Crossfire 2.0 Beta released

There are 2 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• Crossfire logo

A few weeks ago we have silently released a public Beta version of the Crossfire 2.0 Mod. Crossfire 2.0 contains 43 exciting main story missions which extend the original game and will lead the player to an epic showdown. New exciting battles, cutscenes and discoveries await you. Are you ready for it? Can you unlock the 44th mission (bonus mission)?

Crossfire 2.0 - Release

In 2014 we had to deal with lots of critics regarding the overdue Mod release. Infact the development of the Mod took much longer than expected in first place. There were many reasons for the delay, such as technical problems (as we were really working at the limits of whats possible with the game engine), the sheer size of the Mod, community feedback and wishes which convinced us to add even more content than originally intended. The amount of time and work we have invested to build the new version has been massive.

I wish I could say that all the work is done, already. A few weeks ago we have silently released a public Beta version of the Crossfire 2.0 Mod and since that we have been pretty quiet about it here at ModDb.

We knew that the singleplayer part of the Mod was working flawlessly, but our server software (which has been completely rewritten for CF 2.0) required a step by step testing and debugging period. We decided to go through that procedure with the core Crossfire Online Community. It was the best possible test environment for us to locate and fix the most urgent problems aswell as getting qualified feedback from long term Crossfire players. Every day the Mod and server software are getting better and more reliable.

Since we clearly didn't want enter the Mod Awards 2014 with empty hands you are free to download the latest Beta version of Crossfire 2.0 at Swat-Portal.

You will very soon notice how much work went into this massive Mod which truly can be called the "Freelancer sequel". But please keep in mind that this is just a Beta version of the Mod and that we are still working on the Multiplayer part of it. Many server features are currently not even active, but we will change that bit by bit in the next few weeks.

Full article to be read at moddb: Crossfire 2.0 Beta released news - Mod DB

• Now this will start to be interesting ... :bcool:

• Happy moderators pre- :00000576: work time starts :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)