Cannot activate Mod

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hello all. Only just bought my own copy of FL and found this mod while looking for information on how the game is played etc. I downloaded the CF mod straight away and reinstalled FL and activated the Mod with the Mod Manager. Now it loads the CF window with the option for single player or multi-player, however nothing happens when I click on Single Player.
    Can anyone help me out with this dilemma.
    Thanks

To Protect and Serve
    To Remain undected
    To Resist temptation
    Kill First time, Every time.

• I haven't see that problem but someone that will be on later may have. In the meantime check this link and make sure that you did all the recommendations listed here: https://swat-portal.com/forum/index.php/wcf/faq/#faqEntry-18
    And welcome aboard!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Thanks Gearhead10. I can't follow that link as it only opens the menu but nothing listed under it. ie. i can't see the steps listed in drop down box.

To Protect and Serve
    To Remain undected
    To Resist temptation

• Ok, then go to the Tools tab, select the FAQ and then the fourth item down on the list.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 2.0 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\resources.dll.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\_resources.dll')

To Protect and Serve
    To Remain undected
    To Resist temptation

• Have deactivated AntiVirus software and removed 'read only' writes to folder contents.

Error: problem activating 'Crossfire Mod 2.0 Client Edition'
    Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\resources.dll.flmmbak' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\_resources.dll')

Have followed all FAQ walkthroughs to the T.

Please, someone help me out.

To Protect and Serve
    To Remain undected
    To Resist temptation

• SHS copy issue happen only for 2 reasons: wrong mod install or system disallow overwrite game files. For start please check folder size for Freelancer 2 - Crossfire which should be in /Freelancer Mod manager/mods/ (approx 6,4 Gb, 8 464 files, 866 folders)

• One very detailed install/activate guide is here: Error on Launch (two attached files)

And one note: disable antvirus in some cases may be not good enough, is better made sure that running av ignore whole freelancer and flmm folders .. especially norton suite do real mess here (is in FAQ described how to dealt with this one)