Dead?

There are 49 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by SWAT_OP-R8R.

• Is the crossfire server dead because I just logged in and people left in a flash in no time, and if not I would like to know what time I should get on crossfire in my time frame which is (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) central time US,Mexico. Thank you.

• Yep, logging on at 21:37 on a Monday night you might be the only one around for awhile. Once school is out it will pick up some. Those that work only get on during their off time. Getting on around 16:00 your time you should find some folks around. If you check the Events forum you will see the times that folks will be around for those. Depends a lot on the day of the week also. I know if you give it a few more hours you will start seeing folks in HI or the Far East showing up.

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• the CF server is not dead yet, but yeah is almost dead as the whole Freelancer community, sadly the end is not so far for all and with the release of RSI/Star Citizen especial if the game will be good lots of Fl players will migrate there and will be the END of this game ,only the fan boys will still play after ..
    Fortunately for CF he still have some cards to play which is the new mod CF 2.0 , lets hope those cards will be lucky and good ones for all FL fans

• if the mod wont get released i suppose just a few people will likely to see it as most players will be gone then.

I will of course wait and maybe set up a virtual machine to run it, as freelancer may not work on windows 9 or 10 :P.

Best Regards / Grüße

Aldenmar Odin

• there are many IFs

IF Starcitizen will be released till then (the development of FL toom more than 6 years - expecting SC after just 2 years is... well... mehhhh)
    IF Starcitizen will be playable (bug free)
    IF Starcitizen offers the gameplay people like from FL
    IF starcitizen can be played at all (system requirements)
    IF players can afford to play the game as pretty much everything in that game costs real money
    IF starciticen runs lag free

many IFs... reallly many IFs
    SC sounds to me like black prophecy... a hyped project that soon was dead

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• IF apply on pretty match on everything on this life . You need to just stay positive end have little faith .
    I have no doubt SC will be the best game there is end also i have no doubt CF 2 will be the best FL mod there is .
    Also like a said before you need to start promoting this mod. This is your baby end is up to you to get more people to play here.
    You play your cards right end you will get full server 24/7
    Bottom line Full server is the best promo you can get
    Problem is a lot of people want to start fresh in 2.0 end they dont want to waste time on 1.9 when they know 2.0 is around the corner.

Us for Black Prophecy it was great game but was purely managed end that's why it fail .Unfortunately many games dont get the memo e spatially on MMO style .
    People are like rabbits end they need there carrots . Just look at ESO end how fast people are living that game, sad.
    So far there is one game that got it right end that is GW2 end i,m very happy that SC is taking same root .

• yeah... IF...
    my statement remains until proven wrong

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Even if i'm the only one who will be still here and don't go somewhere else I WILL play again and again and again Crossfire.
    I try about 10 space games and ONLY Crossfire and Galaxy on Fire 2 give me a real good time spend. Ofcourse Galaxay on Fire 2 have better quality (but who knows what will be in Crossfire 2.0 8). ) but Crossfire is better in many many more things and most important of them is that it have Multiplayer ^^
    So the only thing that i can say is that i will play Crossfire until am alive :)

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• this subjects comes around all the time and same answers, at times i have been playing by myself and watch other pilots drift in and out. constantly i see new pilots log on. a lot of the time when i log on there could be up too 19 players or more, maybe the time has something to do with it as all over the world. BUT DEAD NOT LIKELY even with 2.0 coming
    kermit

• :) CF 2.0 still use old FL engine (even if is really hard to believe this ^^ )

• Yeah, the original announcement of specs basically read "best in slot" for all hardware at the time of announcement. Now, quality moves fast, and thus price goes down pretty quick, and I believe the SC team hasn't gone too far into optimization runs for all the specs, but still, we are talking a very high end computer.

I think SC can do well, but it DOES have that sneaky feeling of reading what happened to Duke Nukem Forever: ALWAYS something newer, bigger, and better to add, with the feeling of all the finances in the world, means eventually there simply was no chance of the game ever finishing development (until of course new developer acquired rights and all.) Sooo many cool features promised, some of them just sound... incredible. In the actual etymological definition of the word: In-credible.

That said, they do have their modules coming along, so... yeah.

Definitely nothing wrong with CF, though, and like OP said... realistic expectations of the time needed for SC means it won't even be "competition" for a long while yet.

• for CF team team development , instead to be so worried about SC or others mods like (Rebirth) better finish 2.0 soner as possible cuz what i saw lately this server is dead and acording to this site: http://www.flserver.de/topservers.php?timeframe=week
    the LAST week was very bad populate and surprise now are not on server ( they quit play)those so called ''assholes" (bad pirates) who bully others players LOL what a bullshit reason was this in the past xD, even the big VIPs stop play cuz is to boring now lol , this can be a leson in the future for all ... stop bash the better players only cuz they play difrent RP or others stupid reasons and judge all with the same coin

i know my post sounds like hate but is not , i just want to say its a shame for a mod like CF to have such low number of players online

Some ppl never learn ... Martind Forlon Today, 4:28pm

PS: some haters will never understand :D

Edited once, last by Joker.: . ().

• Hello,
    I think there is little point in judging by just one week, there were low player numbers for longer periods before but the server always recovered sooner or later. Just check year graphs for other servers and you will see that such fluctuations are completely normal (and therefore nothing shameful).

Besides, students all over the world are having exams now - that's why at least part of the players are likely to reduce their game activity for a while.

Anyway, instead of wasting time on further discussions, we'd better go and play CF a bit :)

- Wanderer -

• Activity is higher on weekends because mostly ppl are on work in weekdays, i was online more of 6 hours (with pauses for eat) in friday and has low activity(few players) but in weekends is more than 20 players(for this weekend don't know i wasn't online). Also is season of vacations.

Break the chains of life! Fly freely!

• exams, summer holidays, "pfingsten"... and certainly many other reasons

i work 18 hours a day (and that every day since december)
    just because you want the mod to be finished is no reason for me to extend it to 24 hours a day

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Just because it have lower activity from time to time in MP this doen't mean the server is dead.
    And if someone want proof that it have players do this:
    Get in MP and you will see by yourself 8).

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• It might seem very strange or il-logical to some players but I have had a character on the Crossfire mod since version 1.4 . Yes I have been here a long time and have seen the shift from mostly American players to what is now a global mixture. It seems that many of the players are like my grandchildren, they want everything NOW and just have no patience. There have been countless times I would log on and be here by myself. Just to have a game where you can unwind from a days work is worth more to me than some might think. So I will continue here for an untold amount of time and be happy to explore the new version when it is released. :)

• I'm fairly new to CF, however I am on very regularly, especially when not having comp problems :D ( :cursing: norton) And one thing I notice is time of day makes a difference too, also its summer, at least here anyway, so people have a lot going on. All I can say is that I am appreciative of having the ability to play here, whether alone at times or with others. One thing I think we all need to remember is that a lot of people have spent a lot of time, and surely money as well to bring us this mod. So even though it can be easy to forget that, at the end of the day lets always keep that in mind. I for one don't plan on ever quitting playing unless RL situation prevents it. So here is a BIG thank you to everyone who made this mod possible.

Poopstein TM (IOC)Poopstein, (IOC)_Mountain_Man, (IOC)Ghost, (IOC)Lone_Wolf, (IOC)Silencer