Storyline feedback

There are 33 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by ILIYAN.

• As many of you have already finished to play the new story missions I'd like to get some feedback on these missions.
    I am aware that especially the ending might leave the players with feeling reaching from "wow, incredible" to "why have you done this?"

I dont want to spoil anything and this discussion is not meant to reveil anything. I just want to see if people like the way how the Crossfire story developed.

Was the "loss" at the ending too much or was it something that makes you think "ok it was hard but absolutely heroic and worth being done"?
    What do you think about how we reveiled the DKs story?
    Has anyone already discovered the secret bonus mission?

Do you think this was the end of all conflicts?

Feedback!
    I want it NOW!
    :king

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Imo ending for CF SP is maybe little expected (when is end coming near) but very logical and imo fully fit to Campaign characters background. I will not except less from these involved in ending.

For bonus mission: its rly nice opening for all possible additions to this mod, my personal wish is only have there some harder NPCs to dealt with :)

With harder NPCs: something for Canis sector will be nice too, but its only a wish too :) .

And: I do not think its end of all fighting :) There may be more new ones :)

• Well you already know most of my feelings about the mod. The end came to the only conclusion it could have. I knew that there would be some lost given how it was being set up. Absolutely perfect ending. I also believe like Martind that there are openings for different "paths" or additions somewhere down the road but separate from CF. As for this being the end of all conflicts, don't think so. If our own RL history has taught us anything, there always seems to be someone who just can't get along with anyone; or allows greed to overcome common sense, and starts troubles anew.

It was my great pleasure to work with you Op, Huor, Martind and the rest of the Dev Team on this. So, yeah my comments might be a little jaded, so sue me! :blol:

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

Edited once, last by Gearhead10: correction ().

• *BUMP*

• Allright, but I didn't start over, so I missed a lot (i know now thanks to Forlon (no spoil))

The overhauling of all the graphics are a bit overwhelming, so I might not have paid attention, to current objectives. I tried to do missions as fast as possible though.

I started with "The Device" mission, with my "refurbished" Redemption (5xguns, 1 missiles and 2 torps). My difficult level was average (1 I think) and didn't have much trouble getting through the story, maybe a little too easy, considering my choice of ship (or too much help from NPC's ). The level of difficulty seems to be the same through the story, but I did expect that it would be harder in the end (like Vanilla was imho very hard ending, back then). Maybe I just got better at this or is overpowered, idk.

The story was exciting and adrenalin kicks in the right places. I especially liked when "find your own way" happend and you need to explore a bit/lot.
    I wasen't surprised about the end, something like that had to happen.

Do you think this was the end of all conflicts?

No way, there will be another way, eventually or the usual disputes amongst factions (There are not new reputations).

So all in all, Thanks a lot to the dev-team for all your efforts, to entertain us :king:aok::thankyou:
    My cents for now. More willcome later, when I do it right.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Hello... since i've completed the SP, i would like to comment something a little bit only...

1) the storyline is just fine but as i can see in the previous post... definitely the story will not end forever... humans, what can you expect... always rivalry... treachery ... politics ... and so on ... and ofc, there might be some others superior force out there, not only the kavash or setek or nepesh or razak ... or perhaps, even though the black hole is destroyed, definitely they can find their own way to our galaxies ... DEFINITELY ...

2) Bonus mission??? well, i have no idea whether the mission i played was a storyline mission or bonus mission ... how can i know it was a bonus mission btw???

3) Most of the time, the whole new missions, especially a long journey mission ... it was too quiet ... if possible, let's make it a bit livelier... such as ... some chatting with Juni or King ... perhaps, during this whole long journey, they can tell you some stories or anything related to the missions...

4) on the DK stories... i got no comment on that... which means ... satisfactorily ... hehehehee...

5) All in all... CF2.0 is MARVELLOUS ... that's all i can say anyway... BIG MIGHTY THANKS to the DEV TEAMS and any related personnel... THANK SO MUCH...

• For sidestory mission: read latest cf short story published also in last server news. It was not coincidence that it was posted after mod 'release' ;) ... and one more hint: start search from the center, its faster :) . The best possibility when go for side mission search is use 1st pause in cf storyline (decline juni or king question if ready to continue). But you can also use another 2 moments when can be storyline paused.

• Even if :koenig: does not have patience, I recommend this post more feedbacks wait until more players finish SP. I am even half way and will probably take some time. So if you found something bonuses or easter eggs ;) not spoil the pleasure of others and not tell them here. Tnx in advance.

• 2) did you stumble over it between 2 regular story missions? -> then it was a bonus mission

3) hmm... how is your "juni-voice"? can you do that? :girl_sigh:
    Voices are tricky...compared to CF1.9 we have used alot of voice samples during mission flight but also took care of many new dialoges and scripted scenes between the missions to tell the story. More than 15 new voices were created by me for CF2.0 but the tricky part is and will remain the voices of original characters. For Orillion and Trent I certainly have found acceptable solutions.... but juni... well... thats tricky.
    You cant simply replace Jennifer Hale.

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Well, since this is sort of expansion pack for freelancer, the voice thing is not necessarily to be the same as the original ya know... hehehe ...
    Just find any clear female voice should be ok enough btw ...

Another thing related to voice ... is the radio chatter or something .. is it possible to make it with 1 voice instead of 2 voices ??? just asking btw ...

p/s : ahhh... that's your voice OP? the radio chatter ... hehehehe ...

• Hi OP

Like i said before the storyline is awesome, i just have some question that some how dint understand.
    to start with: timeline - in the final battle the alliance go to fight the DOMS with....4k HP ships end lvl 7 weapons? end that after so many new ships been build . i think this ships need to be upgraded with ships that match the time line.
    after the story everything go back like there was never war, Kavash stile kill coalition end wherever u go there is no mention of the battle that took place like it never happen .
    Also i was expecting after the last battle the alliance end coalition to fight in inner core with the kavash to kill the remaining aliens but there is nothing, everything is like the first time trent went to the core,is like nothing ever happen there.
    Maybe some human bases in iner core will not be bad idea....after the end of the story ofc.
    I hope i make sense XD
    I will replay the story in case i missed something..

BTW i was wondering why the kavash ding get there children to fight for them us well?...

• Humans lose their ability to travel to inner core after the last mission. So no bases there.
    And seriously i doubt that the DKs would like to see that.

Yes the storyline did end with a big blast.... and there could have been some "house cleaning" after that but nothing we could have build after the current end would have been THAT important.
    -> to leave on a high note

doing changes after that part of the story would have been technically hard since many modding limits have been reached
    it also would destroy the game environment for the server if we created an "after war scenario" where all people are friends.

If you mean Nomads when you say children.... well... they were fighting in this conflict but at a different location.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Given the fact that we still see an important structure in 2.0, it looks like a certain person has failed to do his mission in the end!

"We regret that his disappearance was without consequences and will now have to see how we can turn the tide in the battle!"

;)

I think the storyline was very well done - nothing to complain about, great job of all participants! Expected that the final battle can't end without major tragedies and was really impressed with how the story went forward up to that point. :party:
    Maybe the in-between-part in Altair could have been extended a bit before they changed their mind, but that's just a minor thing and my personal preference.

Personally, I hoped that Canis-Sector would play a role and undergo some changes, for becoming more attractive to travel to in MP, but I don't complain at all....

• well... the story was build in a way to allow players to think about what happens behind the scenes

Its not logical to assume that Trent was involved in everything... the outcome of the storyline certainly is also based on events that are not directly linked with trent as main character.
    The Coalition plot clearly is based on such events.
    I have introduced the Coalition commander as a re-appearing story character just like Quintaine, Walker or Von Claussen. They all had a background story which was important for the original game.
    Same applies to the "Hispanian plot".
    Trent certainly crossed the ways of these characters and influenced them... but they have their own story to tell.

At the end of CF1.9 it was clearly said that the Coalition is meanwhile working on an own hypergate... we absolutely decided to ignore this in CF2.0 since Trent was absolutely not involved in this part of the story. The Coalition Commander on the other side clearly was involved.

The good part of CF2.0 is that such background stories could be developed as part of bonus missions.
    The CF storyline was constructed in a way that would allow to start additional missions at specific times/points.
    If members of this community want to work on something like that... the possibilities were already created by us.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• and nothing i said indicated something else

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Ok so if i understand correctly the inner core is of limits after the story ends?- that dont make any sens.
    To sum it up everything is perfect till the story ends end the player(single player only) go back tho play 1.9 end there is absolutely no indication of everything that just took place .
    Also why DKs will not want humans in inner core when they just forged alliance with them? ...
    Why DKs kill coalition after the story ends when DK fleet was destroyed in last chapter end they need help more then ever to clear all of DOMs in inner core. I mean the DOMS cant get any more reinforcements but there is stile plenty of them in inner core.
    Like it or not there is (after war scenario) cause you just change the game end the timeline with the story end there is no going back.
    With some adjust of the reps (not saying everyone should be friends)end some humans spawns in inner core some of the questions could be addressed end seriously DK should stop kill coalition ( i talk to you about that 3 years ago when 1.9 was released)

Edited once, last by Zee ().

• I said that it is technically not possible

next to that is everything that happens AFTER the storyline not necessary related to the storyline
    thats just the open SP with the openSP/MP environment

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,