Administrator
    Starting the mission right from the start, no docking to stations etc, except the transport rings and jump holes indicated by the waypoint marker.

As for my problem with the intro videos:
    With Crossfire 2.0, I just have black screens with audio. Meaning I can hear them play, just not see them. They work perfectly fine without the mod installed. ?(

Again, any feedback and assistance will be greatly appreciated. :salutes

Thank you. :)

• Don't know about the mission, but about the intro-videos:

They should work when you right-click on CF-link --> properties --> compatibility and deactivate "visual designs" and "desktop effects" (dunno the exact expression in english, sry - but the 2 checkboxes should be directly beneath each other). Another (not so perfect) solution would be to run CF with vanilla-shader, then the intro should be played, too.
    Else just hit ESC three times during missing videos :-D

• Well, the only options I have available under Windows 8's Compatibility tab for this is:

*Compatibility Mode
    Windows 95 to Windows 7

*Reduced Colour Mode:
    8-bit
    16-bit

*Run in 640x480 Resolution
    *Disable Display Scaling on High DPI settings
    *Run this program as administrator
    *Enable this program to work with OneDrive files

I tried them out, nothing. :(

• you can also go to the launcher options and enable window mode
    that will show the vids

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Mission 28: Crossfire Chapter 8 - Utopia>
    As soon as I get near the Jump Hole, I can't dock, it clearly says that access is denied. Do I need to buy some sort of licence to pass through the jump hole? I dunno, as the mission clearly states that the Reinland Government has granted access to this system.

.. this usually means that on some moment was not followed mission path as should be and mission triggers therefore do not works correctly. Normally should work if you will load your last MISSION save and follow exactly (using F2) all mission points.

• .. this usually means that on some moment was not followed mission path as should be and mission triggers therefore do not works correctly. Normally should work if you will load your last MISSION save and follow exactly (using F2) all mission points.

Exactly what I did, I will try again, but geeze... I am playing on hard and the mission before that was no pick nick, my ship was burning, with no nanobots / batteries when I reached that gate in the end. Well, it was fun. 8).

I think I need to buy upgrades before attempting that again. Problem is, I am afraid it might break something else, because I will have to deviate from mission way points. There is also no guarantee that it will fix the problem... :(

• There is longer way to Utopia and MUST start with entering the Trade lane above Planet New Berlin. I myself when was at that point moved 1st for some good equipment like Sunslayer Torpedo Launcher which is a perfect way for "unarming" and fast killing NPCs which you will meet after Utopia :) .

... you still may try use my own mission save if this your will not work.

• Oki, Well, I gave your save game a shot and guess what? It worked like a charm. So it's not my installation, geeze I was really starting to doubt myself if I installed it correctly... Now, I need to understand where it went wrong in my save game, I see you have "Blackboxes" in your cargo hold, I don't have those in mine, perhaps that is it? Mine are Datadisks... two of them are worth 8 mil credits each.

• I see you have "Blackboxes" in your cargo hold, I don't have those in mine, perhaps that is it? Mine are Datadisks... two of them are worth 8 mil credits each.

Blackboxes should be from Altair wrecks (DK space) when is followed campaign path (Ptah, Mitra, Menton).

• Just an update on this:

I think I might have figured out what the problem was. I replayed the Crossfire campaign exactly like I did before; the only exception was, is that I destroyed the wrecks and looted the Black-boxes. I did not do this on my first attempt, as you usually get the Dialogue box, stating what happened to the ships occupant and what he has discovered, directly after that, the game gives you a new heading which I headed to directly. This is the only action that I did differently, as I always followed the way-points marked by the game. As I am not one that believes in coincidences, this was most likely the cause. :)

Hope this helps.