Crossfire 2.0

There are 302 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Peter Pampher.

• Sweet Fx .. if you hardware is good enough.

• .. Take better 1 week (as pure minimum )

Oh, I was referring to the process of installation only .

To my greatest joy ... it works already ! :nummer1:
    even with old gamesaves.

However, smaller questions left :

• would you recommend adjusting the flconfigdatabase.txt to your recent graphic card ?
    • other stuff ... will be put on proper place (bugtracker ;) )

And as I foretold : just running it leaves one :bomg:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I have added my GK to flconfigdatabase.txt ... get used to do this automatically :)

• I have added my GK to flconfigdatabase.txt ... get used to do this automatically :)

how do you do that? (where exactly in the file, and where do I find the code for my graphic card...)

edit: nvrm, found it under sticky in technical :)

• It is installed!!! The joy is overwhelming!! I cannot take it!!! lol 8o

The new launcher is smooth as butter! The only bugs I found so far when using my old saves is the thruster and impulse speed indicators are gone.

*EDIT*: The indicators and fonts are working like a charm now, thank you Moorhuhn for showing me this: Crossfire2 font didn't install

Gonna test the sweet FX and see if my computer explodes!

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK YOU HAVE DONE! I cannot wait to play MP!!! :D

• ...when using my old saves is the thruster and impulse speed indicators are gone.

What resolution do you use ?

I have the same prob with WQHD (2560×1440, "natural" to my display).

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Has anyone managed to get CF 2.0 to run on windows 8.1. I followed the instructions to the letter and have had no success at all. I have done this twice now including cleaning the registry but cannot get Crossfire20setup.exe to run for more than a few seconds. The installer starts but after a few seconds the installation screen disappears. I have all the folders in my anti virus exclusion list.

• Success :walklike: So with Windows 8.1 follow the instructions but run Crossfire20setup.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 7. I have not been able to try the server yet as it is currently locked,
    but I am very relieved to have made it thus far and a very happy bunny.

• Thx! .. info about Win8 was added to FAQ (How to install/activate CF 2.0)

• That's funny 'cause my installer crashed on me under Win7-64 and worked in compatibility for WinXP-SP3... :-D

Another issue some ppl may come across is Crossfire2-fonts not installing correctly, resulting in not only ugly ingame-fonts, but *in a missing speed-indicator*,too...

Problem can be solved by manually adding the font to Windows as described here:

Crossfire2 font didn't install

• Has anyone managed to get CF 2.0 to run on windows 8.1. I followed the instructions to the letter and have had no success at all. I have done this twice now including cleaning the registry but cannot get Crossfire20setup.exe to run for more than a few seconds. The installer starts but after a few seconds the installation screen disappears. I have all the folders in my anti virus exclusion list.

using Win 8.1 x64 here. Everything worked perfectly right from the start. No compatibility needed. I've installed everything (FL, FLMM, FLAM and CF2.0 using "run as an administrator").

Thx for the font trick info, it was bugging me as well!

On the other hand, I'm having a problem with the intro videos -> they are not showing, all 3 of them, I just get a black screen. Luckily, during the menu, graphics returns and I can select whatever I want. But, I'd really like to look at the intro videos ;(

• THX MoorHuhn, one prpb solved :). Fonts now just beautifull.
    But it didn`t solved my speed 'n thruster-drain indicator prob. :/

Tried to change the resolution : in "option menu" => no other option than my
    natural display resolution 2560 x 1440
    then tried to change it "manually" in PerfOptions.ini to 1920 x 1080
    DIDN'T WORK 8|
    The game or launcher, dunno, set it back to natural resolution by itself.

Other Thing : graphic option "Sweet FX" FANTASTIK (perhaps a bit dark)
    but
    only after I've set it manually in PerfOptions :
    there`s a line : "advanced_graphics = value"
    after installation it was : advanced_graphics = 0.00
    I had to set it to : advanced_graphics = 1.00

Only then the full beauty became apparent :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Edited once, last by NucNuc ().

• Inferno: These starting videos are not about graphics, they will be very likely related to video codecs installed on your PC .. I myself do not have any codecs installed (very fresh new win) and intro videos shows normally.

• Inferno: These starting videos are not about graphics, they will be very likely related to video codecs installed on your PC .. I myself do not have any codecs installed (very fresh new win) and intro videos shows normally.

hm, should K-Lite mega codec pack solve the codecs dependency issue? or maybe do I need a specific codec installed to play the intro videos?
    as for the GPU support... well, I did add it to the list in that file, but i've also forced the game always to start it using nvidia via the nvidia control panel

• As you already have found out i have included the font file as a backup solution in the mod. I expected such problems to happens because we had similar issues in CF1.9
    Actuallly this problem happens only if you have UAC active in your windows and dont run the installer as adminstrator.

On the other hand, I'm having a problem with the intro videos -> they are not showing, all 3 of them, I just get a black screen. Luckily, during the menu, graphics returns and I can select whatever I want. But, I'd really like to look at the intro videos ;(

This is due an incompatibility of the used shader option in combination with the windows visual designs (aero... or whatever its called meanwhile).
    Solution 1: you can run the game in windows mode
    Solution 2: you can use vanilla shader options
    Solution 3: you can right click the Freelancer.exe -> then click on properties -> compatibility -> disable visual themes + disable desktop composition

This should solve this issue.
    Again this is only caused when UAC is active and the installer could not run as administrator.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!