Crossfire and Freelancer Mod Manager

There are 12 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Hellraiser.

• Ok, I need help. every time I try to install the mod, everything goes fine right up until I try to activate it through FMM. I will hit the activate mod button, it gives me all of the various options for me to do and it will get a bout a quarter to half-way through initialising, at which point FMM will completely freeze on me (complete with task manager saying it's not responding) and the only thing I can do is shut it down. Even worse, as long as it's in this half-installed state I can't even play vanilla freelancer without completely uninstalling Crossfire 1.9 first since it will try and use the Crossfire launcher when I start the game trough my freelance desktop shortcut. I've tried looking through the site to see if that might help but nothing that I've seen works. Can anyone help me?

• sure, press activate button and go prepare cofee. It need time to finish activation. I'm sure that if you search here a little, you will find more similar cases which were solved with only little more patience.

p.s.: check FAQ here, you can find also way how to play more mods (or vanilla) without need re-install all

• lol, mine has been frozen for over an hour, it still hasn't moved at all, it the same thing?... should i wait more?.. or should i continue to look for another solution?.. it worked strangly enough in 1.4 (i uninstalled it, removed registry entrys, reinstalled fl, ect...ect...ect since then due to crashing after story cenematic where the rhineland cruiser gets exploded XD)[sign=10][/sign]

• Hello dragon492,

did you remove 'write protection' from vanilla FL files before started CF activation? Many had probs exactly due this ... is possible your system can't overwrite some 'original' files and hang.

• it worked strangly enough in 1.4

It mentions in several places that you have to use FLMM 1.3.1 (it says just 1.3 inside the FreeLancer Mod Manager, so it's ok, it's the only 1.3 version around).

FLMM 1.4 can't handle big things properly.

Also make sure, when you get 1.3, to "Open it as Administrator", so it has the rights to make changes in the Freelancer folder.

You can download FLMM even from the "Downloads" section here at this SWAT Portal.

--> index.php?page=DatabaseItem&id=618

Another less mentioned advice is that when you click "Accept" to start activating Crossfire after chosing your settings, do NOT touch your mouse and keyboard at all, and you will be able to see how the Green bar fills up to the top. If you move anything, or some advertisement pops up or windows refreshes on it's own, then the FLMM green bar will only be visible while it's doing tests. When it gets to half, tests are over, it will stop responding, and the green bar will go white, but that is normal because it's doing heavy work (it will have to modify the Freelancer folder from a 0.8 Gb folder up to a 5.3 Gb folder, which is a lot of work). BUT even when not responding, it will work, so don't force close it, depending on your PC, wait up to 15 minutes, or more if you got something like a single core PC.

Have fun,
    -Mike

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• so, it finally installed in 1.31, after 2 or 3 hour wait, now im trying to figure out why i can't buy battleship turrets for my iteron -.-...(they don't show up- and as far logic goes, a torpedo wouldn't be of much use against a fighter :P) Can someone Pm me where to find the guns for them?- i can't seem to kill things quickly enough in my werewolf :/ lol, i hauled for ages to afford this ship, and now i can't find turrets LMAO :) --- btw thanks for the great mod guys, :) ppl keep telling me to try discovery, im like nuuu u try CF 1.9 lol, izz beettter :).. lol

• Good to hear you managed CF run :) ...

For BS turrets: try visit New Tokyo (planet), but one BS turret cost 10M, so don't be surprised :)

For vhf fight .. you need only more practice and guns with higher projectyle speed. Try find Sol :)

• Yep, welcome to the vast universe of CF then ^^

Yeah, Crossfire is a much more complex, beautiful (literally, counting improved backgrounds, textures, even special effects), mod, just that most people go to where most people already are, even if it means playing in a nearly vanilla game with few extra bombs and ships. Anyway, Crossfire is still in the top 3 of most active servers existing, so it's not a bad place counting activity either :D

Have fun, and on the server, if you have problems with others (like players attacking you while you are still new, older players don't do this, but sometimes we got some intruder making problems), no need to punch them back, just make some screenshot to show what they did, and report them to a GR, it will solve conflicts faster than responding violence with more violence.

The rules list is pretty small and simple,any RP type can trade, and if for some reason you broke some minor rule like suiciding outside Arena, don't worry, you won't get banned on the first rule breakings, people get 2nd and 3rd chances here :D At first you will be notified of what you did wrong, and if needed, fined economically. Bans are the last option to be taken.

GR -> Galaxy Rangers -> Server Police

Have fun,
    -Mike

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• LoL, ty for the info, was legit about to sell this battleship and go buy a freakin barracuda, its the best thing i could find around- not to mention it kicks things around a good bit*after game forces you to buy a new ship* :)..

• You fill find better fighters later on.

Battleships are not for newbies though, you need money for the ship, more money for the armor and a ton more for the guns (10 mill each one). Better leaving it for later ^^