Crossfire 2.0 SP Mission Bug

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Good day

Hoping to get some help, I'm busy playing the crossfire story line for the first time. I'm currently on Smugglers Journey, where you supposed to find a hidden object in Omicron 11. the moment i jump into system with the mission active,the message appears to find the hidden object, but i get no waypoint. I have searched the system up and down, found every wreck, jump hole and base...but NOTHING!! I'm completely stuck. I have restarted the mission 3 times now, and no change.

Any online video i can find, the people get a waypoint. have i missed a step?

Thanks for any advice or assistance in this, im really looking forward to finishing and seeing what happens next!!

• the waypoints dont exist any longer during that part of the mission
    its a search mission... waypoints would be.... flaw the purpose
    once you get the object in sensor range the waypoints will appear again

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• What scanner do you sport ?

Have seen "busy" workers near some planet in the "south" yet ? ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Maybe is issue that is needed search for hidden object in Omega-11 (could help look on system map :) )

• IMHO main BUG in this missions - player can not set up own waypoints.
    There NOT EASY explore system without any points only by direction of ship picture on map.
    In normal situation - player set some waypoints for broad scan patrol.
    But here player can not set own waypoints.

• IMHO main BUG in this missions - player can not set up own waypoints.
    There NOT EASY explore system without any points only by direction of ship picture on map.
    In normal situation - player set some waypoints for broad scan patrol.
    But here player can not set own waypoints.

There is no bug.
    The mission is working perfectly fine.
    And waypoints NEVER worked during a story mission. Not in any mod, not in vanilla FL.
    If there is an active story mission then the player controlled waypoint system is ALWAYS deactivated. Thats how this game was written and released in 2003.
    There is no single exception where the player can set own waypoints during an active mission and it would require to have the source code of the game to change how it works.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• With all my respect... it seems strange to have a goal to explore whole system without possibility to set patrol waypoints.
    I think there must be at least pre-setted scan-patrol route for searach-explore missions.
    I think this is possible without access to source code.

• whats the point of setting fixed routes if the task is to explore?
    Next to that is the exploration part only in small systems and the waypoint is set to the location when you can closer to the target. You dont even have to find it directly. getting close to it is enough.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I think it is must by different pattern for each system.
    Maybe not easy.
    Anyway, many times ago when I played original FL, I used Z-patterns for explore system to find something unusual.
    I say again. It is very bad looking situations - when space pilot, survived so many battles, need to explore system, using for navigation only trivial "compass" - direction of ship pictogramm on 2D map
    into 3D system....
    It is simply outstanding... IMHO ...
    I think there is possible to create a search-patrol routes for each system where it need for mission. As maximum - several patterns for each system and random choice at player's arrival.

PS. Please excuse my bad English ...

• id like to sum up my points

1. its not possible to set own waypoints because the FL game engine does not allow that during a mission
    2. setting pattern (aka fixed waypoints) in my eyes conflicts directly with the idea of exploration
    3. it actually is no big deal open the map, align the ship by the grid and then explore the system. That is in many other games the default way to explore stuff.
    4. next to that dont you have to map the entire system because its not far away and once you get closer to the target destination the mission scripted waypoint system directs you to it from a very comfortable distance.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i wish i knew a better solution

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• strange that thousands of other players never had problems with that.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,