Crash at beggining of game when the Donau gets attacked in SP campaign

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by 2bluewagons.

• Hi guys

Just installed Crossfire 1.9. Basically, I at first had the CTD at title menu, so deleted my Saves folder, fixed that. Now, I get my first ship from Juni undock, and when the Donau gets attacked my game CTD's, is there a fix for this issue?

thanks

• ...Just installed Crossfire 1.9........ so deleted my Saves folder..........

Just to verify : how did you installed CF ?

-Deleted EVERYTHING related to Freelancer before (or moved to totally different, personal folder elswhere) ?? ..and checked perhaps also registry for it ?
    -FIRST installed an ABSOLUTLY fresh FreeLancer ?
    -Installed FLMM 1.3.1 ? (and NO other version) ?
    -let the launcher on start do ALL his updatiing ?? (may take several minutes. Go get a coffee break during that time)

Superint_siggy_new.png

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything.
    The FUULL catastrophy !

"MY MACHINE": Win 7 prof 64bit , i7 3770K , vtx HD7950 X-edition , 8 GB DDR3-2400 , Sandisk 256 ultra , 2TB Seagate, BenQ BL2710PT (2560x1440)

• Hi Thanatos2 and welcome here m8.

You probably have a bad installation. Follow instructions here to reinstall http://www.swat-portal.com/php…il&category=7?#question12

Also remember to run every program as Administrator (Right click - run as Administrator) and comptability mode XP SP3, also Freelancer setup.exe

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• and I will repeat one very important thing: after you install FL ... remove write protection from all files! ... if not, can happen that some files are not replaced (or get corrupt) during mod activation.

• Deleting everything while uninstalling CF and Freelancer, it includes deleting all the Freelancer folder in "My Games" inside "My Documents".

On FLMM first "Restore Backups" at Tools or CTRL + R to clear the registry that CF got activated, then you can try again.

Also, when the Unpacking of the Crossfire 1.9 downloaded file finishes, FLMM has to come up by itself, if it doesn't, it means you touched the destination address (you shouldn't, but if you do, make sure there's no / at the end ).

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• And if that also doesn't work , try:

1. Move your save games into some folder ( I mean to save them from reinstalling )
    2. Download this software: http://www.revouninstaller.com…taller_free_download.html
    3. Uninstall Freelancer with Revo Uninstaller and after it finishes , if it asks you for restart , refuse and DON'T! close the Revo uninstaller window. You'll see that there's an option to scan for leftover files after its uninstall. I would recommend you to use it by its full capacity for FL though. Anyway , scan for leftover files afterwards and delete everything it finds.
    4. Uninstall Freelancer Mod Manager from its folder (you'll see 2 uninstallers , use them both in the same order , the Upper and the other).
    5. Restart your PC after that and then use a cleaner such as " CCleaner , Advanced SystemCare etc. "(both are free) in order to clean up the other mess after that.

6. Install Freelancer and restart your PC
    7. Install Freelancer Mod Manager 1.31
    8. Install Crossfire 1.9
    9. Activate it and ignore the " Not responding window " (if it shows up).
    10. Run the game , then close it and paste your Save Games in My Documents again. (Or you can delete them in the very beginning if you feel that it may cause you trouble again and if you have no problems of going through the missions from the beginning again).
    11. Good Luck

Edited 2 times, last by Cryzis: Edited ().

• Also make sure 3D sound is disabled in options. I finally got a stable install after following all the advice above (including reg clean using ccleaner which I think was the key), and then got the same crash during the first mission. Since disabling 3D sound, all has been good.