ASF/CSF who is who and what to do

There are 15 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Soul Eater.

• There are quite some people in-game in space sporting ASF or CSF licenses.
    There is even a newly founded clan with emphasis on - in that case - CSF relation [AS] Ancient Souls

To restart or at least prepare a proper restart of this kind of role-play I would like to ask :

• are there any commanding officers/leaders of ASF as well as CSF at all
    • if so, who are they and why they are not active as such (an example on how : Asf/csf Battle Time )
    • if not, how can they be determined/appointed/designated

Without having some kind of structure in the according "groups" the ASF/CSF roleplay can't properly work since it needs
    some kind of preparation, obvious if you read the according roleplay rules here : http://www.crossfire.swat-portal.com/?page_id=41520
    Battlezones have to be dertimined, "strategies" by the groups implemented, tasks to members and/or teams assigned.

This needs communication in the groups as well as between the groups.
    and
    This needs structures in the groups as well as between the groups.

There haven't been any "news" on CSF/ASF battle roleplay - as announced in game - at all for ... a damn long time.
    There haven't been any ASF/CSF roleplay related announcements as the one mentioned above for over 20 month.

Any comments like : "...waiting for CF 2.0 ...", "...in CF 2.0 everything will change ..." I personally would render as

:dos:C H E A P :dos: E X C U S E S :dos:

If the actual group leaders - for whatever reasons - are not up to this, then it might be necessary to look for new
    ones and I would please them to make them available.
    And ofc would be pleased, if they would provide their knowledge and experience they definitly have to their follow-ups.

I would like to see these epic battle - as they were according to what has been told - return on the server.
    In CF 1.9 they can be great already, in CF 2.0 they will be just OOOooHhh ! But not, if we don't prepare
    and get used to it once more.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• It looks its me who is the highest ASF officer (still playing) = so it is partly my fault why is this RP not used anymore :( . ...

In-game reasons for this are relative simple:

• ASF vs CSF is "understand" as Law vs Unlaws fighting and this is first and the biggest mistake. Both these sides are lawful or unlawful depends on which side you are. In other words it could be, that 2 police clans will fight against this second one when one will represent ASF and other one CSF. This is ideal state how this should be ... but reality is, that players get used (me included) to support my mates playing police officers and for pirates it works oposite way ...but this in the end not need to be real problem, read further ...
    • second issue is, that players do not know rules how this server RP should be played. This is not simple "all dock on one base and kill other side as much as have free time available". This RP is about strikes lead from adjacent system (owned by "my" faction) to for me "hostile" system. Its about tactis, search in system and try launch surprising attack and leave ... all this is automatically counted and evaluated for system ownership. But if this system should work, then RULES NEED TO BE OBEYED and this for both sides.
    • third issue is, that both leaders or leading for ASF and CSF side MUST communicate (out of rp) and together prepare/organise this at least for start. ... who will be WINNER here is really unimportant, if this kind or RP is used, it bring enough fun for both sides. If there will be problem, then both sides (leading) need to assure that this will not repeat. Simple example: someone disturbed this RP and bring one side into troubles. Common was that side in troubles complained and other side "was happy and satisfied" bcs they won and "go to hell" with circumenstances :| . Correct approach is very simple: BOTH sides need to say this disturbing guy: get out asap, check rules for this RP, then join side you like and there obey rules given by this "your" side leading.
    • active clans, players, language barier ... this is problem atm, because amount of on-line players these days is enough for classic RP, but for ASF/CSF is not. Hovewer this can be solved with planning, which ofc need fulfilled all points mentioned above!

Advantages:

• most obvious advanatge is, that also classic RP which do not fight usually (and like to do so), can actively participate, attack or be attacked (surprisingly) and work for bigger "unit" as is clan.
    • action here have order (should have), its very different as normal rp "unlimited" killing
    • different ships usage, tactics, strategy ... all this can be used here. It were great times and fun when we fight with LPs, no bad feeling, just fun.
  • my continuing statement is: The more rules there are the less it will be played. ASF/CSF can work if it happens automatically while playing. It will not happen that players group together and have meeting about how to play and so on and so forth. Its also not about good vs bad. Its about communities against a new world order - kinda. Just my 2 cents.

signature.png

• There is only very few rules needed to obey ... actually 2 important :D :

• Do not dock on base in system owned by opposite faction AND start fights from there. (both apply at once)
    • If there are some recomendations/orders from leading, then is good to obey them.

With these 2 applied it could work.

• About the "automatically happen" Huor, .... there are things to be known to the players
    beforehand according to the ASF/CSF roleplay rules, as they are atm :
    [contentbox]"...in the contested systems."
    - how to know for the player
    "... in a system declared by the opposite faction to be the chosen system to be defended..."
    - declaration necessary AND to be made known
    "...may abort the defense once they are outscored 5 kills by the attackers..."
    - who counts and give notice to the players
    [/contentbox]
    There ARE quite some rules to be obeyed - as it is in the roleplay rules written atm.
    Any ideas how to shorten or to "automate" them ?

@ Martind
    Aahh, at least an officer of ONE side becoming visual :)
    It's a start. :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Automated would mean the counting happens regardless in which system. Exceptions can be considered when counting the final numbers.
    Automated means the event takes place 24/7/365 with no need to collect prior or find a date
    Automated means rules are at a minimum - shoot each other either by normal rp or in sake for asf/csf

When counting happens automatically and players dont need to obey another set of rules or instructions from an supervisor then it happens everytime.
    Eventually lucrative to play it could be an additional reward for the players belonging to a group who have won over one or another system. Right now there is no benefit in playing it. Players loose money and not all have fun to die :D

signature.png

• ...event takes place 24/7/365...
    ...then it happens everytime. ...

Fine with me :) , but would require a change in the server rules. :hmmz:
    Would also require a regular (weekly ? monthly ?) announcement of the results
    regarding won/lost systems in keeping this "permanent event" running.

Players loose money and not all have fun to die

Sounds pretty much as the role/game play we all love and we are in game for. :D

additional reward for the players belonging to a group who have won over one or another system

How does "Conqueror" sounds ? :koenig:

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• "...in the contested systems."
    - how to know for the player

Would also require a regular (weekly ? monthly ?) announcement of the results
    regarding won/lost systems in keeping this "permanent event" running.

Hello NucNuc,
    you can always find the latest updates on ASF/CSF affairs on this page: SWAT Crossfire » Ingame News

A big problem today is that most players, especially newcomers, don't see why they should be interested in ASF/CSF actions. PvP lovers can always have fun in Arena/X-3043 (many times I offered them to move to a system where their kills would convert into ASF/CSF score, but it was of no use), and the rest find it unrewarding and choose other activities instead. Some can also feel hesitant about about starting an ASF/CSF battle alone and taking all responsibility for its results if no one comes to help. In either case, having some sort or organization/commandship would help a lot if it provided both a purpose (reward, rank promotion, etc) and an opportunity to fight the opposing side "as a part of something bigger" :) Thanks for starting this thread, hope it will give the community a push to raising ASF/CSF role play from ashes!

- Wanderer -

• Hello NucNuc,
    you can always find the latest updates on ASF/CSF affairs on this page: SWAT Crossfire » Ingame News

THX Wanderer, missed this completly up to date :blush:

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• I think the ASF / CSF problem is too complex to be played by a small number of players or clans. History and rules that underlie the confrontation ASF-CSF, introduces many factors. As a freelancers, not too many are interested in this or too few.To be successful, the license ASF / CSF should be the first rule or license and only then the second license to be adopted. Especially the clans.If there are no rules to support this kind of event, then it will not exist.If, perhaps for the first steps, if will be somewhat simplified then will probably turn into a playable event.

• If ASF licensed (or CSF) will be not able dock on base owned by opposite faction (aka system belongs to opposite side), then it may simplify (alot) imo this kind of server RP. ... its related only to contested systems in the Sirius sector and should be avoided clan systems (these new ones ofc).

Edit by
    and .. you not need much ppl for this kind of action. 2 vs 2 is good enough when one side attack and other defend theirs territory. With clan renamig possibility there is no problem to use 1-2 chars (or more if wanted) for active participatioin in this action and add ASF or CSF into player nick name.

...the license ASF / CSF should be the first rule or license and only then the second license to be adopted.

Do you think of this as obligatory ?
    So : free role-play license ( Police, Pirate, Merc, Smuggler) available only when ASF or CSF license mounted ?

Especially the clans.If there are no rules to support this kind of event,...

Would require changes in (?almost every?) clan-rules, to make participation in ASF/CSF obligatory for clan-members.
    ATM the participation in ASF/CSF is NOT obligatory for clan, only kind of strongly recommended.
    Server Rules :

Every server clan can join the ASF vs. CSF roleplay by applying for membership via Forum.

All server clans are eligible for the ASF/CSF, and are expected to participate as much as possible

Edit by
    What Martind proposes as well as the license proposal of Soul would require changes on the mod/hook :/ 

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Was suggested that this RP type should be automatic with limiting rules needed to obey. Whole classic RP is/was simplified for 2.0 so ASF vs CSF maybe can use similar way (its only a suggestion and this not need to be asap, atm maybe only for think if is possible or not)

• Nucnuc, is what I meant - obligatory. From the beginning, every new player should adopt one of the two licenses and after this could perform the classic RP. No need for mod/hook changes. Just a rule.Because everyone can quickly get used to these terms.And others will know, in turn, how to proceed according to this.ASF vs CSF RP is above usual RP and requires a different approach to the game.Anytime you can change the license, but if it's mandatory, then the perception of these two types of license will be different.

• Not bad idea, not at all, even though it would introduce a "rule", when a moyor purpose of CF 2.0 is to reduce the amount of rules to obey. But with so many of the other rules now automated ....

...but if it's mandatory, then the perception of these two types of license will be different.

I think you got a good point here.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !