Unreadable font size in menu [SOLVED]

There are 9 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hi.

Im trying to install freelancer and crossifre 1.9 on windows 7 x64 pro. When launching the game the fonts in the menu are so small they're unreadable. Ive searched the interwebs for a solution but havent found any which worked.

These are the steps i used to install:

• installed freelancer 1.0
    • installed freelancer mod manager 1.31
    • installed crossfire into the "Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire" folder.
    • activated the mod with the mod manager.

Things ive tried to fix the problem:

• moved fonts: AGENCYR.ttf AGENCYB.ttf and ARIALUNI.ttf from the cd to my windows/fonts folder
    • used the font resizer tool (index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=1078)
    • Edited several ini files for 1920*1080 resolution gameplay.
    • downloaded and installed font: agencyfb-bold.ttf

Ive found several posts from people having the same problem but these are all the solutions ive come a cross, any help provided would be appreciated, thank you

Edited once, last by Martind Forlon: updated thread name ().

• The Agency Fonts are only relevant for the vanilla game.
    Crossfire 1.9 uses an own font. This one should be in the FLMM\mods\Crossfire... folder. Its a ttf that you should install as font seperately. Although the installer should do this. So try to copy that font to your windows fonts folder manually.
    I fear however that your changes already done have other side effects.

signature.png

• little using search here: index.php?page=Thread&threadID=23970

• ty.

I searched that folder for ttf fonts but didnt find any :/

i
    might have gone about this the wrong way aswell. Ive been using the
    vanilla exe file to start the game so far. I noticed that there is also
    an executable in this folder: \Freelancer\mods\Crossfire1.9\EXE\

using it however yields this error: "Runtime error: 53 file not found: CF_CL.dll" .

edit: Martind Forlon:

ah, found that thread as well but it didnt provide much info which helped me :/. i had already changed the install path to the proper one (i think, the post about correct paths was somewhat confusing) and have no fonts in either crossfire folder.

Edit:
    I moved the dll over which got the launcher working, game doesnt boot hower. By now im thinking the install i probably broken and i wont do any more tinkering with it until ive done a full reinstall later tonight. Ty for your help so far, Ill let you know how it went.

Edited 3 times, last by thesquig: added details ().

• For reinstall pls look here: index.php?page=FaqDetail&category=7#question12

... and don't forget after install vanilla remove "copy protection" from whole folder and run ALL installers as "Administrator". ... those two small things helped many times.

.. and you can try look also here: index.php?page=Thread&postID=301734#post301734

• EDIT: Regarding the post on the mod activation step (index.php?page=Thread&threadID=22127).
    When i activated the mod there was no popup window with options described in that post. Im going to look into the problem i had with changing file permissions .
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

alright so i did a full re install as per the instructions linked above but unfortunately it doesn't seem to have helped.

Since i was using the wrong executable before (launching vanilla) my problem has changed from a font issue to an install problem.

I should mention that i was unable to change the read only file permissions, whenever i applied the changes they were rolled back, ive seen this happen before and im not sure how to get around it.

Anyway:

• When starting crossfire i got a runtime error (53) Cf_CL.dll is missing.
    • I manually moved the dll and the launcher started.
    • it downloaded some files.
    • I tried to launch single player which failed without an error.
    • second time the launcher had been updated.
    • when trying launch a singleplayer game i got hit with an application crash error "CFLauncher has stopped working".

error details:

The fact that i had to manually move a dll file makes me concerned about the installation completing successfully, is there a log file? I ran all files as administrator with my antivirus (avast) turned off (gave me trouble the first time around)

Edited 7 times, last by thesquig: update ().

• where you had installed CF? ... path set directly to FLMM or into FLMM/mods folders? (I always used what CF offered me while installing). I atm can't found thread where this was mentioned, but I remember that someone installed CF to "wrong" place and activation therefore not worked as should. Yours issue looks very similar.

my own folder after CF installation is:

Code
    1. C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\Crossfire1.9
  • Thank you for all the help, i finally found out what went wrong and got it going. Martind Forlon's suspicions proved to be correct.

When installing the mod i had changed the installation path to "Freelancer Mod Manager/mods/Crossfie1.9" instead of the default location ("path:\Freelancer Mod Manager\"). This screwed up the activation for some reason.

It seems to be running fine now :)

• Glad to help, enjoy now CF :)