Freelancer Crossfire won't run

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• I've recently installed Crossfire 2.0, since I wanted to play Freelancer again.
    Well, so far so good the installation went well, the activation too and when I launch the game..bummer!
    The movies go on..I cancel them..and then the game minimizes and crashes on its own. I've read the FAQ's, deleted the folder..tried lower settings nothing works.
    I'm running Notebook ASUS K55VJ-SX169DM (i7 version) with 8gigs of RAM,Nvidia GeForce GT 635M and Windows 7.

• Can you please try: https://swat-portal.com/forum/…ire/advices/#a-autoMark_0
    Then please try put check antivirus if it did not silently removed some files
    And after please try use eventvwr, search for app crash log details and put it here.

Edit by
    and also please check here: Freelancer won't start - Again for your FL folder size and other info there

• Doing all-fresh install of the Game/MoD/FLMM and basically everything. Will update Shortly with Size/Files/Folders.

P.S Here are the Size/File Count/Folder Count numbers.

Crossfire Mod (FLMM Folder) - 6.41GB , 8,464 Files , 866 Folders
    Freelancer with Crossfire 2.0 Mod activated (Eset nod32 turned off) - 9.21GB, 19,070 Files, 863 Folders
    Freelancer with Crossfire 2.0 After Launcher Updates the files - 9.39GB , 19,552 Files, 875 Folders

The Error is still incheck, after startup -> movies/intros -> game minimizes and then ->
    Име на проблемно събитие: APPCRASH
    Име на приложение: Freelancer.exe
    Версия на приложението: 1.0.1223.11
    Времево клеймо на приложението: 00534d69
    Име на неизправния модул: unknown
    Версия на неизправния модул: 0.0.0.0
    Времево клеймо на неизправния модул: 00000000
    Код на изключението: c0000005
    Отместване на изключението: 00000000
    Версия на ОС: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    ИД на езикова променлива: 1033

The Log from Launcher :
    00:26:27.854 --> [i]:Starting Update...

00:28:10.328 --> [i]:Prepare Crossfire Start

00:28:17.809 --> [i]:Starting Crossfire

00:28:18.614 --> [i]:Crossfire is running

00:30:51.331 --> [x]:Crossfire Exit - CODE1

00:30:51.613 --> [i]:Crossfire was closed

Screen of the Flconfigdatabase.txt and GPU: 033356dc88080eab.gif
    P.S 2 - I've changed the name from GeForce GT 635 to Geforce GT 585

p.S 3 Sorry its in Bulgarian, I hope you can Google translate it so you can resolve the issue I'm having.
    Looking forward to playing MP, Cheers!

Edited 4 times, last by NiGh7 ().

• Freelancer with Crossfire 2.0 After Launcher Updates the files - 9.39GB , 19,552 Files, 875 Folders

.. strange, you have approx 2000 files more compared to my FL folder, this looks to me as little too huge difference (something worked wrong with mod activation? .. dunno).

btw Vanilla FL have on my PC approx 900Mb with 8,4k files.

Edit by
    Your old CF versions/installs .. had you FL game folder deleted prior last time started install/activate CF 2.0?

• does clearly not look like a clean FL installation

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• ...then PLS read and try this instructions (best : to the letters ;) ) for a "true" cleaning and reinstallation
    [xattach=5349][/xattach][xattach=5350][/xattach]

• I'm reinstalling the game for a 10th time today..still can't get it to run. The instalation is clean! have never runed 1.9 or previous or in that matter any Freelancer+/-mods.Now another error seems to ocure.
    "Error: FLMM has determined that 'Crossfire Mod 2.0 Client Edition' won't properly deactivate.
    Warning: unable to restore 'd:\games\freelancer\exe\freelancer.ini' because no backup exists! (test run)" That appears when I try to de-activate 2.0 from the FLMM.

• CF cannot be deactivated. More in chat.