2013 a year in review

There are 7 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Shockwave.

• Like every year Id like to loose a few words about the year which is reaching its end today.
    Well, it was a relative calm year when i look back. No major catastrophes, relative small troubles over the entire year. Thats good.
    The community held together and helped each other and of course new players. Thank you for that.

2013 also was the year where Crossfire got its 7th Mod of the Year nomination which is certainly a milestone for us. No other Freelancer mod and I also believe no other mod in general managed to get to this point. Thank you for all your votes.
    Speaking of Crossfire the year 2013 was also an incredible time and work intense year.
    I think only Huor really knew how much I was trying to push the development of Crossfire 2.0 since May/June in order to reach a state where we can discuss about a "release" and he also has spent such an incredible amount of work on the mod that I just want to say thank you. Thank you also to the other people which helped... on the mod and on the portal.
    Well after working more than half a year on the mod in every free minute and without much sleep I recently decided to listen to an advice and take a break over Xmas and continue with the modding work in 2014. Well... cough* we still worked on CF2.0 in the past days but not so excessive.

One year ago I presented the plans for 2013:
    - Crossfire 2.0 release -> ?!? depends on the community
    Well, yeah... we didnt make it ... I still have the storyline not finished and also the work that should be done by the community is also not done yet
    We are not far away from a release so... I see it not that dramatic.
    - Support of at least one new game section
    Thats something that we clearly did. We reached out to Star Trek Online and created 2 Fleets with meanwhile + 500 members.
    What we have to do better in 2014 is to integrate these members better into the community.
    But we are only a very good way and will for sure build the highest lvl Starbase available in a few months.

What else is there to say about 2013?
    Well, we got 2883 new members on the portal and are meanwhile close to reach 20.000 members in total here (the ones at Lancer's Reactor not included).
    Crossfire was downloaded on all DL-sources about 48000 times this year. And we had 1.412.615 visitors on the websites of the entire Portal.

For 2014 we also have major plans already.
    First and most important is to release Crossfire 2.0 somewhen at the beginning of the year.
    Once that is done the next mammoth project is going to start... a complete upgrade and restructuring of the entire Portal. I have done many tests in the past weeks and prepared alot to make this possible without loss of features and information.
    The new Portal will be faster, better organized and more user friendly than our current one.
    It will look better, can be customized and offers many great features. With that we can really prepare this community for a great future.
    However... this Portal upgrade will also be very expensive (there is always something lol). We will have to see how to get it financed in the next few months but i am sure that we will get it done somehow.
    When we got that upgrade done we will see which future gaming projects we will support.

I dont want to put up too many plans here for the next year... i think that CF2.0, the Portal upgrade and new gaming projects are pretty large topics we should first cover before making further plans.
    I hope you will like what we have in mind for 2014 and i hope that you keep supporting us in the following year.

This leaves me with a few final words to say....
    Happy New Year

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Here are some New Year 2014 wishes that are sure to touch the souls of all of you.

- I wish you Happy New Year from the bottom of my soul. May ^BiggBoss^ give you the happiness and strength to overcome your failures.
    - I`m wishing you and your family a wonderful year ahead.
    - Embrace simplicity and sincerity .
    - As the new year renews all the happiness and good karma, starting with OP and ending with me , hope the joyful spirit keeps glowing in the your heart forever!

Happy New Year!

• I also wish you all a happy new year. Enjoy your life, dont forget to relax, stay healthy and wealthy. I hope you can have some moments off of real live on Crossfire or any other game you like.

I am excited to the release of CF 2.0 too and i think we are really close to a alpha release very soon. Stay with us through thick and thin, and dont forget to eat more chocolate :D

signature.png

• Happy new year all, may your wishes come true in the incoming year ^^

And, don't forget to have fun :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• I wish Happy New Year to all from the Crossfire community, to be every day with smile on your faces, to be happy and to have one very great and special day with your families :party:.

Always have a thought for those you care about. That way they will never be forgotten even after they are gone.

• Happy New Year everyone! Much happiness and good health to all! And to Op, Thank you, for everything!

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

• Happy new year!

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf