Raising rep with Corsairs

There are 21 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by The Original.

• Hi,

is there any good way to raise reputation with Corsairs?
    I have everywhere "white" reputation only Corsair is deep red. They are enemies of Police and Houses, so I started shooting containers of Police, this changed rep with nearly everyone except Corsairs. Are they included in this "Criminals" group which are enemies of Police?
    My rep is stuck at a deep level, I see I have 1,5 empty fields left to the left border.

I thought about buying rep foe them ( also, where?) and then start killing some of them to lower it again.

• 1) Attack Hessians
    2) Attack Outcasts (not guaranteed)
    3) Attack Mollys
    4) Planet Pygar, Omicron Theta has rly cheap bribes for Corsairs - or at least, had in 1.9, dunno if it was changed.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• "Just" shooting containers works different from killing npcs.
    And have in mind : shooting i.e. police or Outcasts effects a lot of other factions as well
    which
    affects corsais rep => not or only minimal changes.

Best would be killing Mollys and Red Hessians, since they "hate" Corsairs the most and have only few other connections to think of.

Or looking for a bribe, but that could - eventually - have quite some effect on the rest of your reputation :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I also thought that bribe is too much. Actually bribe brought me in this situation ;)
    I think fighting Mollys/RedHessians is good idea. Also they are negative but I have some points to give for them. Thanks.

• As "crowded" as Vega is - now, podding can become ... complicated :D ... reputationwise

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Killing Xenos raises also the rep with MANY factions unfriendly to corsairs making them unfriendly to you, so ... it won't do the wanted fix here.
    And, btw lowers your rep with ... some factions as Zoners and =OBundschuh

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• I think solution is BMM storage containers with additionally if needed kill mollys. Thanks for all participating.
    Btw this is for the freighter char. On the fighter all criminals are deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep red :)

• if u wanna trade with a freighter u might smuggle some BMG-s too what brings u to many criminals-bases. in order to be able to buy equipments and ammo there, the best way is to follow Diablos ultimate reputation guide. after that u will be free to buy whatever u want on all Sirius bases.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

Edited once, last by Martind Forlon ().

• Hi,

yes but the ultimate guide takes very long. Actually I have a different char which can buy everything ( if it is not frighter only).

I tried the very short one, but wanted to buy an Armored Transport and for this you need very good relations with Samura what is against all criminals. Seems that for this I need the ultimate which I dont know if I will follow this, I just wanted to do some trading additionally, but not to spend 2 months to just prepare the reputation. Thats for me not worth it.

Also the idea with BMM did not work, negative effects where too strong and positives not enough, so I will abandon that char.

• Are you saying you require 2 months to follow the "Ultimate Reputation Guide" above ... well, that's too long btw ... i just need about 10 hours to complete it ...
    For every new character, this is what i do ...

1) dont buy any bribe (junkers or zoner) ... no need at this early stage... if you buy, you will have to buy another bribe in order to buy things or equipments, waste of credits...
    2) go custodian. buy black eagle. or any VHF that u like ...
    3) go X, buy armor
    4) go Hiruga, buy shield
    5) go Hokkaido, buy thruster
    6) go frankfurt, buy shield gen and power gen ...

Weapons.. if you got online friend/store, u can get any guns u like..
    Along all this process, please DONT KILL a single NPC...

1) go chugoku, kill 315 Blood dragons
    2) go Frankfurt, kill 220 Hessian
    3) go dublin, kill 120 Mollys
    4) go hudson, kill 180 xenos
    5) go The Corridor, kill 50 Outcast

Then, Bribe as per the guide ofc ... bunduch, LWB, GC and mollys...
    Then ...

1) kill 20 Liberty police
    2) kill 25 bounty hunters
    3) kill 20 Liberty navy...

It works for every new char indeed... only maximum 10 hours...

• If it is only 10 hours play time ok, but already travelling you mentioned and buying is 2h+, then killing ~1k enemies with all travelling is imho much more than 8h playtime. So it is hard for me to believe.

And if you only have 3-4h in the whole week for playing, it accumulates.

But I will try over x-mas time. Would be good if this is right.

One question also: For the kills you mentioned, does it matter if you do this in missions for which party you do this? Should be, or?

• do not any missions for this reputation-fix! doing missions means making one faction very happy (the faction u are working for). this in the same time makes other factions very unhappy about u and in the end this fix doesn't work as intended.

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Hi,

following the main guide by having this as hint. Thanks The Original!

I bought starter bribes and the Black Eagle, cheap and rather ok. Added 4x Wyrm Type 2, Firestalker and Sunstalker Missiles.
    Bought directly at Blood also Heavy Truster and lvl 10 shield ( since we are not facing Corsair/Outcast in huge numbers this is also fine). Then bought in New York/Colorado Shield Upgrade VII and Power Upgrade MK IV ( also fine for this purpose).

Am at 9:16 played time and finished part 2 of killing ( Hessians ). Think 10h will not work for me :)
    But note that I spend time to visit every base on the way and also went back to nearest prison to sell pods.

Numbers for Dragons and Red Hessians match perfectly for me, but I went to Dresden ( for Vogtland base, main HQ of Red Hessians) instead of Frankfurt ( Bundschuh Base ).

Addon: So, nearly through with point 5) Xenos. My recommendation is to buy early Skyblast B ( next to CHigouko in Sigma) or, even better, Get CG or Alien 8.33 Guns. Hunting 180 Xenos is next to self punishment and desparation. Those warping bastards are really hard to kill. When doing this in Colorado it is little better since here the only have starflyer, in Hudon Hawks.

For bribes go for Kreuberg Depot, has bribe for LWB and Bundschuh.

Edited 4 times, last by ramses ().

• I was not so fast, took me around 20h. Also maybe because i did not use CGs but wyrm 2 and sold PODs inbetween.