event-announcements and EM-s

There are 51 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• hi there,

since i am on this server there always have been these announcements about the different events for each day in the week in system-messages. when i started to be an event-manager i tried to follow these announcements but guess what, i wasn't able. either i didn't know the event itself (i.e. trade assault) or there were too less players or i have simply no time.

1. i suggest to delete these announcements at all. they are like spam and simply annoying, at least for me as the only active EM ||
    2. i talked with some players on server about their willingness to become EM. so this thread should also be a way for recruitment of the EM-team. no problem mates, whoever will join us will get the necessary training, hints and advices. so pls register here for new duties and the joy of making ppl happy :thumbsup: we have many nice event-ideas and frankly, i would like to participate in some of them :rolleyes:

for point 2 i presume the compliance of OP ...

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• didn't think about requirements so far. of course it is good to have some experiences with events made through participation. and i think the players/EM-s should be trustworthy since the credits provided by OP are meant only as prizes for events. aaah, and patience and the ability to keep a cool head are very important ;)

BUT: experience u will get by doing ur job as EM. and everyone is trustworthy till he proves the opposite. and patience and keeping a cool head is easy since u must always think "hey, THEY want this event, so THEY should listen otherwise there is no event" :D

so all in all: no REAL requirements needed atm :thumbsup:

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

• at first i want to thank AZ09 and Apache for their successful applications for EM-membership and their first made events :thumbup: thx also to OP for his quick work to provide them with the necessary credits and so on :thumbup:

ok, next thing i want to tell: i updated Shockwave's thread about the event and event-rules. there are still some things/events missing but this gives a first help for all new event-managers.

feel free to comment :)

• hey, u participated in many events, so u know the most important facts about events and what the EM does to make them happen:
    - announce event (in universal-chat* and/or forum/calender**)
    - wait at the event-meeting-point for participants
    - let them make the event according to the specific event-rules (rules for most events u find here: link),
    (- sometime u must participate in events so that u get 2 even teams)
    - analyze results (count guns, frags, time ... whatever is needed)
    - give prizes

* ur EM-account will get access to universal-chat and u have to use the .um followed by ur text
    ** important for events where u need many participants

• Ermmm ... Denne, u sound angry btw ... I'm a bit scared now actually ...

Well, atm, i cannot create another ID ... it keeps generating the last ID ... is there any maximum limit of IDs per person or IP ... ???

• sorry my friend, i was not angry, just forgot to make some jokes and smile :) or :D or :thumbup: or :thumbsup: or :roflmao:

so no worries :)

about ur ID-problem: i use FLID-changer to create new and switch between ID-s. never had any problems 8).

• I'm using FL ID Changer too ... and using it since 1.9 ... no problem at all ...
    The problem is, when 2.0 started, CF cannot generate any new ID ... it keeps generating the same ID ...
    I'd tried several times deinstall and reinstall on everyting ... but, nothing change so far ... CF still can't generate new ID for me...
    I might be deleting 1 or more chars so that i can make the EM char ... for now i guess ...

@soul, i was a commando and fighter pilot before btw ... hehehe

• I usually create new IDs via a new Windows account and an unmodded FL (copy of which I have for this exact purpose).
    And I found out that giving these temporary accounts the same name results in the same ID.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".