Boff training and command specs

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Crusader.

• new boff training stuff looks pretty clean and certainly a bit more organized

you keep your old skills on your boffs (just like they were trained in these skills).
    you can use the old boff trainer to purchase new traning manuals which cost you some EC (about 10x the amount of the old boff training system)
    you can obtain as many manuals as you want... means... your boffs can be trained in ALL the skills and you can then switch them just like you want it

this makes large boff rosters obsolete

you can get all basic boff skills from the boff trainer (it was turned into a vendor where you simply can buy the manuals)

rare boff skills can be crafted
    so you can e.g. craft an attack patter beta III
    every crafted training manual will cost you 500 dil
    that itself sounds not much... but lets face it... thats 500 dil more than before
    next to that is it very likely that you want your boffs to have all the skills and be able to switch between them when you want
    so in the end you are crafting like 10 manuals for each boff
    so... 5 space... 5 ground... 1 shuttle = 11 boffs
    11x10x500 = 55000 dil
    yes that fast small sums turn big

ok if you want intelligence or the new command manuals for your boffs you have to go to the boff trainer
    there you can purchase these skill manuals
    they cost dil (up to 7400 dil each)

the new command spec tree is focused mostly on teamplay
    you get team bonus on some unlocks...
    best thing you can get a 2.5% xp bonus at the very end of this tree (for each team member)
    putting aside that 2.5% is a joke... the most interesting issue is that you get it at the end of the tree when you practically dont need to level anymore

so first you have to level where you need all the xp.... and then when you are done you in theory would get a bonus (when you dont need it anymore)

however... the new spec tree adds 30 new levels
    (who of you have already reached the max level? me not)
    all this spec tree does is adding more grind to the game

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• your boffs can be trained in ALL the skills and you can then switch them just like you want it

now that was a great idea, and has saved me some zen as i already wanted to buy few more slots

so first you have to level where you need all the xp.... and then when you are done you in theory would get a bonus (when you dont need it anymore)

haha, prob they think that everyone will now first try to specialize in this new command spec, and then use it to lvlup all other specializations...but da hell .. i'll use this weekend's double EXP and Skill event to max all specializations, and then im out of boring argala for some time :)

but first, lets see how useful will this new primary spec be ...

• get all specs?

aha

16 argala runs for one level up
    first 10 specs are free... so you are going for 50 level ups (or less - depending on how many you already have)

50x16 = 800 runs
    lets say... 4mins per run?
    = 3200 mins = 53,33 hours
    .... well... if you keep your sleep short you might get it done ^^

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• 16 runs? you sure about this?

according to my calculations, i need 13-14 ruins (depends how many times i end up killing annoying hirogens giving little reward).
    let's say 14... i need max 3,5min to finish single argala. (3min with kazon and malon, hirogens again are just annoying and outlying the results...)

that's cca 50min per level. taking the double EXP weekend ... and i believe i need only 25 spec points more .. ill be done with that crap in 3 days!
    at the same time, i usually get 60k after a single argala run from selling the items: after a single level -> 840k ec -> looking at the exchange prices , that is 3 superior beam tech at minimum .. in 50min!!!

to put it differently: i'd rather spend 3 days leveling up, than spend another month trying to force myself to enter the darn argala .. and and this point, space ships make nicer explosions that dinos at dyson ground :D

• but dinos have las0rz on their heads

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I checked the new Boff training/skill on Tribble. I have to say that I do like it. Test it a bit more over the next few days, but looks good so far.