Orillion isn't in New Berlin.

There are 13 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• did you follow the exact path?

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• And can be also good idea use LAST mission save if will not work advice above (i.e. replay whole last vanilla mission).

• Hello everyone,

Just started playing Crossfire for the first time and have exactly the same issue as the original post, but my problem is even worse.

When I accept the 14th mission, I am not given a waypoint. I go to New Berlin by my own means and Orillion is not there.

I loaded the last mission from my normal game inside Crossfire and played it again to get to mission 14.

Any help is appreciated.

If one could send me a simple save game which is before the final mission and doesn't have my problem, please do so! Thank you!

• I had the exact same problem as the OP. It is a bit strange that the very first Crossfire mission breaks away from the 'open' game that is Freelancer. As it is, I wasted more than 2 hours because I didn't follow the EXACT path to New Berlin. Instead, I took my own route in order to maximize the profit from the cargo I had in my hold, exactly the same way I had played the whole normal game. Some kind of warning would have been nice.

So, I went back to the 'Mission' save from the beginning of the new chapter and took the 'official' route to New Berlin where I, of course, found Orillion. Surprise, Surprise!! Both Trent and Orillion now have HEAVY German accents and I could not understand ANYTHING they said. I'm glad that the whole conversation was to be found in the mission log, so I know what they said to each other. Perhaps you (the developers of Crossfire) could have reached out to the many fans to find people willing to do the voices that would be closer to the originals, or at least, in an American accent. (As soon as that game conversation was over, I must admit I tried speaking in Trent's voice and, while not perfect, I think I could do a passable job of it!)

Despite these minor annoyances, I must give thanks and kudos for what you guys have accomplished with Crossfire! I know it must have been quite a large undertaking and it is evident that you put a LOT of time and effort into this mod and for that I am very grateful!!

I am very much looking forward to Crossfire 2.0!! I hope it doesn't take too much longer, but I am willing to wait as long as necessary, because I know it will be worth the wait!! Great job!!!!

• Freelancer singleplayer never was open
    if you didnt do exactly what the mission said during the original missions you got the mission failure screen

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Freelancer singleplayer never was open
    if you didnt do exactly what the mission said during the original missions you got the mission failure screen

That's just not true. In vanilla Freelancer, whenever I was told to meet x-person at y-place, I had every option of how I got there. If I went off the indicated route, the game automatically calculated a new route from my current position.

• and now we are at the point where i tell you that you are completely wrong with that

during the original storyline you have 5 or 6 freetime phases where the entire story mode is completely disabled
    only then you can move where you want
    at this point of time you are not playing a story mission... like i said, the story mode is not even active
    you are not even playing a mission when you are told to make some money first before you meet with somebody
    no mission is active at this point

problem is... these freetime phases are hardcoded
    there is only a fixed number of those
    that means it is impossible to add more of them

my statement above where i said that during the story missions you could not leave the path is 100% valid
    and everything else is not possible without having the freelancer source code

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• "That's just not true. In vanilla Freelancer, whenever I was told to meet x-person at y-place, I had every option of how I got there. If I went off the indicated route, the game automatically calculated a new route from my current position."

That IS true. I believe he is talking about the time between when you earn enough to trigger the next mission and your told to meet someone and the actual meeting where you are required to accept the next mission. You can use as much time as you want and meet when it suits you. Once you meet and accept the mission, your locked onto the rails so to speak until the mission is completed.

• such "free-time" phases are between vanilla missions
    that means that during that time no story mode is active... so you can go where ever you want to go and do whatever you want to do

The freelancer game engine however, is limited to a handfull of free-time phases and all of them are already used during the original freelancer campaign.
    So unless you manage to convince microsoft to release the source code of the game to us the game limits remain valid and you will have to live with the way we have tried to create a storyline despite this idiotic limitations.

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• ...the way we have tried to create a storyline despite this idiotic limitations.

...what is not only more, than any other modder of CF ever achieved, but something never thought possible - until Crossfire 1.9 was created.

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Btw there are 2 phases for active mission. 1st when you are asked meet someone or go to some point ... and during this phase you can set own waypoints and chose own way. After this come cutscene (yes/no) and after 'yes' you must follow mission path precisely. This is how it works in vanilla and how you can get free exploration phases* (phase 1) later in cf campaign.

*you can use waypoints, but can not take missions