Graphical troubles on clean CF/FL install

There are 154 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• ((First off, guilty of digging up this thread i know im sorry.))

Well hello, guess who also has no textures in manahttan bar/trent/juni a loading screen that looks like a blob of very wet clay and explosions that are big white squares? Yep

I spent like 7 hour going through everything in this post last night, i uninstalled FL and crossfire like 8 or 9 times, restarted my computer like a dozen times i updates my graphic drivers and all sorts of stuff lol. tried the different file edits - added my card to the list, admin modes, compatability modes, changing settings in game, turning off 3d sound, turning off the special effects enhb shaders or whatever they were, adding the -dx

What trully irks me though is the fact that up to may this year, my older win7 64 machine ran crossfire PERFECTLY. NEVER had a single issue, installed FL, installed flmm, installed crossfire, played.

Skip to tonight and i decided to fire it up on my new machine and, this. All this lol. I had some issues getting basic FL to run but found its cause i was trying to run it at higher than 1024 x 768 which caused it to fail for some reason "freelancer has stopped working". But by setting res to 1024x768 it runs AND explosions are explosions and trent is not a snowman lol. So, im completely utterly dumbfounded as to what could be causing crossfire to go berserk right now.

If it helps im on win7 professional SP1 64 bit, i have 16g ram Intel Core i5 4570 @ 3.20GHz and my graphics is AMD Radeon R9 200 Series with up to date drivers. My guess is its something related to my card, does anyone have any advice/experience with my brand of card that could help me beat this problem?

• KineticDesigns: what resolution you play normally? ... and you have updated flconfigdatabase with your card right?

index.php?page=Article&articleID=966&languageID=1#How to avoid graphic problems while playing Freelancer

Edit by
    Three more things:
    1) try reinstall full directx9
    2) if you did not removed write protection from vanilla fl prior mod activation, then some files may not be overwritten.
    3) if you newly download mod, check in file properties if you not have there note about file downloaded from other pc.

• hi Martind Forlon

my screen res outside FL is 1920x1080 in true color (32 bit). I have directx11 installed, it came with the system. Am i able to have to have 9 as well or does 11 replace 9 altogether?

Seems it might be an issue with the write protection? I hadnt thought of that and so far its proving impossible to erase the Read-Only setting on my FL folder. Apparently its a known issue too, so i will have to waste a couple hours trying to kill this Read Only thing before i can get back to trying to fix freelancer /sigh

• FL is directx9 game (cf 2.0 offer more settings, but still have full dx9 installed is very good idea) but these white textures imo lead to dx11 as to something else

and for write protection please look into faq here in main menu, it is very fast to solve. (folder properties, remove flag, apply for subfolders - yes, then APPLY and done.)

For directx9 vs 11 dunno, not have experience.

• I tried the properties thing to remove read only, it didnt work, i tried the uac change, the cmd attribute and a new user account too but couldnt stop it resetting my freelancer, or every other folder back to read only. I have done a system restore back to before i tried to install FL and am currently redownloading my new graphics driver again. A Google search suggested the read only thing is common and it can sometimes be almost impossible to fix. If my system restore hasnt fixed it i may have to get someone with more computer knowledge to actually come and fiddle with my machine to solve it.

I hope i have my FL woes fixed before 2.0 comes out, i was pretty far into the missions on my old comp, i want to get some experience/practice and progress in 1.9 again before 2.0 lol

• white textures should be gone in Cf2.0
    but it indicates a texture size limitation on your graphic card (just saying)

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

white textures should be gone in Cf2.0

but it indicates a texture size limitation on your graphic card (just saying)

thats something i wouldnt ever have a clue how to fix lol, i got this card cause my old one, i think it was amd as well, blew up and needed to be thrown away and replaced so i threw down some extra money and got myself a nice 4gb card and boosted my system specs much bigger than any previous upgrade lol

But all that doesnt help me wen it comes to things like technical issues lol. Do you know anything about AMD Radeon R9 200 series cards that could help me fix the snowman trent issue? Matbe theres something in the catalyst control center i could try, im still battling this read only thing too at the moment, I might have to call the place i got my comp from and see if they know how to stop it

• like i said.. with CF2.0 this problem will be gone

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Sorry To Bring This Up Again, But I Was "knocking My Head On My Desk For 4 Day's " To Figure Out How To Fix! The Problem Of White Trent, Bar Heads White, And The Bar White !
    finally I Was Going To Wait For V2, But I Tried A Older video Card I Had In My Rig, And Now The Problems Are Solved!
    current Spec's Are
    ASUS Rampage IV extreme
    cpu 3960x
    mem Corsair vengeance @ 32 gig ram, 1800 MHz
    video Cards AMD 290X , AMD 7970 , (AMD 295X Star Citizen Eats' It Up!)
    Plus Updated All Drivers, and fallowed All installed instructions !

Confirmed: With My System , AMD 7970 WORKS! Hooked Up My R9 290x Fail! Both Run On The Sane Driver!
    Hardware Problem Is The Case, But I Can Run Star Citizen On The R9 290 x NO PROBLEMES!

Edited 2 times, last by jetfueler ().

• All The Slider's Are Maxed @ 1600x1200x32 For Both Cards,
    And To Note This Is A Back Up Rig, My Other Rig Died On Me Last Week :(
    And I Had NO Problems With It Running Crossfire.
    Spec's Of Other Rig
    Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
    G skill RipJaws Z 64 meg Of Ram @2400
    Intel 4690x @ 3.60 GHz
    XFX R9 295x,XFX R9 290X (Crossfire enabled)
    PSU Corsair AXI 1500
    Pulled The 290x For The Older Rig To Get Star Citizen Running Nice, And Had No Problems, As Of Yet!
    With My Radeon 7970 Installed I Haven't Had No Problems So Far Running, This Mod.

• jetfueler: you will need to wait for new mod version. It should not take too much time and there should be such issue (and may others) solved.