Why do traders play in open if they don't want to PVP? (its ED, not CF :) )

There are 10 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Rest of this is here: Why do traders play in open if they don't want to PVP? answer is inside.

Interesting, it imo shows few more actual ED issues as only player(s) behaviour.

• i agree with a lot of that post martind, i explore the systems and very quickly learn,t to watch who was in my area and take what action i need especially with full cargo bay, i,ve had interesting pilots engage in a game of cat and mouse great it helps to sharpen tactics and and wit also using what around me. one pirate likes to put wanted posters on me great same thing it,s all fun the name of the game :). if i do get caught great i pay.
    as to traders i pass by let them do there thing i mean what do you gain attacking them, sometimes i might scan them in interest of the ship or mounted items but of they go also with a quick chat sometimes. i find more challenge attacking gunboats destroyers and b/s. remembering it,s all fun, back to space for me
    keep safe

• however, seems to be kind of a ... common issue for such games. ... in ED as well as CF ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Catch someone there obviously is not so easy (from what I have read).

• Not all pirate are merciless and cruel btw ... some of them are nice and reasonable ...
    Well, the term pirate itself define everything ... to do pirating on traders and whoever is rich ... not to make group and just pvp ...
    I think they make group and pvp just because the others are not so interested in RP with these pirates ...
    I'm a multi-RP guy, so, based on my experience as a pirate, i can say, almost 98% of my pursue on pirating traders and others are a failure ... due to SW and log off ...
    So far, only Forlon (sometimes APE) like to RP with pirate... and i never SW and log off ... few pvps and fine/tax, then its done ... sometimes i ran away just to make it fun for him to chase, not SW and log off ...

It goes for bounty too ... keep SW and log off ... that bounty is for merc RP for god sake ... being a merc in this case is pointless ...
    As for police RP, not many pirates or smugglers doing smuggling are around btw .. only Soul i keep seeing everyday ... so, less police RP for me btw ...

Because all of the above, that's why i place my pirate, police and merc chars at different location just to catch all these guys unaware ... some players might think this as LAME ... but for me, its not ... if i'm not doing like this, there will be no interaction or RP at all for me ...

• just saying: you guys know that this starting quote was taken from Elite dangerous? :D ... had idea spread little info about some common issues across games. It is about how players (in general) looks on playing ... where they look only in very narrow angle without seeing what all is around.

• ... but friendly as you are, you put your own thread up :D

(btw : thx for the credentials : "So far, only Forlon (sometimes APE) like to RP with pirate")

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Well the traders that moan about being blown up in open play in ED and then ask for the devs to do something about it need a reality check. It's open play for crying out loud. It's a nasty big universe with other players that have guns, and yes, they will shoot you for no reason. It happens.

Now the moaning has moved onto the new problem in ED, player disconnections during combat, in other words, players escaping by logging off.

• they need a F1 block ^^

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!