TDM-series

There are 64 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by APE.

• hi there :)

as i already told to some players in game, i have a plan for a new event series: TDM in most ship-classes:

• Light Fighters
    • Heavy Fighters
    • Very Heavy Fighters
    • Bombers
    • Freighters
    • Trains
    • Gunboats
    • Cruisers
    • Battleships/Dreadnoughts

the events will be staged weekly and each event for its own has prizes like 20 mill for winners and 10 mill for other participants.

but here now comes the main-prize: a fully equipped Dreadnought (i mean fully equipped except cloaking device).

i will prepare this Dreadnought on extra ID and winner gets this ID via PM (before i delete it from my computer). since i (as administrative clan-leader of Dark Phoenix) can rename the char in Crossfire 2.0, the winner can even choose the name for his new ship 8o

but how to become winner?
    the frags of all participating players will be stored in my TDM-event-excel-file. and winner will be the one with the most kills in the end of this series. this means, if u miss 1 TDM, ur chances to win will decline.

when this event-series will begin?
    since i need the ability to rename the prize-ship, we can start after Crossfire 2.0 release. and bang! now u have one more reason to be impatient
    :roflmao:

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

Edited 2 times, last by denne: added Bombers and Gunboats, deleted Dreadnought ().

• now u have one more reason to be impatient

U 're such a CUNNING Son Of a Bitch M 8 :bcool:

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Light Fighters
    • Heavy Fighters
    • Very Heavy Fighters
    • Freighters
    • Trains
    • Cruisers
    • Dreadnoughts

For "proper" preparation ;) I wanna ask :

• every ship available in CF in each of these classe allowed ? ... or any restrictions (like "only" Train not Soulforge Train [YOHOO! lets have some Mammut group sex here !])
    • on every ship every kind of equipment available in CF allowed ? (think about Starflier or alike with lv 10 armor, shield upgrade, power generator :D just to name something)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Hi Denne... are you saying that ... for example... this week, LF TDM, next week HF TDM and the following week VHF TDM... and so on till the DN TDM...

If yes, then we need to buy all type of ships and perhaps only the senior player (rich player) be able to join i guess...
    Hmmm... i cant buy all type of ship btw (poor player)... will a participant got a donation or something?

• @ The Original

I'm quite sure, that if all of your chars ;) "pool" their riches, you might be able to participate ("...poor player ..." :roflmao: )

But you're right in that the "main price" might only be in range for senior players with enough resources and ... the knowledge of "what" and "where", but for the last there is help on this forum available :D.

However, since the equipment requirements for GOOD STUFF for most of the classes are well in range for every brandnew red-shirt rookie, every single event of this series - every event with its own "usual" nicce prices as well - can attrack a BUNCH of players ... if only for the reason of having an awfull lot of FUN in an event that asks for skill and NOT for the ultimate, only to "senior players" accessable gear.
    And who knows, ... participating might give you the means to "level" yourself up far enough to take part on all events. :)

PS.: If you look for an "affordable" DN, look around Manchester;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• LOLOL... pool of chars ehhh... hehehe... i got 10 ships only btw... just fyi anyway...

What i meant by "i cant afford" is referring towards the newly joint players... not necessary me btw... sorry m8, my english is not that good actually... hehehehe...

PS: i cant remember how many DN i have atm... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

• Every player playing regularly 2 weeks can easily buy any ship for this pvp event if he will want. If he do not know, he may ask and so on ... ''if want'' is keyword here, it is first and only one issue with any cf event.

• the frags of all participating players will be stored in my TDM-event-excel-file. and winner will be the one with the most kills in the end of this series. this means, if u miss 1 TDM, ur chances to win will decline.

Thinking about ....

This would mean :
    ONE Char going to use for each single event ANOTHER SHIP , right :?:

Or would you accept also someone who use different chars, whose frags you summarize then ?
    (like : Reg.APE.Shoe, Reg.APE.Shoe², Reg.APE.Shoe³, Reg.APE.Shoe.TRAIN, Reg.APE.Shoe.DN, etc. :D )

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• i store the frags under forum-names, if players have account here. otherwise they have to tell me if the current char belongs to another one that already participated.
    and about the order of the events, it will be as mentioned above. we start with LF and end with DN. means, 6 weeks to get enough credits for a big fat DN. some of them u can get with less than 50 mill credits. and as Forlon said, it all depends on the will of the players :)

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

• hmm, frankly spoken, i expected a discussion about the ship-classes in this TDM-series :)

what about gunboats?
    and train-TDM - really? is that possible at all?
    maybe BS is better than DN, because more agil? lol
    and what about bombers?

• You won't know if it works, untill it's done.

I especially like bombers as nobody fly them, yet :)
    DN/BS fights might not make sence here imo, due to the costs - newcomers doesn't have a chance making that kind of money week to week.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• The idea is excellent, and I actually started a similar event under Sirius Betting Exchange management :nummer1: (activity that I plan to continue it in CF2.0),
    but each participant would be good to have a specific name for each type the TDM(or this must be a condition). For example TDM [name] VHF,... or something like this.Anyway , if there are players who want to participate in DP Denne`s event and dont have the necessary cash amount , I will donate 50 million each, to purchase the best ships and the best equipment for each type of event.
    I ask DP Denne to make public this offer whenever he has the opportunity for those in the game who do not access the forum.

• You won't know if it works, untill it's done.

I think that's what this series is all about ? - beside having fun. ;) To see what, if and how it works - or not.
    Therefor I would welcome the addition of a "Gunboat" event in it. :)

maybe BS is better than DN, because more agil? lol

Same old questions as on every choice : hull strenght against agility. I would say : let everybody make HIS pick ! :D

I will donate 50 million each

:thankyou: Respect for such generosity, ol' pirate.

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Therefor I would welcome the addition of a "Gunboat" event in it. :)

ok, will edit post above :)

Same old questions as on every choice : hull strenght against agility. I would say : let everybody make HIS pick ! :D

in case DN vs BS: DN always has a big advantage: 4 torpedo-launcher vs. 2, and whoever made PvP with DN or BS knows: the torpedoes are very important ;)
    uhm, did i tell, that i'm the owner of PirateSoul's Diamond Belt? 8).

:thankyou: Respect for such generosity, ol' pirate.

agree :)

• DN vs BS

THAT#s the one I'm rteally fond of :D

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !