Error launcher

There are 84 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Rockettom.

• Can you give some more details? It is with crossfire mod? It is for CF 2.0? What system (PC) you have? What FLMM you used for mod activation?

• Which windows version you have? Have you installed Net Framework 4.51? and Which Microsoft Visual C++ you have installed? ... about this error message you need wait for Huor, he may know what it means.

• Hmm, looks you have all what you should have. Try one thing: remove write protection from whole FL folder and check if you run Freelancer.exe as administrator (there should be also checked box for "disable desktop composition")

• either active write protection or missing files

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Sounds familiar to me, had the same with 1.9 already after a new pc set-up with win7 :

• remove write protection on FL vanillla and after each installation step from the new installed files, if there are any
    • before installation manually delete each and everything related to CF or Freelancer AFTER you run CCleaner
    • check your security programs : exclude each and every file related to FL or CF, especially the exe's !
    • run each intallation program /FLMM, FL vanilla, Crossfire20setup as administrator
    • don't change any installation paths, stay with default
    • WAIT if at some points during installation and activation there seems nothing to happen, IT HAPPENS

and the bad news : you will have to do it all again, sry M( but no other way.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Thats not working... Is there another way to fix that thing? Also I cant even change resolution, It keeps stays at 1920x1080x32bit.

• right click on your Freelancer folder and select "Properties" then untick the "Read-only" option.

Secondly, on the Freelancer Crossfire icon on the desktop, right click and select Properties, then Security Tab.

Make sure all the users and groups has Full Control Permissions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• Still getting E000000E6 Error Copy. It appears as if the launcher downloads files as if it were working right, and the last step comes up with the red error message). I went through all the installation steps very carefully (as administrator, etc.). Running Windows 7 ultimate, 64-bit.

• also tried to deactivate your antivir during installation/activates/launch?
    check if there are any files quarantined

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• No dice, sorry. One issue is that the read-only setting keeps coming back. Another is that some Windows advice sites say that the flag has no actual effect (or else I should be removing the flag for just about any program doing writes). I have administrator privileges everywhere. Anything about the compatibility issues perhaps? I have plenty of other games on the drive and none of these difficulties with them.

• Having Administrator privileges and "Run as Administrator" is not the same. "Run as Administrator" is elevated rights compared to computer Adminstrators.
    There's a hidden Administrator account in Windows (according to Microsoft don't unhide and use it). "Run as Administrator" runs as this user.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Sure, I did that through the whole installation (mod manager included), and even if the icon's properties setting says "Run as administrator" I still right-click and run as administrator to make sure. I just don't think this is my problem. In the compatibility tab I have the boxes "disable desktop composition" (it was on by default) and "run as administrator" checked. By chance does the launcher expect the files to be on disk C:? I have the whole thing installed on H: (and the Crossfire installation detected that Freelancer was on H:, so I didn't think that could be the problem).

UPDATE: I reinstalled it three more times (and giving up now), each time trying to be even more careful than before (rebooting at every step, and so on). Changing drives, too, last time on C: in all the default directories. Again, sadly, the same error code when the launcher updates. So please, if anyone has had this problem and could find the fix, please share it here -- I feel it might be a very small thing, and yet without it I can't play the game at all.

• Another is that some Windows advice sites say that the flag has no actual effect (or else I should be removing the flag for just about any program doing writes).

It surely has an actual effect. The point is that installers don't set it often, and then application files usually aren't updated outside of installers. But in case of Freelancer, its installer does set "read-only" attribute for at least some of the game files. And the Mod Manager and later the CF launcher do need to update Freelancer files.

So, going to an actual advice. When you click Properties on the EXE directory, is the read-only checkbox checked "cleanly", or it's checked and grayed? When you uncheck it, do you click "Ok" or "Apply" afterwards? When it asks whether to process files and subdirectories, what do you choose?

Also, I suppose it may be useful to remove "read-only" not only from the EXE directory, but from the whole Freelancer directory as well.

P. S. I don't think you'll need to reinstall Freelancer+Crossfire again to make it work. :)