Weapons best setup

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• what about ingame efficiency

According to your style of fighting as well as flying and to your abilities on both ... TRY AND TEST IT to find "your" set-up ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• every weapon has a difference efficiency on different shields and npcs
    a dps calculation simply makes no sense

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Sometimes is good to know how the weapon work according to the game engine.
    I'm talking about NPC and Singleplayer.
    For PVP something like USB Triple Action Foot Switch Keyboard Control Foot Pedal helps a lot.

• USB Triple Action Foot Switch Keyboard Control Foot Pedal

:roflmao:

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• most commonly used pvp loadout:
    Cayman very heavy fighter
    2x Nemesis Missile Launcher
    Paralyser Missile Launcher
    3x W'ar-sy Propulsor (sold by many players)
    at least 1 Cruise disruptor
    Adv. Champion H.F. Shield
    shield upgrade
    Crossfire thruster
    power generator
    good luck :)
    EDIT: sorry, forgot pirate and csf licenses :P

Edited 3 times, last by Apache ().

• If you really want to enjoy killing off everything with ease, that is most common in space, follow this

Ship: Saracen Coalition Very Heavy Fighter (Selling point: Altair - explore a bit, it's not in Sovetskaya)

Weapon loadout: 4x W'ar-Sy Propulsor (Dropped by Savage - Inner Core) / 4x Coalition Gattling (Sold by Coalition - Altair) ; 1x Nemesis Missile Launcher (Dropped from wrecks in Altair) + 1x Cataclysm Missile Launcher (Dropped from wrecks in Altair)

Extras: Adv. Hydroxin Thruster ; Adv. Champion VHF Shield; Shield Upgrade, Armor Upgrade, Energy Upgrade

Most of the stuff you can buy from players in multiplayer.

• According to the weapons list (damage per second - not per shot), the W'ar-Sy Propulsor is less good than Wild Fire MK II, but ingame is not so right ?
    Also when I switch weapons in odd (1,3,5) and than full (1,2,3,4,5,6) very fast to get rate of fire of 4.0
    Maybe i'm saying total shit, but it happens in some games. Like the game engine ignore some weapons power.

• about CODENAMES MK2 vs Inner Core guns:
    Please note the differences in range and projectile speed. Some MK2 guns do more damage than Coalition Gatlings or inner core guns, but they are not much use in pvp because of the relatively slow projectile speed and range. Also, higher projectile speed means you can hit people at wider/sharper turn angles, whereas you will shoot behind them with lower projectile speed.
    However, for podding MK2 guns are just fine (I like to mix them with Nomad guns for better duration in all-gun setups)
    As for Ther'Hon cannon, it may have the fastest projectile speed and best damage, but its power drain makes it less worth it. I personally stick to coalition gatlings and W'ar-Sy propulsors, as those are more energy efficient (dmg/energy)

• ... but Ther`hon Cannon , if you are good at aiming is devastating with just a few shots :D (victims experience)

... War-sy Propulsors are VEEERY efficient in bringing down shields

and in general : higher ROF is highly recommended ... if you're not a top notch aimer
    (don't forget, npcs also use engine kill and strafing, what the automatic aiming doesn't compensate well)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• hmmm never tried/tested/compared it, tbh .....

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• What you guys mean in automatic aiming... is it possible in CF.... if possible, i really would like to have it though... just tell me how btw ... hehehe...

• ^^ means ur guns follow ur cursor and u don't hyve to "aim" the whole ship ^^

... but if I remember correctly there IS kind a "fine-tuning" of the guns movements towards the target when the cursor - while firing - stays inside the target mark box ...
    similar to but not as effective as the "autotagreting" used by the american fighters in Star Lancer

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• but if I remember correctly there IS kind a "fine-tuning" of the guns movements towards the target when the cursor - while firing - stays inside the target mark box ...

Hmmm... interesting ... can you pm me how to do that ... ??? hehehehe...
    might be useful for player like me i guess... which rely only on guns... not missiles ... hehehe