Crossfire 1.9 installations working fine BUT Crossfire is not starting at all

There are 6 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Martind Forlon.

• Hi,

i hope somebody is able to help me. I installed Crossfire 1.9, the freelancer mod manager 1.3 and the game freelancer as described in the Crossfire Troubleshooting Guide. Everything was working fine except from one runtime error 53 when is was first starting the Crossfire Mod Launcher. I just placed the missing file CF_CL.dll in the Crossfire EXE folder and started the Crossfire Mod Launcer again. I used the Crossfire Mod Launcer which is placed in my freelancer game folder after I activated it with the freelancer mod manager and not that one which is in the mod folder of the freelancer mod manager.

The Crossfire Mod Launcer is downloading all necessary files for the Multiplayer without any problems but when i want to start the singleplayer the crossfire mod launcher is closing but nothing happens after that. The game is not starting at all and i don't have any error massage.

Thanks for any help

• Hi Herbert200888 and welcome here.

Your installation isn't working, so i am afraid you have to reinstall (copying dll's isn't good enough)
    Follow the FAQ to reinstall from http://www.swat-portal.com/php/forum/index.php?page=Faq
    Important to run all programs as Administrator (right click), even Freelancers setup.exe if you decide to go from scratch.

Good luck pilot.

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• Hi fellow pilots,

I've tried to install the crossfire mod, the freelancer game and the mod manager around five times now and I even downloaded the Crossfire mod and the Freelancer Mod Manager again from the swat site. All in all i've still the same problem which i described in my first comment.

I hope somebody has an idea

thanks

• I would first examine disks for errors ex. with chkdsk /F from command prompt. answer Yes to restart and check disk.

Then i would try to:
    - deactivate antivirus while installing - in case this work's, which Antivirus are you using ?
    - deactivate firewall while installing - in case this work's, which firewall are you using ?

It's really weird with that dll - never seen it before on forum

CF RP: Probably smuggling something or exploring the universe
    EM char: Event_Manager_Silverfox

9248-cebc88b9.png

• I have checked my disks for erros with TuneUp Utilities some days ago. There isn't any problem.

I think I try your idea with the antivirus because I'm using sophos and I've experienced that sophos is blocking nearly everytime new programs.

Thanks SilverFox. I hope this will work

• Hello Herbert,

might be good idea put whole FL and FLMM folders into antivirus exceptions list. You can also check quarantine av section where can be placed more files from cf. Do it before you will install CF.

... and please be sure you removed 'read only' flag from FL directory after you install fl.