Tour de Universe

There are 65 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by RonaldoDaVinci.

• Crossfire 2.0 will introduce a new online feature.
    The Tour de Universe.

Do you think to be a good pilot?
    Do you think to be a navigational expert?
    Then join the Tour de Universe to prove your skills!

*Bla bla... motivational funfair announcement... bla bla*

The Tour de Universe is a daily event on Crossfire 2.0. It will start at always changing times so players of all time zones have equal changes to attend this event.
    The tour will be announced automatically prior its start and also will be done automatically (no event manager required).
    Rules: none
    All players are free to join or ignore it.

When you join the event a list of systems will be announced which combined form the race track.
    Task of the event is to visit as many of these systems as possible before the time runs out. You are not bound to stricly follow this race track... you can take secret routes... fly the track backwards or start in the middle of it.
    The routes vary from day to day... and so does the length of these routes.
    The more systems you visit the higher will be your reward.
    If you manage to visit all the systems in time you will get a bonus reward (usually a neat gun).

As already mentioned... there are no rules, no referees, no even managers and no chances to complain.
    May the best pilot win.

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• COOL idea

I assume one "joins" the event by using/typing a special comand ?
    ... and the "systems list" will be shown to him at the starting time ?

And what happens to RP for the participants ?
    Will RP be suspended for them
    or
    do they have to contemplate the possibility of being
    -chased for eventual bounty
    -fined for a broken backlight
    -taxed for ... well, just taxed by pitates
    while they are going for the systems in the list ?

(Sry for being such a nit-picker ^^ )

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• no rules

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• :bcool:

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Run and get paid for this ... awesome :D (I really like this event idea)

• @Huor is needed some actual feedback?

Findings:

• Race is daily with start shift by -1 hour/day (not fully confirmed time shift)
    • Race duration 1 hour
    • When you type /jointour it will reply "successfully registered" (I guess you need to be in one from race systems to get this success message)
    • /gti command is shown (as text "/gti") in your actual communication channel (others see "/gti")
    • /gti command shows passed systems (visited) and remaining time
    • actual system pass reward is 100k
    • race route changes daily atm looks do not change (still the same from Hamburg through NY, Sol to Vorkuta)
    • time 1 hour for above race looks good, I needed approx 40 min to reach Sovetskaya
    • when timer ends there is not any message or reward, once is used /gti it shows race for next day
  • There are more tours. Last week they started in one of the X-systems (WoS, Nomads Lair or Arena) and lead to Scotia , Tonga, Menton or one of the Nomad systems in Altair sector, every day with a litle alteration of first mentioned system.

You don`t have to be in one of the tour systems to "join" the tour and get registered. You ARE registered, the moment you type : "/join" and get the message that you are registered.
    On entering then one of the tour systems you will be informed of your "passed system award" of 100k.

edit:
    Forgot some suggestions for it :
    -somehow - perhaps, if possible - could the participants get "tagged", so that all other players or at least the (potential) participants know WHO is racing
    (for knowing your "opponents", .... could make it more ... fun, as there are no other rules (fights ? CDing the other ? :D )
    -perhaps a "major" award for the one who complets the run as first ?
    (making it more of a "race" and not only a paid "tourist"-tour ?)
    -and ... perhaps, an increase in the "passed-system" awards, about double to 200 k ?
    (makes the trip to far space like Tonga or Menton (and getting "stuck", where nothing else is) more worth the effort ... as well as the way back :P )

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

Edited once, last by NucNuc ().

• is anyone using this? Havent heard anything lately although its active now for several weeks.
    Keep me updated if you have any problems or wishes for improvements.

system tag prices can be increased, they have been reduced to some bugs as far as i remember.
    Did anyone yet finished the entire tour? There are some bigger rewards when you do. Need to know if rewarding works and if you finish get a special prize

signature.png

• Haven't done it the last 2-3 weeks (tbh ... due to relativly low prizes as mentioned above).

Will do so in near time :)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Registered to the tour succesfully, wasn't paid when entering one of the systems (tried X-3043 and Omi-A), as it should be, as tour starts tonight at 3:00 servertime (2015-04-21).... Unfortunately can't test if I'm paid after tour starts to be active. It's intended that rewards are paid during one hour after start? Maybe you could put that info in the description of "/gti"?

Edit: Last time I tested the tour was ~2-3 weeks ago, after it was available at the server again. At that time, one was paid when entering a system, no matter if announced time for tour or not... so it looks like an improvement! Can't wait to test that nice feature... :tanz:

Edited once, last by Moorhuhn ().

• Tried todays Tour de Universe, it was set from 1st Waypoint Hyperspace to endpoint Texas with start time 20:00 server time
    - joined at about 20:05
    - reached Scotia at about 20:12
    - system tag prizes (100.000) payed and announced
    - servercrash at about 20:15/20:16
    - Tour is gone =O => no further system tag prizes => on "/gti" : "tour has ended, Next tour 2015-04-27 16:00
    Further observations :
    I couldn't register for this next tour (on "/jointour" no reaction at all) while others, not participating todays tour could.

(btw : todays tour couldn't have be done in 1 hour in a fightercraft, maybe BS/DN with higher cruise speed. Finished it in about 1 hour 30 minutes, even with "speed docking" and no "safety" dock it would still have been anleast 1 hour 25 min. Therefor : no report on "finishing prize" possible today.)

Superint_siggy_new.png

The FUULL catastrophy !

• Tested the Tour today.... Registered sucessfully 1h prior to begin. Couldn't join Tour until the announced time (as it should be). Reward was paid after start of Tour without further problems after first jump and on all following jumps. Looks good! :aok:

Only thing i couln't test was the "special"-reward when visiting all systems...

But it was told that Reward has now raised to 1mio/system for further tests! :party:

For whom it may concern: you can see next tour with command "/gti" in chat and join the event with "/jointour" ....