Suggestions for Crossfire 2.0

There are 119 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Traen.

• With use cruiser main gun you can in IC kill all capital ships withou taking damage. Is needed proper maneuvering.

More armor for BSs ... so take them down will need twice as now time? ... so they will be able kill twice as now fighters? .. sorry, but this imo is not how should be done balance (counting how deadly are BSs now if properly used ...).

OH Forlon Pleace! YOu know we were like over 4 fighters in IC the NPC did concentrate their Shots at us not at the cruiser, that was the chance for you to kill it without getting harmed... :rolleyes:

Yup, they are pretty deadly right now if properly used. Though the idea was of adding 50k or 100k more to the armor, not double, to at least be balanced with the NPC battleships.

Yep That's the Idea :imsohappy:Like I mentioned on the Other Post, that Forlon deleted <_< about the ASF/CSF Capital Ships, they have like 1 - 2 mil BUT you still can take them down with a Single Fighter if Properly used. :S

Edited once, last by Snake2d: Needed to add few things ().

• Hi,

Well there's many points of view on BS problem, but the problem IS here :)
    Maybe we should "specialize" BS guns? Like, Liberty are faster, Kusari has a chance to stun, Rheinland are much deadlier, Corsair are good vs fighters etc...
    And what's about adding a passive healing over time, but up to,like, 75% of hull? BS has much more personnel than other ships do and the vital systems can be slowly repaired by engineers :)

Or maybe add a command to initiate healing (maybe, 60K of hull per minute) but it would cost lot of money... What's about that?

The jumpdrive is a lie!

• lol yeah, Utrack's option has no future... that's not something easy, but Snake's one is simple.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Re-open. no more comments from myself here.

• Okay, last part of my contribution to CF2.0

I know CF is a fighter-oriented mod, and i fully support that. But! There were always players who'd like to fly a massive capital ship and destroy smaller craft, aliens, NPCs and stuff. So, I am not suggesting "GIBE MOAR ARMOR TO CAPS RDAI", I am suggesting the following:

Due to the sheer size of them, the capital ships should get buffed in these ways:

-Expand their cargo holds - Nobody saw a ship as big as a Rheinland Battleship carrying only 100 items of some kind
    -Buff the Capital ship guns - Give them more range, as they're supposed to be scary, and should be able to kill other capitals easily. (not talking about Torpedos)
    -Add one more kind of guns - Heavy Damaging-Energy Sucking-Insta-killing guns - Mortars.

And, final add - Capital Ship Armors. They should at least be considered, but due to all these comments, i'm guessing its a big no-no.

Thank you for reading.

Edit: I don't know if its possible with the whole FLEngine stuff, but is it possible to add a bigger range to see the spawned NPCs?

• Nah that beam would simply cause trouble. But Heavy Turrets, that would be the thing, I mean who saw a Capital Ship with only 1 - 2 Types of Guns (not counting Torpedoes)? Capital Ships are made to carry different types of Turrets. Heavy Turrets, that'd be a good idea, not exactly something like the Mortar but, remember Starlancer Capital Ships? They had Blue and Yellow and Red Cannons, which caused big damage and big explosion. Maybe add them? The Capital Ships in Starlancer had like only 2 of them maybe or 3 max and Energy Sucking.

• thats tue lonewolf , we can add , a higher price like 800 mill for it, so it can be not accessible for all m8s , also i have saw epic big capital traders like a capital train , is slowly it most be protected by 2 -3 fighters and is only one per clan , it can be use to store and trade

smgwerternugen.jpg
    Remind to follow rules and do RP every where
    Chars SMG_Werter` [GR] Werter
    When u lose u learn :-D

• haha reminds me of this:

but only in "good"... ha I <3 Freespace :)

OP did a more realistic "beam" with the mining laser and such, the thing is that the beam you posted, if you look better, you can see it's a fast fire rate gun, it shoots a lot of projectiles / second, as you can see the bigger flash points moving within the beam.

It doesn't look at all a beam when you fire it arround as it will be broken into pieces, each projectile going to a different direction while moving the turret. That's why it's static.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• *sigh*
    cap ships in CF are based on specialized zones
    changing stuff has negative impact on other areas

raising the cargo volume... well who needs transports, trains and freighters then?

adding cap ship armor is not possible... FL has no left open hptypes we could use

and giving these high energy weapons to cap ships.... well what do we need cruisers with their forward guns then?

almost everything you want already exists in CF... its just not all on the same ship... Id suggest to team up if you want to use the benefits of all features

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Thx OP.

• I tought you'd write something like that so here goes my answer.

What you said about specialized zones is okay by me. That's what they are anyways. Special kind of ships. Changing stuff in fact SOMETIMES does have a negative impact, but, you can't know if you don't try it.
    Raising the cargo volume - I was thinking, since when a fully upgraded capship goes off in space, it has ~200 cargo left, which is sometimes, not enough. Sometimes is not every single time, but it is sometimes good. So I'd suggest buffing it for another 100 or 200.
    Okay... So about the armor. We got 10 types of armors, each giving a small buff more then the previous one. So, how about making this. Splitting them - Armor Upgrades for fighters and Armor Upgrades for capital ships (and transports). It would probably go like this

Armor Upgrade 1 - x1.2 Hull
    Armor Upgrade 2 - x1.4 Hull
    Armor Upgrade 3 - x1.6 hull
    Armor Upgrade 4 - x1.8 hull
    Armor Upgrade 5 - x2.0 hull
    Capital Armor Upgrade 1 - x1.8 hull
    Capital Armor Upgrade 2 - x2.2 hull
    Capital Armor Upgrade 3 - x2.6 hull
    Capital Armor Upgrade 4 - x3.0 hull
    And we leave one open spot for something special.

High energy weps for capships - Not everyone has and will have a team that goes with him. A cruiser does sound nice, but it currently has a VERY LOW RANGE, and it cant protect itself from a single VHF. That in theory is ... well, stupid. (not saying that anyone is stupid, except the idea behind it). Cruisers are also great, i'm using one for podding, and its proven to be very good. But, when you get assaulted, those 600 dmg making guns can't do nothing against a VHF. The only thing that CAN do some damage is the forward gun which makes 20k dmg per hit. I will have to meet someone that stupid to run towards a cruiser with a forward gun and shoot him. At least give us some variety. I know this is almost impossible but look. VHF>Bomber>Gunboat>Cruiser>Battleship>Dreadnought . I'm not asking for anything like i said in the previous post "GIBE MOAR ARMOR RDAI". We just want at least one more kind of heavy weaponry, and the current one increased range and damage.

Currently the server runs with 30 players max. There are 3 groups of players in the mean time with those 30 players, if there ain't an event of some sort. That means, out of 30 people, there is at least 20 that has nobody to team up with. This is just my two cents. I'm also writing some kind of engagement rules and RP rules so we don't get lolwuts trying to 2milrdai tax people. Add some RP to it goddamit.

• yeah, and if you take away a reason to team up the number of players which try to play as team drops to 0

your suggestion about splitting the armors into 2 groups does not work as i have explained that there is no further hptype left
    it would be impossible to prevent that BS armor gets mounted on a light fighter without further hptypes (which we will never get since they are hard coded)
    with other words -> impossible

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• You mean more cargo space which is not filled by the crew, that would sound cool, even tho BSes are not ment for trading.

• Yeah! Cruiser has more actual cargo space than BS, WTF? Battleships just become useless with that, even Haidar can haul more escape pods...

"Across the savage skies and through the fissures in the fields,
    The rumble of the engines and the trundle of the wheels,
    Through hell and horror trudge and yet their spirits never yield.
    Will they sing of these forsaken pawns of war?"
    -Miracle Of Sound, "Pawns of War".

• Oh, I'm not trying to change the mod drastically, but buffing capital ships , and by this, i mean their guns, and maybe adding, instead of two torpedo slots (or 4 somewhere), add 1 heavy turret and 1 torpedo slot (or two heavy turrets, and two torpedo slots), and buff the capital ships price so its not like, after 1 hour of playing you get to buy one. (cuz yeah, i make 100 millions per hour when i do it right)

• sure... consuming more cargospace would be possible
    BUT ... its also not meant to be mount on a transport or train

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,