Devron ancient defense drone tactics

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by tfokatarn.

• Playing the SP story i ended up in Devron where i have to kill 3 Ancient defense drones.

Until now ,time after time i get killed and after every death i have to fly all the way to them again for another death.

They`re bloody evil devils worse then Dom`Kavash gunboats. :cursing:

This part is a camPAIN in the @$$ for me until now ,does anyone have hints for tactics how to kill those drones??

EDIT 1: OK , i killed 2 from 3 droids, then i died once again,maybe there is hope for me after all? :S

Edited once, last by tfokatarn: hope ().

• use missiles and torps in the first strike, try then to come behind them as fast as possible, always use thrusters, u must be quick all the time. and if possible, use the Iguana. it is hard to hit, even for those robots ;)

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Basically what Denne said: tons of torps, tons of strafing, tons of evasive maneuvers. Use Coalition Gatlings or other long ranged guns (DKAs, for example) to pick off their shield prior to firing torpedo. That way, the drone will be disarmed, otherwise, torpedo hits shield and does zero damage to the equipment (and shield regenerates). As Ancient Energy Cannons have (relatively) slow projectile, you will probably be able to evade salvos on longer range by strafing (VERY risky, though to some point I've made it even on a flakking Basilisk).
    Iguana is, indeed, good ship for NPC hunting due to small hitbox. It has only one torpedo launcher though (you can mount Nemesis/Cataclysm combo to compensate), but it's a very small drawback.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Hello tfokatarn, I only want to add that at this point in storyline you should have good equipped ship (and some combat skills too) because further progress is not easy ... its late campaign part. If you do not have some missiles and torpedo like mentioned above, then can be good idea use mission save when you are in New Berlin (returned from Altair, prior go to Utopia) and go visit Frankfurt (Sunslay torpedo) and Omicron Beta (Cannonball missiles). With this you can take drone fast and relative safe also with 4x mk2 guns.

• THANK YOU ALL for your help,with those missiles and torps i was able to do the job!

I fly a ship called : Haidar.

I took a very hard trip from the inner core to Venn and Jormdar but thats the end of the road...hostiles kill me very fast...now i know those ancient drones were just the beginning..omg.....

Maybe i need that Iguana ship or another 1 for this trip hehe.

Thx again and good luck. :smalleyes:

• Haidat like freighter ship is big target, but still you can evade dooms forces and reach Weth without fight. What can help is knowledge that only light fighters and bombers use disruptors. It you see them on hud, turn asap on opposite side as are red arrows on your monitor sides (these pointing on hostile ships) . Next to this you can use one small trick...

• Small addition about missiles:

And:

Also, take best sensor if in SP, so you'll be able to detect Doms ships from greater distance (Won't work in MP, but in MP you can take a wingman or cloak).

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 2 times, last by Ajay: - ().

• So ..brought the Dom Kavash artifact to the DK and then the campain ended saying : to be continued.. :)

I also was told to get a job...here in DK space..how do i get a job...the DK are white and offer no jobs....how do i get out of here back to coalition space...or Manhatten hehe.

I used programs like FL Companion and FL Explorer to found my way in the past but for some reason these dont work with this mod anymore ...now why would that be.. lol .

I cant wait for Crossfire 2.0.

greetings to all,have fun.

• Hello tfokatarn,
    you can use these maps to find the way back to Altair and Sirius: http://www.swat-portal.com/php…rticleID=948&languageID=1
    (scroll down to find Inner Core and Altair sector, and look for Hyperspace that is present on both)

Prepare for a loooooong journey... Wish you good luck, safe flying and not to die of boredom :)

- Wanderer -

• That was exactly what i was looking for.

More exploring searching and looting to do!

Thx Wanderer for that link and everyone who made those system infos in there. :walklike: