Inner Core Patrol Report

There are 120 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by MAREK.

• Interlude

The collected data of the |DP|repenne have been analyzed. Human scientist developed a counter electronic that neutralyzes the electronic warfare of the Dooms. There fore it is necessary to visit once again the Celldra-system to install these components.

Objectives

A fleet consisting of at least 2 Battleships and several fighters invade Celldra coming from Venn. They will be supported by the engineers of the |DP|repenne, which will have to install secret components at the 2 repair buoys. Furthermore the fleet has to go once around the Crydiss Cloud to scan the 6 Dooms-stations and infiltrate their computers with a new virus.

For now it is not sure, if this virus will work properly. Maybe we have to repeat this mission with an an improved one. We are just sure, that our components that will be installed at the repair buoys will do their job, what decreases the strength of the electronic warfare of the dooms.

Date of this mission: Saturday, the 12th July.
    Time of the beginning: 21:00
    Meeting point of the fleet: Inner Core, Jumpgate to Venn

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

Dark Phoenix Clan introduction: link
    Sigma 17 Rules: link
    DP Recruiting Office: link

Events, Eventmanagers: link
    Event Rules: link

• Report about the Inner Core mission on 12.07.3014

The fleet started with following ships:

Very Heavy Fighters
    Fargo_1_Explorer
    (IOC)Apache'
    Joi_Trent4
    LuBBerBoi
    Moorhuhn²³
    Original_One
    SA_Explorer_SCORPION
    TL_01

Capital ships and others
    (IOC)Vulkrinshul (Kusari DN)
    (IOC)Bladerunner (Kusari Destroier)
    Selo602 (Bretonia DN)
    |DP|repenne (RS)

The mission had to deal with different inconveniences from the beginning. Maybe the transmission equipment of the ships wasn't working well or the Dooms put a a suppressing field around the systems Venn and Celldra. However, the ships weren't able to follow the common strategy and so the fleet always divided into different wings. But as you can see above there was only 1 repair ship and so it was very important to keep the fleet together.

Another problem was the absent experienced fleet commander on one of the capitals. Although the mission was commanded by the |DP|repenne a fleet in Inner Core must be led by a Battleship or Dreadnought due to the higher speed! Well, in the end some of our new caps-Captains have surely gathered some valuable experiences.

The fleet entered Celldra after it has taken down at least 3 Dooms fleets with their Battle-/Motherships in Venn. In Celldra itself we realized immediately that the electronic field established by Sentinels and Dom'Seteks is very strong and so the navigation computers of several of our ships were confused or even damaged. First parts of our fleet made it to the repair buoy at 3F and so the main work could begin. The installation of the components on the buoy was hampered by the ongoing shooting of the Sentinel station nearby. Our engineers worked parallel to upload the virus to this station and some repairs on our ships were necessary too.

Since the fleet was spread far between the Venn-gate and the actual position at the RB we decided to regroup at the Venn-gate. On the way back we noticed, that the electronic Dooms field is still working on a high level and even the |DP|repenne got serious problems at the gate. Suddenly a fighter wing of the Dooms appeared and obliged the Captain of the Repair Ship to fulfill an emergency jump back to Venn. In this moment the decision was made to regroup the whole fleet in Venn again.

Here we counted our losses:
    Fargo_1_Explorer
    (IOC)Apache'
    Joi_Trent4
    SA_Explorer_SCORPION

It was a big luck for our pilots that we could rescue each of them in their life-pods. We contacted the headquarter in Weth, explained the situation and received the good news, that 3 more capital ships were sent into our direction:

(IOC)Osiris (Liberty BS)
    Fargo_1_Headquarter (Liberty DN)
    IndianaJones(S) (Liberty DN)

So we started again to Celldra. There once again our fleet divided due to the above mentioned difficulties. From now the |DP|repenne was guarded only by (IOC)Osiris, Fargo_1_Headquarter, Moorhuhn²³ and Original_One. We were able to upload the virus to all Sentinel and Setek stations but encountered heavy resistance. It was as if they knew about our targets and so there was always a fleet of them waiting for us. This was the most difficult part of the mission. The engineers on |DP|repenne worked as hard as they could, uploading the virus and repairing the ships at the same time. But the enemies fleet were too strong and so we lost the (IOC)Osiris. Fortunately we were able to tractor all their lifepods and noone died.

All the other ships were somehow lost in the Crydiss Cloud. Sometimes we could listen to scrambled transmissions of them but we decided not to wait for anyone but to fulfill our objectives. From time to time we sent our actual position that the others could try to meet us. And so it happened near our final targets, the RB at 2F and the Sentinel station nearby, that our fleet grew again.

Unfortunately we have also lost our dreadnoughts (IOC)Vulkrinshul and Selo602. Later we will send a rescue missions to their last known positions.

Since all objectives were done we headed back to Weth. We had to experience some more losses and so only the following ships returned:
    Original_One, TL_01, (IOC)Bladerunner, Fargo_1_Headquarter, IndianaJones(S), |DP|repenne.

All collected data and scans will be analyzed. A decision if this mission will be repeated to upload an improved virus will be made within the next 5 days.

(feel free to upload some screens :thumbup: )

"There is no connection between truth and politics." Londo Mollari (Centauri Ambassador) londo.jpg

• Thanks for this extended report and the pictures!

As the in-fight communication is sometimes a bit difficult in these systems as reaction-times are quite small, it may be an interesting idea to try TeamSpeak for these big missions(?) I never tried, but maybe it can help to get things sorted easier than typing. Even the players w/o headset could log in and at least listen to emergency-calls, waypoints, etc.
    Was this ever tried? What do you think about it?

Cheerio
    Moorhuhn

• i tried Skype with another player while playing CF. the funny thing is, that audio-communication was even harder since my ears had problems with his arabic pronunciation :) and i had problems to concentrate to the game. but hey, if more people would agree to audio, why not? it is just a matter of training.

• Interlude 1

"Report!" Dark Phoenix clanleader Dennzio Horatius Almany, call sign |DP|denne, demanded.
    "Well ..." Second Lieutenant Schulz started but was immediately interrupted by denne "STOP WELLING! Just give me the important information!"
    "S-Sir, we've lost contact to our Battleship Salah_Ed_Deen." Schulz reported.
    "When we've lost contact and what was the last known position?" denne asked sighing.
    "S-Sir, it was 2 weeks ago ..." "AND WHY THE HECK YOU DIDN'T CALL ME?" denne called out angry.
    "W-We wanted, but you gave us the order 'may come what comes, but never ever call me in my holy vacation or you will have to clean the whole Mercy Dark from in and outside with a toothbrush'" Schulz hastened to explain.
    "..."
    Dennzio Horatius Almany walked up and down the command room of the Mercy Dark. "The Salah_ed_Deen was sent to Celldra, right?" he asked.
    "Yes Sir, and that was the last known position. As you know, it was sent for a secret job to evaluate the results of our last mission."
    "Have we received any usable data from the Sala_ed_Deen before we've lost contact?"
    "Yes Sir, all data were transferred to your personal log ... moment, incoming transmission ..." Schulz said.
    "Who is it?"
    "It is the GR base in Styx. As far as i remember, Commander Danzel is in service there at the moment."
    denne eyes first narrowed ... narrowed more ... finally he seemed to relax and sat down the command chair. He started talking, calmly, more to himself: "Hmm, really i don't trust these Galaxy Rangers, you never really know to whom belongs their loyalty. The GR base in Styx, hmmm. It must be very important when they call us."
    Schulz babbled "S-Sir, the transmission ..."
    "Yes yes, open the channel!"
    "Dennzio Horatius! How was your holy vacation?" Commander Danzel, call sign Dented_ship, smiled into the room.
    "Fine. What is it what you want, we have an ... uhm ... important case to discuss here." denne answered.
    "More important than the needs of a GR?" dented joked.
    "WHAT IS IT, DENTED?" denne was not in the mood for long talkings.
    "OK OK, we received very faint signals from the Inner Core sector ..." dented started to explain.
    dennes eyes narrowed again. "And that is so important? We always receive signals from Inner Core sector. Who knows what these aliens are talking about ..." denne was impatient.
    "This signal is different. It was sent on a frequency usually used by Dom'Seteks but encrypeted with an old DP-code. Unfortunately the signal is too faint, the data loss too big, so i cannot decipher the hidden message. I am planning a mission with my Ragnarok as soon as my shift here in Styx is over and wanted to ask for assistance."
    denne gave Schulz a signal to interrupt the audio transmission and sighed: "Damn, the GR base in Styx is well equipped. It seems the secret job of the Salah_ed_Deen is not so secret anymore."
    "S-Sir, may i open the channel again? Commander Danzel looks angry." "Yeah, just do it ... Danzel, you know, to assist a Galaxy Ranger is always an honour for us. I ... i think we have a small problem too. Come here and i'll explain to you. Maybe we'll find a solution."
    "Roger that, dented out."
    "Really, i don't trust Galaxy Rangers, you never know about their loyalty ..." denne said.
    "S-Sir, dented is your friend ..." "OF COURSE HE IS MY FRIEND AND MY SECOND IN COMMAND BUT HE CONTACTED US IN HIS FUNCTION AS A GALAXY RANGER" denne shouted. Then he asked "any other things to report?"
    "Well ..." Second Lieutenant Schulz started but was immediately interrupted by denne "STOP WELLING! *sigh* My nerves, i go to the bar. The Vacation was too short ..."

... to be continued ...

Edited 3 times, last by denne ().

• when is the best time for u to participate in the next Inner Core Mission? 8

1. Saturday, 07.01.2017 (6) 75%
    2. Friday, 13.01.2017 (3) 38%
    3. Saturday, 14.01.2017 (2) 25%

POLL: when is the best time for u to participate in the next Inner Core Mission?

• Interlude 2

2 weeks ago ...

"Not again! Horatius will kill me that i fucked up this mission. Not again ..." was the last thing Lt.-Cmdr. Tucker thought before he fall asleep in his hybernate cab.
    The Salah_ed_Deen, the mighty Liberty Dreadnought, the most powerful ship in the fleet of the Dark Phoenix Clan sleeps too. Somewhere in Celldra. Only few energy cells survived the last battles with the alien fleets.
    The long range transmitters were hardly damaged, it would need at least the help of the engineers of a repair ship.
    Near the computer core a small device is still silently doing its job: scanning for Dom'Setek radio transmissions and using them to hitchhike an own encrypted signal.
    Maybe, one day, somewhere, would somebody catch it up ... the probability is very low ...

... to be continued ...

• "I am planning a mission with my Ragnarok as soon as my shift here in Styx is over and wanted to ask for assistance."

my Yggdrasil is available to help

Hello,
    I think GR ships should not be used for events... They exist to help enforce the rules and solve player conflicts, but for any other purpose one can always use a normal char.
    Even in non-competitive events like this, all participants should have equal abilities (in order to have equally good fun).

• Yes, but not through role-playing themselves.
    They can, for example, promote events by making online announcements. And encourage role play the same way (Mr Portalearth is doing a great job in this).

But using GR name in stories makes little sense because one can tell them from the name of his clan char with the same success.

Maybe it is not such a big issue in this case, I'm sorry for "finding quarrel in a straw" :)
    But I still think GR ships should not participate in events, because they have an unfair advantage.

• Hi all. The reason I did this was to get an expedition going. I am trying to promote and support the event. I am not planning to go in there with the GR ship and blast the crap out of everything that moves as that would take away the fun for the others. I will be there to watch and support the others in this expedition. It is also a chance for me to get a few IC systems on my nav map which is the reason I want to take the GR char along. I have no intention of using the ships speed or firepower to just take out IC cap ships. It is purely for supporting this event and gaining some maps. As for the story, I didnt put it in the fan fiction and char roleplay section because its not a roleplay char. I just wanted to make it interesting to see if it could encourage other players to come along

• Present day.
    Somewhere in Pyrrdra.

A Virginia Class Liberty Dreadnought was adrift near the Repair Buoy. Its bridge, however, was not as inactive...
    -We just need more time to replenish our shields - Captain of the ship noted. - The battlegroup we destroyed apparently was moving to Celldra...
    -Commander, we are getting a weird signal on the Dom'Setek lines again - the radio operator intervened. - This time I probably found something about it. It uses encryption similar to the signals we intercepted during Operation Overkill.
    -Dom'Setek signal with Sirius-origin filling? - The curator from Intelligence asked. - Pass your station to me, I need to use the comms system.
    As the curator activated the comms and set the address, the voice link engaged.
    -Canteen? I thought I was on leave... - voice on the other side spoke.
    Curator sighed and attached the file.
    -I need to know what can you say about this.
    -What else can I say? - the voice replied. - People in danger. Somewhere around that area. And their friends Sirius-side are gathering an expedition to help them.
    "But of cooooourse he already knew", curator thought.
    -Unless I'll get too sleepy or catch yet another hit, I'll be there - man on the other side continued. - And I might require the support from K-719.
    -Operation Overkill all over again? - the curator asked.
    -Hope so. Can't believe I'm looking up to Christmas - man on the other side let out a small laugh. - Gonna be so fun...
    -You have strange definition of "fun" - Curator said. - You certainly need someone to correct your worldviews. Someone of opposite gender.
    -Uuugh, you sound like my dad - the man on the other side groaned. - Stay safe, Canteen. Ajay out.
    With these words, he disconnected. The curator - Igor Flyagin, General Major of the Coalition intelligence Directorate - turned to the bridge crew.
    -There goes our leave - he said. - The Baneblade stays here for a possible rescue operation.

Planet Murmansk.
    A thin and tall man wearing huge, nerdy as heck glasses and a Coalition uniform sat near the table in the small living room in the cargo bay of his Basilisk class fighter. As he switched his communication suite off, he let out another laugh and poured himself a glass of green carbonated liquid and then downed it in one gulp.
    -Now I just need to not flak it up - he said to himself. - Then again, flakking up is my forte.
    With these words he sighed, got up and went to cockpit.

OoRP question.
    When exactly will the event take place? If the same as the Morning Doms Hunt, then I'll most probably be in.

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

Edited 3 times, last by Ajay ().