SWAT Portal 3.0

There are 64 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• As already announced we will upgrate the portal to a new more powerful and more flexible version.
    Below are some images attached from our test environment which we have set up to see if we can use old features and how difficult or easy it will be to use the data from our old (current) Portal.

While not many features are installed yet it already is to see that the general style is very similar to our current one but in many areas much more detailed and more clean.
    The performance of the new Portal will be much better as it makes used of different types of databases and a better cache system. Also the softwares code is very clean and optimized and used the latest web standards.

However... such a massive upgrade also will come with costs as I have to buy a large number of upgrade licenses for all the features we currently use. I personally expect about 300,- € for license upgrades and maybe a little bit more for some additional features. But in the end its an upgrade we sooner or later have to do since many features we currently use will only be supported on the new Portal software in future.

The full upgrade can be done during one weekend... while the forum would be up and running after a few hours already. But still we will wait a bit as some of our features are currently not yet re-released and i personally would like to wait until everything is available and until i got all the license upgrades done.

Files

• 7.jpg

(590.38 kB, downloaded 69 times, last: )
    • 11.jpg

(523.43 kB, downloaded 44 times, last: )
    • 10.jpg

(307.01 kB, downloaded 28 times, last: )
    • 9.jpg

(570.11 kB, downloaded 36 times, last: )
    • 8.jpg

(716.44 kB, downloaded 32 times, last: )
    • 6.jpg

(398.06 kB, downloaded 23 times, last: )
    • 5.jpg

(749.42 kB, downloaded 40 times, last: )
    • 4.jpg

(765.23 kB, downloaded 36 times, last: )
    • 3.jpg

(318.91 kB, downloaded 31 times, last: )
    • 2.jpg

(397.45 kB, downloaded 30 times, last: )
    • 1.jpg

(469.17 kB, downloaded 44 times, last: )

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Yup, I second that :)

• still familiar, but ....MUCH BETTER ;)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• @ OP

Do plan to take the money from the "running" income ( "usual" donations, system rents )
    or do you plan - ev. additional - a special "collection" for this ?

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• dunno about the donation stuff
    however i really doubt that it can simply be taken from server donations as we dont have many paying clans

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Very nice indeed! :thumbsup:

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Looks Really good, as always I'm more than happy to help keep things running so you definitely still have my Coin.

God of Kings]Horus[Hotepsekhumui

9538-6938e351.png

:salutes Have Fun and Fly Safe 8).

• Looks very good indeed!

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• it wont as this project will only start if the funding is done

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• i Donated 30€ :sekt: ..... +20€ in early system rent for Feb :winki: .... i hope it will help..... :bcrazy:

I like the looks of the new portal :bfantasydreams:

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

• progress on this matter looks like this:

2 donations received
    most plugins that we need are available but some are still in the works (wiki, arcarde games, calendar, gallery)
    most of the missing plugins were announced for release q1 2014... so... we can only wait and hope for enough donations to cover the costs

i meanwhile have tested the new software and started to work on stuff like detail improvements on the style... small additional plugins... registering new caches... and testing how to import the data from the old portal.
    most of it works... some requires adjustments... and the other stuff requires waiting for the plugin writers to do their job

performance tests with the new cache system showed that a standard page like the portal loads about 20% faster
    on sites with larger volume it might be even more
    however there are even better and faster cache systems but i have not figured out how to install and register these modules coz the server host by default does not support some of the components yet
    Either i find a way or ill just wait for the host to upgrade their standard protocols which is just a matter of time.

biggest problem was and still is the feature of the community grounds which we have on the old portal. So far i got no reply from the developers if they will do an upgrade for this software.
    If they wont a solution might be to offer board hosting for clans like it is done for BG already.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,