RESET SP and WINDOW options

There are 8 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Huor.

• It seems that the new launcher allows me to SET SP and WINDOW modes, but not de-activate them.

Anyone know where to deactivate he options, as unticking the two option boxes does not release the modes.

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• ANSWER -

In the freelancer/exe folder is the launcher.ini file ( the first few lines) - set the options to a zero ( 0 ) option and save the file.

Run Single Player , and DO NOT update when the update is offered.

This resets the file from Windowed to non-windowed and also reset the Open SP option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• nope.. it does not on my system. I have even re-booted in between.

Try ticking it a few times .. it looks like there is a programming error in that it does a x +=1 on the values whenever you tick them.

I ended up with both values at 2 . 3 . 4 etc .. Had to manually set them back to 0

• I am running CF1.9 and SP on Win8.1. Initially my mode was default windowed (my preference so as to take screenshots and save them thru MS Paint), Now ..... its defaulting to full screen (don't know why its changed .... ;( ) and I cannot return it to windowed,temporary or otherwise. Hence no more screenshots. :beaengstigend: In my setup the .ini file (in the EXE folder) is call <freelancer> and when opened with "Notepad" shows all the configuration setting. This includes the "Fullscreen=1" setting. I cannot reset it to "Fullscreen=0" as it it is a "read only" file. If I copy the file to Notepad, edit it to read "Fullscreen=0", and replace the original in the EXE folder, it still comes up fullscreen.

I also have CF 1.9 installed on a second computer running with WinXP. To go from fullscreen to windowed you press <Alt> <Enter>, ....... SIMPLE! But doesn't work, for me, with Win 8.1. Why is it so bloody hard with Win8.1to go from fullscreen to windowed. And in my case not possible at all!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS. Riebens. I see you're running 8.1 like me. Funny ..... I don't see the launcher.ini file in the EXE folder ..... ?(

Edited 3 times, last by wombat1940 ().

• Sorry AZ09 ..... missed your speedy reply. We assume then that Riebens is using 2.0 rather than 1.9 ..... Just strange that I had 1.9 windowed when first installed. Anyway thanks for the reply. :thumbup:

• OOOOOOOOOPS! Getting confused ...... :1eye::blush2::blush: It was FL Discovery that I could window not 1.9. :patsch: