Dilithium 2015

There are 14 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by davidbennett1819.

• Ok I am on the "lets earn some Dilithium" topic.
    The other methods are still valid and effective but lets give this one a try.
    Below are 2 methods of making dil in an effective way under the current gameplay conditions.

How about earning your daily load of dilithium within 10 minutes or less?
    (this btw. is a long term method that makes use of the dilithium bonus weekends which in theory happend every 3 months)

Ok, this method works best if you have 4+ chars since you can bypass the mission cooldown by switching chars.
    The mission to be played is "Nukara Prime: Transdimensional Tactics Elite".

Adv. use either a TR-116b as weapon or a Borg Prostetic Weapon (which only costs you 4000 dil on the Task Force Omega Rep store)
    The TR-116b can bypass enemy shields which is good in that mission while the Borg Prostethic weapon is a fast firing gun which does very large amount of damage.
    Since Ive equiped my chars with such weapons I never problems with failing missions due to low dps team members (you can easily compensate it).

The mission itself will not take more than 5mins (often you are done after 3mins).
    Normal Dilithium Reward is 1440 dil per run.
    Additionally do this you will get 160 Nukara marks (because of the daily bonus) and for every additional run of that mission you still get 110 Nukara Marks.

First run:
    1440 dil + 160 Nukara Marks (5mins mission)

Second run:
    1440 dil + 110 Nukara Marks (5mins mission)

Sum: 2880 dil + 270 Nukara marks (10mins playtime)

I said this is a long term method for dilithium grinding that makes use of the regular Dilithium Bonus Weekends.
    So what you do is to keep your Nukara marks and trade them for dilithium when such an event is running.

50 marks = 750 dilithiums

Since you have earned with 2 runs of this mission a total amount of 270 marks the calculation for such a trade looks this way:

270/50*750 = 4050 dilithum

So with running this mission you have earned 4050 dilithium when you trade the marks + 2880 dilithium directly from the mission.
    Thats a total amount of 6930 Dil for 10mins.

Per day you can refine 8000 dil.
    So we are a bit more than 1000 dil short on the goal.
    Well... I guess you are sending your doffs on assignments each day?
    You could do that when you queue the mission and wait for it to start.
    I usually get 1000-1500 dil per day just from my doff assignments. Some of my chars are usually located at the academy to do the daily "path to bla bla bla" quiz -> thats another 480 dil in less than 30seconds.
    Et voilà -> 8000 dil.
    Goal achieved in about 10 mins.

If you have multiple chars you can cycle through them to bypass the 30mins mission cooldown.
    I have 8 chars and in 60-90 mins all of them are done (2 runs).

Unfortunately there is a problem with this method which you certainly become aware of if I show you long term calculations of this method.

Lets take a look at this method based on periodic repeating events -> the Dilithium Bonus Weekends.
    They happen every 3 months.... so ... every 90 days (in theory).

When you want to refine 8000 dil each day over a period of 90 days you will need:

90*8000 = 720.000 Dilithium ore.

You play this mission 2 times a day... which means that for 90 days you directly earn 2880dil per day as regular mission reward.

90*2880 = 259.200 Dilithium ore.

You also get 270 Nukara Marks each day.

90*270 = 24300 Marks

Now thats the point with the problem. Because you have to trade all your marks when this event is running.
    That means:

24300 Marks/50*750 = 364.500 Dilithium ore

but it also means:

24300 Marks/50 = 486 trades (per char)

So during the bonus weekend you certainly will spend all your day to trade Marks.
    1. find the correct rep project
    2. slot the rep project
    3. fill the rep project with marks
    4. click on the trade button
    5. wait 15 seconds for the project to finish
    continue this procedure 486 time per char

Assuming you can run the trade 3 times per minute you still need about 3 hours for one of your toons and after about an hour your hand will start to hurt.

That sux. I for sure dont want to sit a few days infront of my PC slotting 4000 rep projects (doing 30.000 clicks) for all of my chars.
    The solution to this problem is a tool called autohotkey.
    It is a macro tool that can do all these mouse clicks for you automatically.
    This way you can go shopping, clean the house... watch tv or do whatever you want while you earn dilithium during the bonus event.
    The only advantage of this marco over other players is that at the end of the day you can still move your arm and therefore i have no bad feeling about making use of it.

Benefits of this method:
    - minimal time per day required to get your dil
    - 2 elite R&D reward packs per char and day

Disadvantages:
    - the need to use the makro
    - no instand reward (you need to make use of the Dilithium Bonus weekend)

______________________________________________________________________________

Another method is grinding at dyson ground.
    Ive covered this in a different tutorial already but since there have been updates here is another approach.

Benefits of this method:
    - good instant rewards

Disadvantages:
    - no R&D rewards
    - takes more time per day

This is a straight forward approach on dyson ground grinding... this means Solo-play without zone hopping.
    Key idea is to play dyson ground exactly one time per char and day while making sure that you get daily dyson marks bonus aswell as completing ALL the quests of the Commander at the control center.

Main idea is to get involved in killing at least 2 Vrex at the end.
    For the first one you get 720 dil, and when you kill the 2nd you get 3200 dil.

when you kill 20 voth you while the quest timer is running you get 720 dil, if you kill 40 voth before the time runs out you get 1080 dil and if you kill 60 voth on that quest you get 1440 dil.
    For collecting 20 command marks and requesting reinforcement (2 quests) you get another 1080 dil.

You have to actively play this mission in order to get the Vrex spawning faster ... so no idling.
    For each zone that you capture you get 90 dil (but for now we ignore this).

So what do we have so far?
    3200 + 720 dil for killing the 2 vrex
    lets say 1080 for killing the voth (ive taken the golden middle)
    1080 for the other 2 quests

Thats a total amount of 6080 dil for 15-20min gameplay + whatever dil you have earned for capturing zones.
    IF you capture more than 5 zones and are involved in killing 2 Vrex you get 5400 dil instead of only 3200.
    So your should always try to capture as many zones as possible because if you get the higher reward at the end of the mission then you are already over 8000 dil. Thats all you will need for a day.

However, if you only get the normal reward for killing the 2 Vrex then you still can get to your 8000 dil.
    Fact is that when finishing the mission you get 5 cybernetic implants (3 of them are worth 1000 dil and 1500 dil during the Dilithium bonus weekend).
    And you get about 250 dyson marks which then can be traded for dilithium aswell.

Now lets assume you got the normal reward each day.

6080 dil from the mission
    5 implants -> 5/3*1000 = 1666 dil worth (or during the bonus event 5/3*1500 = 2500 dil)
    250 dyson marks -> 250/50*500 = 2500 dil (or during the bonus event 250/50*750 = 3750 dil)

So in the end play this mission once a day is worth at least 10.246 dil.
    More if you trade implants and marks during the Dilithium bonus event.

oh... and i assume just like with the first method you also do doff assignments?

btw. during the dil bonus weekend you also get 50% more dil on the direct dil rewards for the mission

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Very interesting....I was wondering about the current ways. Currently I'm leveling up some guys to start better faring and this is great info!!! Is the borg prosthetic the tac one from the rep system? (I'm a long way from that TR-116B)

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• yes, its the one from the omega force rep store.... it costs little more than 4000 dil and does by default +200dps just like pulsewave weapons but it has a by far bigger range so its perfect for nearly every situation

7 of my toons use this weapon meanwhile (investing 4000 dil once is really worth it)
    tested it dyson ground and captured zones with ease using this weapon

The TR116b is a great weapon if you have enemies with very strong shields (e.g. Tholian Project leaders, Elachi Betas or Elachi Scanners).
    IF you dont want to craft them you can buy one from the exchange for a few mio EC.
    The prices dropped.
    But the weapon is not good in every situation... its has not that high dps since its a sniper weapon and the fire frequency is slow which does make it impracticable when there are many small enemies such as the ones at bug hunt.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Is the borg prosthetic the tac one from the rep system? (I'm a long way from that TR-116B)

this one: Borg Prosthetic - Maintenance Drone MK XII [CrtH]x2
    The 116b isn't even that expensive .. mk12 very rare can be bough for 2,9mio , and mk12 ultra rare for 4,2mio .. i would suggest going right away with an UR, it will save you some dil and r&d materials just for a rarity upgrade ...

• isnt it CritD?

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ok then

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• small add-on: have just done few voth ground rounds: definitely buy the 116b rifle! it's actually very easy to tag all 3 dinos with it, as you only need to shot at each dino for like 10sec, and then you can run off to another one, because now you have to deal damage to dino's health.. shield doesn't matter
    this way you're back to earning easy 8000dil a day within only 30min :)

• All good info about the dil. We will need more dil soon anyway as it looks like another dil sink is coming soon with the new Bridge Officer Skill training.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9052733-bridge-officer-training

(Link may not work by clicking on it. Just copy and paste it in your browser. Should work then.)

Edited once, last by Crusader ().

• yeah its getting more and more expensive to play the game
    for gods sake we dont have to work on fleet projects anymore

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• for gods sake we dont have to work on fleet projects anymore

you never know ... first they set a new captain cap lvl to lvl60 ... it would probably be appropriate to set a new starbase cap level to lvl6, so to buy fleet based T6 ships xD

• they said to introduce t6 fleet ships so maybe you are right

the T5 sb upgrades have cost +5mio dil

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• I did grab a omega rep borg gun, I went with dmg x2 since I dont seem to miss very much....for sure a useful weapon since it still has decent range and fast fire rate. I'll be looking into a 116b more now that prices have come down quite a bit from when I first looked at them.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Those are great tips, should certainly take the edge off the gear upgrade grind. Thanks a ton (:

One tip I found thats useful is to not turning in the T5 rep reward until a dilithium bonus weekend. It turns 32,000 dilithium into 48,000. Its a great boost, especially when you add in the turning in marks for dil.

Another one I found is to use the hourly mark turn in if your about to go offline, or have enough to fit them all in. The ratio is slightly better, and you get an item which can be sold for ec.

My final addition would be to hold off on turning in Cybernic Implants, Contraband, Isomorphics and suchlike until a bonus weekend. Pushes it even higher.