Nano/shield battery on npc's

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• Hello all,

now before someone will reply (I have seen few archived posts similar to mine) with "it is supposed to be hard hurr durr" let me say this: I do not think that computer game should be boring and tedious - the fact that I think that NPC's are more proficient with strafing, dog fighting and shooting than in Vanillais fun, but nano/bats just making otherwise easy missions long and boring. If I would like to do chores, I would take over time in my day job ;)
    also, please do not use argument of better guns or ship... I have defender + really nice guns and I'm doing level 1 generic missions which takes up to 20-30 minutes to complete due to the fact that NPC's can use nano/shield batteries... so, could someone please tell me which files should I change/delete to remove this feature from this mod in my game? I am really frustrated, I wanna have Crossfire experience with main storyline without being forced to be frustrated. Would be grateful for some guide on how can I kick this feature out of my game ;) nice day to all of you

Edited once, last by Echoes222 ().

• If not mistaken, you can't modify any files on it ... i think ...

Anyway, since you know about the other arguments, to make it better for you, just move the difficulty slider to God mod and try to use high refire rate guns ... (ie 8.33)

• Are you using the same guns ? Otherwise your aiming crosshair won't fit your target. Try shooting target looking at it, if you hit it as a alternate.

Guns have different range and projectile speeds.

Hth

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

Edited once, last by Martind Forlon ().

• fact is that the game is easy... the difficulty has been lowered so many times that early missions are a joke already
    sorry but thats the fact

and comparing it with vanilla FL difficulty is kinda ... weird
    vanilla does not have ship upgrades that you could use... vanilla does not have more powerful weapons that you could use... vanilla does not have all the new ways to earn money in this game or all the other possibilities to get hands on good ships and good equipment

you can not expect to play a mod just like vanilla FL for the fact that this is not vanilla FL
    balance means that both... difficulty and the power of equipment is improved.... not use one of them
    either you learn to adapt to the new situation or you will fail

complaining does not bring you further... and editing the mod is not allowed

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Vanilla also does not force me to grind simple lvl 1 mission for 20-30 minutes! On lower levels, nano/shield does not make combat harder, it just makes it last longer m8... also...

and editing the mod is not allowed

Why? As I have said, I am talking about SP. This mod is great but I am sure that this feature should be optional in SP campgain. As loadouts are editable, why it is so shunned when I have asked for guide how to remove this feature?

Again, nano/shield bats usable by NPC's is just frustrating, it does not makes combat more difficult.

• Greetings,

1) please if is said 'is forbidden' then it is, there are clearly given license agreements and is pointless discuss such fact. Doing so is fully on your risk etc. ... (and we will not offer support doing so)
    2) Here is something from modb : ''- NPCs are limited have only about 20-30% bots and bats capacity that the player has (not infinite)''
    3) While I played cf 2.0 alot times from start, I can with experience say that using guns with high damage (and slow fire rate) + rapid fire technique works perfectly just with guns on Manhattan ... especially if you take Patriot LF with its awesome impulse speed.

... CF is not mod played by itself, you need actively search for ways how fight better, use better fight strategy, better equipment and learn how more effectively kill opponents and when is better run. Because CF play also total novices without slightest knowledge about editing and have fun, is possible to say that we have here nice mod offering long-time playability for everyone. ... on other side is also a fact, that player which not want change his approach is doomed - it is not meant as offence, we know that cf can not please everyone.

• you cannot change game files or change npc behaviour. the game won't run if you change files. this reloading problem is only in the very beginning of the game. once you get access to stronger weapons, the problem will become smaller and smaller. try to kill enemies 1 by 1, just shoot them with everything you have. after mission 2, you can also go to prison in texas and sell the pods. until then, best way to level up is trading in new york system

• the mod is offered the way it is
    further modifications are not allowed for several very good reasons

1. to protect the server (SP and MP make use of the same files)
    2. to ensure that we can actually give any support here in this community (which would be impossible if ppl simply start to edit stuff)
    3. to prevent that ppl mess up something since this mod clearly works different than other mods

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Did update to Starter Guide ... should now offer better info for new players.

• Sorry for low details and low resolution used, but I hope it can serve good enough as demonstration how fast can low-level NPCs die while are used tips mentioned earlier.

Edit by
    nucnuc ... I LOVE the Lavablade layout in this :D 

• thanks for all responses ;) it seems I will have to stick with this feature, since on all other aspects this mod is brilliant. Just a suggestion - make this feature optional for SP while obligatory for MP (in other words - game will activate it automatically for any MP game). if this is doable it would certainly be more user friendly (at least more rookie users friendly :P)