Crossfire 2.0 problems

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Wow, where to begin. I played CR 1.8 a few years ago and found it to be the best Freelancer mod available. Interesting and challenging, although discovering at the end that there was nothing to do with the alien goodies I had collected was disappointing. So when I saw that CF 2.0 was available, I was looking forward to more fun.

After following the installation instructions to the letter, I started CF 2.0 and clicked "yes" when asked if I want to download the SP update. The system freezes, and there is no update. After shutting down FLMM, I try again, this time clicking "no" to the the update question. The program starts but then shuts down immediately after the initial graphics. Thinking that I should deactivate the mod in FLMM and then try activating again, I find that CF 2.0 cannot be disengaged. Nor can the mod be deleted. When I delete FLMM manually with the aim of reinstalling everything from scratch, I find that deleting FLMM does not delete all the CF 2.0 files, for there are three (and possibly more) hidden files buried in the Windows operating system. Manually deleting these, then uninstalling Freelancer, and then starting all over again with fresh installs leads to the same problem--CF 2.0 crashes upon startup. No matter how many times this procedure is repeated--deleting all files, reinstalling, etc.--the game never activates.

Am I wrong to expect better performance--or at least better installation instructions-- from Swat-Portal?

• Please take a look into FAQ here on portal for guide how to install/activate ... and here: Freelancer Crossfire won't run links and attached guide.

• there are no hidden files in CF

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!