A ship to fly in early (original) SP campaign?

There are 20 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by NucNuc.

• I completed vanilla FL a couple of times a while ago, and now I feel like looking at the new-and-improved SP content of Crossfire.

I'm still in NY, just completed mission 3 (it was quite a challenge to save that cruiser near Station Willard). If I remember correctly, the next mission will take me out of Liberty, and I'll have a tough fight with Bounty Hunters. I have 700k credits (which is appropriate for level 6) but I'm still flying a Defender which costs only like 22k. Is this the way it's supposed to be at this point of campaign? I mean, judging from level requirements I should already fly a far better ship, but I couldn't find any in Liberty space (well, except for a way too expensive Werevolf on Pittsburg and some weird freighter).

In fact, I got to Custodian (I remember it from my previous attempts in Crossfire) and found some VHFs (for 500k/700k), but now I feel they are too powerful for this time (9-10 level guns, 10k hitpoints and all - shouldn't they cost more?), and getting them from Custodian looks like a cheat (especially since here Access to Custodian system they say Custodian is not supposed to be available). And I don't like cheating. :)

So, am I going to have a hard time surviving in later missions if I resist temptation of Custodian's VHFs :) ? Or I'll be able to buy something decent soon after leaving Liberty?

• P. S. It doesn't seem likely at all, but ... can we SP-lovers somehow get access to 2.0? It's supposed to be long ready (I mean the SP part). :)

Edited once, last by pvgoran ().

• it is good idea to take 1 of those ships in Custodian. one thing u will need in extended Crossfire-SP-campaign is money, much money to pay for the best equipment. (some of this equipment u will already find in in Vanilla-SP-part!) to get enough money u should hunt NPC-s between the SP-missions and sell their pods in prisons. of course u can take other (Vanilla-)ships. but more firepower means simply faster money ;)

and in extended Crossfire-campaign u will find enemies, they are much stronger than any of the Sirius-npc-s. and u will wish to have a faster ship with more armor and better equipment than whatever u will have =O

:D

and about the CF 2.0 SP-campaign: this idea was already discussed and dropped. u will have to wait like we all do ;)

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• last things first :
    NO CF 2.0 SP-campaign will not be released alone

• the mod comes as one package for all, otherwise this would mean creating a "special package "only for SP", more work to do :P
    • for upcomming changes, necessary due to eventually still lasting bugs which couldn't be found (we're all humans, you know ;) ) the launcher is essential, which is the main task of work left prior to release. Btw it's also needed for proper installation.

Sry, that I as a "well known dedicated SP advocate" (that has been drawn deep into MP by all these fine guys here - and who now LOVES MP with the CrossFire community :D ) has to tell you this.

About ships :

and getting them from Custodian looks like a cheat (especially since here Access to Custodian system they say Custodian is not supposed to be available). And I don't like cheating.

VERY HONORABLE :thumbup: Keep that stance .

• JUST 700k CREDITS ? Man, you've been lazy on pod-hunting/farming ! :D You coud be easily around 4 - 6 mills by now. Don't let the notes on "Juni's waiting for you" harass you. She will wait for her Hero as long as he lets her wait ^^
    • That would put you in a position to buy a VERY nice fighter to be found somewhere in Texas, that is ABSOLUTLY sufficient enough to even finish the whole vanilla storyline (including an easy Hovis Race). BTW, in Texas are some wrecks to be found with NICE loot to eqipp this fighter.
    • Look for jumpholes in Colorado , there is at least one open that leads to a place to find other "high-class" fighters ;)
    • But don't forget : for the CF continuation of the storyline you WILL DEFINITLY NEED a VHF-class fighter and then, the Custodian jumpgate IS closed :P
    • Scattered over whole Sirius are quite some good, new fighters in all classes, only need to be found, so ... explore, FreeLancer :D . If you make it to New London after mission 4, at some of the Bases are such fighters, not highest class, but - still NICCE.

...judging from level requirements I should already fly a far better ship,...

Depends wholly on your "skills" and wishes how fast you wanne became NPC-masskiller :D

On a regular base I finish mission 4 with a Startracker, Bloodhound or Dagger , even though the last takes some time to "work" my reputation to buy it. Once I even finished the whole vanilla storyline with it.

But that's totally up to you now - I hope :D

HAVE FUN

Edit by
    Denne was faster :P

Edit by

and in extended Crossfire-campaign u will find enemies, they are much
    stronger than any of the Sirius-npc-s. and u will wish to have a faster
    ship with more armor and better equipment than whatever u will have

Edit by

ABSOLUTLY TRUE

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• There are CF added ships in original systems, purposedly usable in the original campaign. Up to you to explore and find sexy lower level ships that you can actually buy and improve your experience, in the same systems your campaign gets you through.

@NUCNUC: "She will wait for her Hero as long as he lets her wait ^^ "

That's an ass move mate. It's not how you treat women xD

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Thanks for extended replies. :)

Of course, I understand that I will need a much more powerful ship for a Crossfire campaign. But I'm not looking that far in the future yet :) . Anyway, I'll be bound to have much more credits by then, just because of level requirements, and will be able to buy all these cool ships people talk about on forums. :)

last things first :
    NO CF 2.0 SP-campaign will not be released alone

Well, too bad :) . But tolerable.

JUST 700k CREDITS ? Man, you've been lazy on pod-hunting/farming ! :D You coud be easily around 4 - 6 mills by now. Don't let the notes on "Juni's waiting for you" harass you. She will wait for her Hero as long as he lets her wait ^^

Well, call me lazy - that may even be true. :)
    Or maybe I just prefer to keep a natural flow of campaign (even if it's modded).
    Or I just like to fiddle around instead of farming for pods like crazy. :)

That would put you in a position to buy a VERY nice fighter to be found somewhere in Texas, that is ABSOLUTLY sufficient enough to even finish the whole vanilla storyline (including an easy Hovis Race). BTW, in Texas are some wrecks to be found with NICE loot to eqipp this fighter.

Let me guess... It's on one of pirate/unofficial bases? Because I think I already checked every planet and every officially listed base there.

• Look for jumpholes in Colorado , there is at least one open that leads to a place to find other "high-class" fighters ;)
    • But don't forget : for the CF continuation of the storyline you WILL DEFINITLY NEED a VHF-class fighter and then, the Custodian jumpgate IS closed :P

Interesting. Especially the part about Custodian being closed. :)

Scattered over whole Sirius are quite some good, new fighters in all classes, only need to be found, so ... explore, FreeLancer :D . If you make it to New London after mission 4, at some of the Bases are such fighters, not highest class, but - still NICCE.

Well, that's pretty much what I wanted to know. Though I hope I'll see something better than Defender on that base in the middle of mission 4 (Lane Hackers', as far as I remember).

On a regular base I finish mission 4 with a Startracker, Bloodhound or Dagger , even though the last takes some time to "work" my reputation to buy it. Once I even finished the whole vanilla storyline with it.

The thought of flying a low-level LIght Fighter scares me. Though it should be harder to hit than Defender. :)

There are CF added ships in original systems, purposedly usable in the original campaign. Up to you to explore and find sexy lower level ships that you can actually buy and improve your experience, in the same systems your campaign gets you through.

I'll go with this route, then.
    Though I took a liking to how a Titan from Custodian looks. :)

• Well, that's pretty much what I wanted to know. Though I hope I'll see something better than Defender on that base in the middle of mission 4 (Lane Hackers', as far as I remember).

:D

Let me guess... It's on one of pirate/unofficial bases? Because I think I already checked every planet and every officially listed base there.

^^ erhmm, than check the ship dealers of "official" station(ed)s there again ;)

Though I took a liking to how a Titan from Custodian looks.

8o Be assured, you will find even cooler looking ships of all kind ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• erhmm, than check the ship dealers of "official" station(ed)s there again

Right, a Shade... 4kk, too expensive. :)
    Looks like it was borrowed from Star Wolves.

BTW, I like how you have an encounter in Star Wolves where you are offered to buy an unknown ship from an unknown party on some desolate station. :)

• Look for jumpholes in Colorado , there is at least one open that leads to a place to find other "high-class" fighters

Right, Sea of Shadows with Dark Angel and two 8kk ships. I don't like the Dark Angel, though: it looks too flat, and again, it's way too powerful (4x10 class guns!) for my position.

You can find a financial solution in Hudson (sell in Texas)

Hudson is closed for me, both the gate and the hole...

Besides, it's not that I can't get enough cash. I just don't want to exceed my level requirements. :)

• @NUCNUC: "She will wait for her Hero as long as he lets her wait "

That's an ass move mate. It's not how you treat women xD

You still have an excuse, as if she gets some patience, she gets her hero on Black Eagle/B*tching Fury/whatever ship you want loaded with good dakka instead of same guy on Defender or whatever with Class 3-4 guns.
    Though given that she has a Mark of Tzeentch or something other that gives her ship ability to take flakload of hits yet survive, doubt that she would benefit from it.
    Also, no mention of Werewolf on Pittsburgh? 8kk, but top-end equipment mounts and nice cargo hold...
    Also, too powerful? There CAN'T be such a thing as enough dakka.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Besides, it's not that I can't get enough cash. I just don't want to exceed my level requirements.

Well, then you will have to wait until AFTER mission 4, where you will be able to find some ships in "your price range" - already in New London ;)

To my knowledge, level requirements are the same, no matter how much money you have.

^^ Ahh, SilverFox, you don't understand how "true" SP-campaignplayers minds work :P
    With "staying in level requirements", means he dosn't want doing the "exploring part" with a mission already pending.
    If you got your call - during campaign - you follow.
    Otherwise it would be like reading the same side of a book again and again before proceeding to the next chapter.
    It would feel a bit like .... cheating, even if you could call it "testing the limits of possibilities". ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Edited once, last by NucNuc ().

• Though given that she has a Mark of Tzeentch or something other that gives her ship ability to take flakload of hits yet survive, doubt that she would benefit from it.

Why, she will benefit. Because someone still should kill all those annoying enemy ships. :)

Also, too powerful? There CAN'T be such a thing as enough dakka.

Well... There is such thing as not enough challenge. :)

To my knowledge, level requirements are the same, no matter how much money you have.

Level requirements as in the amount of money required to reach the next level.

Well, then you will have to wait until AFTER mission 4, where you will be able to find some ships in "your price range" - already in New London

Looking forward to it. :)

Well... There is such thing as not enough challenge.

Welcome to

In all honesty, you're still fighting while being outnumbered, though if you wish to have a challenge, it's up to you:)

Except that maybe you steer away a few jumps to drop your pods to the prison ship.

And to some bases that have good equipment, or to a wreck that has some sweet loot, or for some missions... btw,

BTW I wonder how she's able to reach me when I was on a "crusade" in Omicron Alpha... Though do note that if you'll make her waiting for too long, she'll throw a fit and make all hostile forces neutral to you, attempting to attack them resulting in game over and you'll be unable to take a mission.

• Welcome to Inner Core.

No-no-no, that would be just a bit later. :)

And to some bases that have good equipment, or to a wreck that has some sweet loot, or for some missions...

Point taken. :)

BTW I wonder how she's able to reach me when I was on a "crusade" in Omicron Alpha.

Subspace communications may look like a miracle, but that's how they work...

Though do note that if you'll make her waiting for too long, she'll throw a fit and make all hostile forces neutral to you, attempting to attack them resulting in game over and you'll be unable to take a mission.

That sounds unrealistic...

That sounds unrealistic...

But that's what happens if you'll keep her waiting, so it's kinda the reminder that it's time to give the attention to the storyline :)

• :pupillen: Somehow I always got "rich enough" before that happende to me. ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• So, I went on mission 4 in a Defender. At the end of the day, it was more worry than actual trouble: I suppose I could complete it in one or two tries (but I didn't because I did stupid things like trying to attack the evil Liberty Navy that destroyed Van Pelt's research station).

After arriving to Bretonia I quickly found a Trident for several hundres thousand credits, it allowed me to travel everywhere within the House space (except for Liberty, of course) and in Border Worlds, to find a Falcon, a Trailblazer, and eventually a Pink Eagle, along with a set of level 10 guns.

A level 8/10 ship like this felt natural among the dangers of Border Worlds, but now in campaign missions I'm like "what, Rheinlanders? 3 gunships and some fighters? All right, let's deal with them. Juni, what do you mean give more power to engines? There is noone to run from anymore!" So now I do have the "not enough challenge" problem :) . But I suppose later missions will prove more difficult.