vanilla freelancer launches but crossfire mod wont even start . freelancer.exe doesnt even comeup in the taskmanager

There are 37 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Darkmoon.

• these are the steps i did and itried everythig but my freelancer wont launch at all.. installed fresh freelancer- installed flmm v1.3 adn installed crossfire v.1.9 client mod i followed every instruction to the note but still the launcher/freelancer doesnt start at all even after activating the mod please help im a noob and i cant figure out a way..
    my system config is amd-a10 4655m (2Ghz quadcore) + amd dual (8670m + 7620G) + windows 8 + 8 gigs of ram and 1 tb hd. the main problem is the game is simpy not starting.. doesnt even comeup in taskmanager even after following the instruction. thankyou

• Hello Surabh,

... first what I want to ask is: what size have your Freelancer folder?
    ... next is: have you deleted/moved freelancer save folder from documents?

• the whole freelancer folder size is now 5.5gb the launcher finally started but now when i click the singleplayer option it exits and nothing happens.. a download thing is happening side by side in the launcher ...

• there you go again it again started behaving the same way, when i click on single player it does not start it remains for like 2-3 mins in the taskmanager and then goes away..... its really nerve wrecking and heart breaking :( please help

• either not correctly installed or a problem with savegames

something else can not cause this

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• how do install then...
    i uninstalled it everything related to freelancer..crossfire mod and flmm 1.3 usinf revo uninstaller pro , removing any registry related to it
    then ill reinstall vanilla freeelancer v1.0 then flmm 1.3 then crossfiremod 1.9 then activate it.. is this the correct way ?

• do we have ppl here that have experience with windows 8?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• installation order was correct, but there is few important details:

- check cf mod downloaded installator properties. If is there notice about file downloaded from other PC -> UNBLOCK this file! Exactly the same with downloaded flmm! (you may send thx to Microsoft for this great protection ...)
    - install fl as administrator (reboot)
    - after install fl remove from this folder 'read only' protection. (you need click apply!)
    - install flmm 1.31 (as administrator)
    - install cf mod (should be installed to flmm/mods folder) ... also as administrator
    - start flmm (as admin) unless is started automatically
    - activate cf mod
    - remove write protection from fl folder (again)

... oh, and can be also good idea disable your antivirus/firewall (depends what you have) during all this above (some programs like silently remove or block cf files). Some AVs need to have set exclusions for both fl and flmm folders.

I hope with this you will be able normally start cf.

• Hi saurabh1993 !

Here is a link for a proper installation process for CF with windows 8. Could perhaps solve your probs.

And that is a link where you can find how I have solved my CF and launcher probs after some "UPDATES" of my windows 7 and security-suite, which caused similar probs to me, as you described ( see post '3).

Dunno, but all the "new" windows (after XP) start making probs - even with older microsoft-made software. :verrueckt:

Hope it helps

PS :
    Martind - M8 -you did it again - just a moment faster, had to look up the links :P

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

Edited once, last by NucNuc: . ().

• @forlon - i did not understand the unblock thing.. i downloaded it from moddb it was 1.8gb setup file i click run as admin and it installs in flmm mod folder
    @nucnuc - the guy in the link confused me even more :( im a noob and i cant understand the steps.. thnx btw

• i did not get the .net question when the launcher started..
    how can i check if its not a .net problem ???? my laptop is new like a month old i think it may have the latest .net

• i installed exactly as frolon said in his comment and i swear
    the launcher starts but when i click launch crossfire single player nothing happens it exits and thats it.. the application doesnt even show up in taskmanager..

• Another quick check: When the launcher opens, completes the load, click the settings button. On the left side there will be a selection box. look to see what is in the box, it should have defaulted to ENB Standard. If it isn't then open the list and select ENB Standard, close the settings and then click the SP button. Also, what settings are you selecting when you activate the mod? Since your machine is a month old you should be able to use the high res options and leave the low res options deactivated. hth.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• where is the setting option in launcher ????
    i was not able to run the game "normally" what i did accidentally was i connected to net then clicked on launcher then saw some EXE2 folder and copied to desktop then i clicked on single player so it exited as expected. but then i clicked on launcher again and without clicking singleplayer i copied the exe2 folder in the fl folder and clicked the freelancer icon in this folder and the game ran .... i couldnt see the intro movies i had selected in the mod activation option... anyone has got the idea why this is happening ???