Solving Connection probs in STO

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Matt Palmer@Lezar.

• Since November there are massive connection problems to the STO server when you connect from some europe countries and also some US states.
    Cryptic was not very supportive so far so i came up with my own solution.

with the launcher you could select a new proxy server under the options
    problem is that there are only 2 options available (EU and US) while cryptic actually has more proxies.

in the launcher you can also set a command line option.
    there you can put e.g. "-SetProxy eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com 80"
    this one used to solve the lag problems for me (you might need to see which proxy is working best for you -> eu1, eu2, us1, us2... )

however... this solution requires you to connect to the game via launcher
    but what is what the connection problems are so bad that not even the launcher is loading (yep that happend frequently in the past weeks)

I worked on a different approach.
    Lets bypass the launcher and directly connect to the STO servers via proxy.

create a batch file with the following content and put that file into the same folder where the gameclient.exe is located (.\Star Trek Online\Live\).

"start /b GameClient.exe -Locale english -server 208.95.186.11 -server 208.95.186.13 -server 208.95.186.12 -server 208.95.186.37 -SetProxy eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com 80 -enabledebugconsole -console"

you can edit the language in this command and also the proxy name
    if you dont want to run the game console in background then remove the last 2 commands

run that batch file and it will start the game and connect you to the patchserver and the game server using the proxy
    this way you can get into the game even when the normal connection to the sto server and its launcher is problematic

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• This zip contains the launcher bypass.

Files

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Great info, thanks. Just done the batch file and it seems to work, although the server is currently down for maintenance. I keep a shortcut on my desktop for future use.

• I just started running STO on my desktop Mac because of the new Beta version and it logs in only about 30% of the time and when it freezes i can't close the startup window and i can't shut it down or restart it the normal way because the window won't close so what i end up doing is pulling the plug Scotty and starting it over which usually works.