Chugoku jump hole in tohoku is saying access denied

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by MickeyD13.

• I am playing the single player story and I am on mission 9: Return the proteus tome. When I get to the part to dock with the chugoku jump hole it tells me access denied. Hokkaido is locked as well and the crossfire gate isn't even there at all. I am stuck in the system. I have a vhf and had gone to tohoku before from crossfire system to explore and it was locked then as well. Any fixes for this? I really want to finish the story line but i am stuck

• Try enter formation with NPCs using this gate/jump. If this will not work, then I fear that your only option is use earlier save. It is generally not recommended go to systems linked with X prior storyline will allow you to go there.

• .. and use one of the saves made by Freelancer, not made by yourself.
    Just to be on the save side. ;)

... also some gates and jumpholes are generally closed in the story line, esp. the "vanilla" story line.
    Therefor the X-jumpgate isn`t "there" anymore during this mission.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• I did both of those. I went back to the freelancer save to the mission before I went exploring the crossfire systems. followed it exactly and I stayed in the chugoku system doing jobs until the next mission and didn't go anywhere else. When I started the mission to tohoku and was a the part to go back to chugoku the jump hole still said access denied. Not sure what is going on. I didn't go anywhere or do anything different from the vanilla freelancer.

• nielsenbr07: can you please attach last 3 MISSION saves? ... I can look on it from position which you have.

• G'day All,

I have this problem too...I have played the original part of this game from end to end more times than I can count trying different ships and exploring here, there and everywhere but this is the first time I have ever had this issue...had to re-install my PC since my last play through but I only have basic freelancer, crossfire 1.9 and widescreen enabled and that's all but can't complete mission 9...I've gone back to saves before mission 9 as well as the saves from early in mission 9 but no joy... Martind Forlon did you have any success with nielsenbr07's save games...have read a couple of posts in different places about editing files but wasn't sure so thought I'd ask the question before I did anything stupid lol ;)

Thanks in advance...

• MickeyD13: I not had any saves, therefore was not able test it. Problem is, that normally you should not be able go to X and related systems before campaign take you there. I alas also can not provide you my mission save bcs all I have are from 2.0 testing. There may be problem if you used some older saves (like from vanilla) and have there restart.fl file in savegame folder in documents. This file should be deleted, CF will automatically create new one when started SP.

still, if you can send me 3 last mission saves, I may try replay it on my PC to check if I have it working.

• @Forlon, Mickey and nieLsenbr07 - I had this problem once. While mapping Chugoku I came across the JH to Tohoku. Used it, got jumped and jumped back. No problem. Later on with stronger ship did the same thing and then for grins, used the X gate, NP until I went to go back to Chugoku and then I got the msg... access denied. So I jumped back to X and then took the long way around through Hokkaido and that worked. Another time, still exploring and map building, went back through Honshu. Again, no issues after that. Might try that if Forlon doesn't find an issue with your saved games.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• @Forlon Here are the last half a dozen saves from my current game...will try what you suggested with the restart.fl file. The saves do date back six months or so as I said to Gearhead a few days ago...got distracted by other games for a while lol...am fairly certain the are all Crossfire 1.9 saves...I don't think I have been to Tohoku before the mission there but I could be wrong...did do some exploring...

@Gearhead Yeah I tried to get to the Hokkaido J/H but the mission failed before I got that far...the issue I'm having is that it is in the middle of the plot mission for Tekagi so I have to enter and leave via the Chogoku J/H...so I basically need to some how reactivate or reset the Chogoku J/H at least long enough to complete the mission...

Thanks to you both for the suggestions though

MickeyD

Files

• Mission9.zip

(421.03 kB, downloaded 7 times, last: )
  • Sorry, was busy mostly with RL. Will try look on this today.

Edit by
    These saves are all from Tohoku and use the same system file = not possible jump. I searched a bit in my old files and luckily find old saves, attached are with this mission where you ended (jump is working, I tested it)