freelancer.ini

There are 3 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Overwatcher.

• Hello all,

Trying to get Crossfire to work, I got to the FLMM and get to setup options and get the following errors (copied from log):

Error: FLMM has determined that 'Crossfire Mod 1.9 Client Edition' won't properly activate.
    Error: file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\EXE\freelancer.ini' doesn't

I'm using windows 7 and so far I could not find any posts with any real help. I've done everything I can think of, tried renaming the freelancer to include the .ini in filename and made sure everything was off read only (did whole folder). Everyone up to this point was fine, until those above errors.

Thanks for any help,
    -Overwatcher

• Hello Overwatcher,

your problem is very likely your system anti-virus software (which removed this file, and very likely also some other). Ini which you mention is included in Crossfire 1.9 installer and should be under normal circumstances extracted into FLMM prior mod activation. Try put your Crossfire19.exe file as also Freelancer and FLMM folder into your AV exception list. There may be except this only one issue and it is "write protection". See FAQ (this OPTIONAL step). Is also good idea run FLMM as system administrator.

• And if Martinds links might not help you, here are some more :

About AV-programs, esp. Norton, THIS LINK might help (post #7),
    and if you don't sport Norton, it might give you a clou how to "work" on the AV-program you run. ;)

About the installation-process, esp. with Win 7 THIS OTHER LINK might help you (post #3).
    It's what I have done after CF wouldn't run with Win 7 newly installed and what has worked for me everytime since. ^^

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Turned out to be "unblocking" from proprieties menu. Just got everything up and running. Thanks again you two for your help.

See you in game,
    -Overwatcher