Crossfire 2.0 on Windows 8.1

There are 17 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SilverFox.

• Hello-There
    Extra Information for players : i am using Windows 8.1 x64bit and i wanted from all to know no problems where found playing game on it and it is running 100% with full graphics that you choose Ex:(Sweet-FX) and no Font Bug or other things like FLMM Activating etc..
    if any one needs help with installing game or have an issue with
    windows 8.1 pm me
    Thanks for development team and admins of
    swat-portal
    cya all in space

• Best would be you describe your way here in detail.

• step
    • by
    • step

Can then by made as a "stickied thread" for all to see. I'm sure there will be many others with win 8.1 with the same or similar problems. :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• :sehrgut:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• It wasn't without problems on my Windows 8.1:

I downloaded crossfire20setup.exe to my download folder and extracted contents to crossfire20setup folder.
    Then I changed compatibility mode to "Windows 7" and "Run As Administrator" on Crossfire20setup.exe and flmminstaller.exe
    Then execute CrossFire20setup.exe (my installation did have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable ... installed and .Net 4.5 comes with Windows 8.1)

Crossfire20setup.exe did not execute in Windows 8.1 mode - nothing happend.

Only fix I had to do was to install the crossfire_2.ttf font from
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Freelancer 2 - Crossfire\DATA\FONTS\Files" folder. Right click crossfire_2.ttf and choose install

That's it, folks

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

Edited once, last by SilverFox ().

• I have widows 8.1 and I downloaded it it worked for me but the hid looks like it's for a smaller screen do I just change the resolution cause I have a wide screen

Lost But Never Forgotten The Angels have got you in a better Place now Dad !
    - R.I.P. Angmar Witch-king 1955-2012 -

• There was hint from OP about disable desktop composition I think ... you may search in his latest posts. Should be disabled by default, unles you have UAC active durin mod install

• I reinstalled on this machine, which is upgraded from Windows 8.0, and crossfire20setup.exe still crashes.
    So for upgrades 8.0->8.1 my post Crossfire 2.0 on Windows 8.1 is still valid.
    My guess is that there are so few upgrades, that I am the only one having this issue here.

On clean 8.1 installations, there's not a problem (I still had to manual install crossfire2 font :| )

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Installed it yesterday on laptop windows 8.1 according to install guide. Worked fine, except one thing:
    As correctly mentioned in the FAQ, I had to run the CF2.0 installer in Win7 compatibility mode. Otherwise it crashes.

But thumbsup for international to offer help in general!

Machine is

Samsung Series 5
    Win 8.1
    8gb RAM
    128gb SSD
    I7 ( 2 cores)
    HD4000

• Your windows 8.1 Upgraded from win 8 ? if yes you need fresh copy (windows 8.1)
    Reason : Not Discovered yet maybe some thing with windows files while it is upgrading Moves or Delete IDK why really CF not working at Upgraded Machines

Note : This game Tested on Laptop Win 8.1 x64bit no problems found installing the Game

1-Try Install fresh copy of Win 8.1
    2-Install Freelancer Original
    3-restart the Laptop
    4-Install FLMM open it as Admin
    5-restart your laptop
    6-Unzip CF 2.0
    7-Open Properties of the File exe that unzipped CF2.0 setup make it compatibility with windows 7 if not working make it with windows SP3
    8-install it and NOTE : Don't change folder path let every thing Default then Automatic opens the FLMM
    9-click on Activate then wait
    10-the game will update then welcome to CF
    PM me by private message if that worked

Note : Install :
    1- C++2005-2008-2010-2012-2013 All with x64 and x32 bit
    2-MSXML Parser 4 and 6 SP2 and SP1
    3-Xna Framework 3.0 and 4.0

• Ok I found my solution simply it was to create another programs folder named "Program Files (x86)" and put the rest in Manually - the Microsoft games and freelancer directory in the installer - so all in all it was a simple fix although a new problem was brought up and that is mouse control if I could some how control the mouse instead of the touch screen or make the device think the touch is from a mouse id be golden currently I'm searching the internets

Now i take pills should i be worried? :brainsnake:
    Now I walk through to the other side
    Former life a memory
    Everything inside is amplified
    :bscared: