New chat

There are 27 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Gearhead10.

• I see the new chat function at bottom of my screen, I'm not sure if its in testing or available for players. If I click on chatrooms a screen comes up that has SWAT Portal Main.....0undefined, if I click SWAT Portal Main....nothing happens except I see "Error on page" in bottom bar of IE. I still have no clue why I can't access these features of the site. Knightshade was able to send to me a chat ...I'm guessing a private chat channel?.....was same result...I could hear that he was chatting at me (I'm guessing thats what the sound was for) but I never could read anything....only is a line that says "undefined". Oh well...whats an old pirate wanna talk to anyone anyways. Good voyages, cya in space.

I roam space in search of adventure and treasure.

{LP}Marauder{X} of the Lost Prophets

MARAUDER n 1: someone who attacks in search of booty
    "marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

• Internet Explorer? Really, Mara? :D

Seems to work for me in Chrome here at work, and on Firefox at home...

|DP|Shock · |DP|Shockwave · |DP|Skyfall · |DP|Red.Dwarf

• Nice feature, but i cannot see my status changing, only offline status is present with message "offline" also chat window won't go down when u hover over it, actually you need to click on it in order to make him disappear but this is more likely feature not a bug.For fully functional testing we need peeps online.
    Also would be nice to implement "log in" option, which will recognize you u in one simple step cos u already loged in at SWAT.

Firefox and Opera user here

Thx OP

• Same here, I can't change my status to anything, and the list disappears only when I click "Go Offline", but appears again when I open the chat.

P.S. Look at these faces :D Anorexic Gunny + High Gravity Forlon

Edited once, last by Cresthen: postscriptum ().

• lol... says the green guy. I mean, type. ^^

Yes you do can change your status, when you click "Busy" or other status, that table with the options won't go out alone like on the "Go Offline" button, but you can notice the green point going to red, or grey, changing it's color. Then you have to click the "Status" button again to make the table go out/dissapear.

It works on FF.

It looks like you still type on "White" color on that down bar when chatting directly with another member, but apparently that white text goes black if you select another thing, like clicking on the "Chat" button with the list.

And if you enter the SWAT Main "Chatroom", at the Chatrooms button, the colors and everything works perfectly ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• but you can notice the green point going to red, or grey, changing it's color

where? there is no point which shows my current status

• if so, then im lucky aswell

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Bond, you can't tell that I am lucky and that it is not true at once. Or it was not true and I lied, so, not lucky, or it worked for me and I was lucky, but it was true.

And I know what I see, when I click the "Status" button then "Busy" button in the down bar while browsing other posts (not in the chat), the table with the 4 status options doesn't go out, and looks like doing nothing but under that table, at your own light (in the same place where it tells "Chat(Online)" which is normally green, you see it's now red. Then you have to click "Status" again for that table to go away. At least for me. Same with invisible. The only option that closes that table and hides everything is the Go Offline button.

Edit: I also tested al lstatus, and me and other people can change the status to red, invisible, and such.

SWAT_OP-R8R: Ok... I found where the problem is, more or less... at least, the reason why it works for some and others not.

There are 2 versions or appearance of those chat bars.

One is black, and one is white.

Mine is white, looks like the Facebook one, and I can see my own status dot in that "Chat" bar Cresthen screenshoted, where his version is black and has no dot.
    On mine, the text I type, while typing, it's white and I see nothing. On the black appareance you can see the text while typing it.

BUT both version's status options works, I tested with a player who can't see his own status, but I do see him as Busy(red dot), or Invisible(grey but no "offline messages" ).

Currently investigating.

Edit 2: @OP: Ok I found where the appearance difference/bug is, and it's solution ! The reason some people see the white version which has a "status dot" on that " Chat(2)" bar screened in Cresthen's image is that they are logged on Facebook. Facebook cookie's changing the appearance of Swat's chat bar, no matter you don't have Facebook open, the cookies that keep your status as "logged in" in FB does this. After logging out from FB, the chat bar goes normal, the black version, with red player bars, selected bars are blue and the title bars are black, exactly like in Cresthen's screenie.

Now, this black version has no Own Status dot, like on the white version which is from Facebook. So this is why people not logged in FB can't see their own status. BUT the status option still works, others see you with a Red dot, or grey, or green.

So, OP, is this own status dot fixable ? The facebook one is more bugged as the text you type is white, and on white bars it's all invisible. On the black version the text is white but on black background.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

Edited 9 times, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• Well all I know is that I saw the bar at the bottom, clicked on it, window popped up showing Michael available and sent him a note. I clicked on Status and was able to change mine with no issue, clicked on status again and window closes, same for the options and the chat window itself. I don't see a problem. :D :thumbsup: :thumbup:

Files

Gearhead10.png

[size=10]Cooler Master HAF 912 Chassis; ASUS PRIME B660M - A WIFI D4; Intel Core i7-12700F,25MB Cache, LGA1700; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; Corsair 16GB (4x4GB 2000 MHZ DDR3); 1NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Gaming OG 12G Ti, Corsair RM 1000 PSU, Micron 256GB SSD (Win 11), WD Caviar Black HDD (640GB - Win 11 64), Samsung SyncMaster BX2440 (Digital)

The Personal World Clock

Edited 2 times, last by Gearhead10: added attachment ().

• Good news...it seems to work for me now, if you made changes they are working. Key for IE users seems to be make sure you click in the bar area....but make sure you don't click wheres theres words. If I click where it says SWAT Portal Main nothing happens...if I click in open area next to that I get connected :)

Edit...same with the private? chat BTW....thanks to Drale and Bond helping me see the chat channels

Now if I could figure out the spoiler issue I'd see everything available to me^^ :)

"marauder": Syn: bandit, buccaneer, desperado, forager, looter, pillager, pirate, plunderer, predator, raider

FYI: Lost Prophets are currently recruiting, please talk with a representative online :D

Edited once, last by Marauder: Additional ().

• Oh...kk, well when I first tried the other day, I clicked everywhere....no matter, it seems that it does work :) I'll be able to attend meetings :)

• Hmm, it looks like it won't go back to white version after logging out, so it's a fix with no return ! So once it goes red/black, it will NOT go white again neither if you try it, by logging in Facebook and using the "Keep me logged in" option.

Drale: SWAT Portal Main Chatroom works perfectly for me, on both white and black versions. I just logged in it and Marauder is there :D It just showns a chatbox as big as that popup when you click the "Chatrooms" button.

Edit: Looks like everyone was right, both the ones saying they do see their own status dot on the "Chat" bar, and those like Cresthen where there is no own status dot.

Edited once, last by /V\ichael: . ().

• It works on FF.

I think it's silly to force IE users to another browser. Definitely not a good way to show respect for others by ignoring their prefered software.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1 X64, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz, 16GB 1600 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce GXT 460

• I didn't said that it doesn't work for me, just told to mara that it's same for me if i click on letters :)

Don't judge a ship by the number of it's guns, but by the skill of it's crew.

• If you want to attend in a meeting using the new chat feature that is on the bottom right of yur browser window then you have to follow the next few and easy steps:

• click on the Chatroom button. Then the following window pops up
      chat1.jpg
    • Now click somewhere in between the area of SWAT Portal Main and # Online (see black surrounded area in the next picture)
      chat2.jpg

Now you are in the public open Chatroom. The Chat next to Chatroom displays just the people online from your buddy list

PS: No one is forcing here anyone to use another browser than whatever you want to use.

signature.png

• I think it's silly to force IE users to another browser. Definitely not a good way to show respect for others by ignoring their prefered software.

I just reported the one used in my case. I can't tell in which other browsers it works if I have not tested them :)
    It's like reporting to OP "it works here sir ! ", and that's all.

Not meant to tell others to change their browser, sry if it looked that way.

• no changes done yet
    so congratz when it suddenly started to work

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!