Crossfire Launcher Problems

There are 11 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Revan.

• Hello folks,

as some of you might have experienced there were some minor problems related to the latest update. The LauncherUpdater hang with trying to update the launcher. This was an internal issue which i did overlook in the update process of both launcher and updater.

However we currently could test a fix for that and hope that the fix now applies and you all can again start the game and get the available updates.

The current version of Freelancer.exe is 2.1.0.5 and LauncherUpdater.exe is 2.0.0.4. You should get the new updates already through the launcher. All who used a patched version 2.0.0.3 (for Feelancer.exe) from me might have problems to get the new version.
    I would please those persons to contact me via PN here on the forum. I will deploy a necessary fix for that.

I sincere apology for all the inconvenience and your stolen time to join the server.

signature.png

Edited 4 times, last by Huor: Versions swapped: Freelancer.exe = 2.1.0.5 LauncherUpdater.exe = 2.0.0.4 ().

• Launcher self-update works good :), also it looks it remember setting.

• Thankfully I backed up my EXE folder before using Huor's file.
    Now restored from backup -> Launched FL -> Saw "Trying to read update information" -> After a second it changed to progress bar -> Progress bar went to 100% -> Launcher appeared again -> I could start multiplayer (but server still offline).

For the first time in the history of mankind the CF 2.0 Launcher Updater worked without problems on my Windows XP system!!! :)
    (It worked correctly, right??)

Edit: Nope :( Launcher Updater is 2.0.0.4 and Freelancer is 2.1.0.4... Now after restart they are fighting each other again...

Edit2: I killed Freelancer.exe in task manager, then the updater worked -> now I have Freelancer is 2.1.0.5 and Launcher Updater 2.0.0.4.
    Versions are swapped with those in Huor's notice above, but I can start the game without problems \o/

- Wanderer -

• Yes, for some stupid reasons the version meanwhile is 2.0.0.5. So with the next start you again get an update.
    But the progress you posted is absolutely correct.

Edit by
    Thx SilverFox, you're correct, the versions are swapped. I did correct it above, thx for letting me know
    Edit by Wanderer
    I am not SilverFox but you're welcome :)

• solved the prob by restoring a backup.

TY for the work huor!

Best Regards / Grüße

Aldenmar Odin

• lucky me :P couldn't come online yesterday

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Hey everyone. I just did a clean install of everything and used the client available for download from here:

https://swat-portal.com/forum/…2-0-Client-Edition/#files

Everything went smooth, but I have an issue related to the "trying to read update information" pop-up. I saw two posts so far, one referred to try another link, but I did not see the link in the post.

My issue is after that message pops up, it closes, and the Crossfire Launcer re-opens, then the pop-up re-opens, and it's an infinite loop until I manually kill the process in task manager.

I haven't been rick-rolled in years, so I'm actually laughing my ass off! Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I went on a limb and ran as administrator, problem solved!

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!

• rename the freelancer.exe to something else and then launch it
    then the update should work

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• I got it to work by running in administrator, I'll keep this in mind if I have any other issues that might be related. Thanks though!

[RA] Revan

[Republic Alliance]
    (click for system rules)
    A Galactic Smugglers Clan in a galaxy not far away!