New to Crossfire RP and MP

There are 30 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by MysticalDL.

• Well I am currently new to Crossfire and its MP. I do tend to like to play as a good guy in regular Freelancer MP RP, with a tendency to go about randomly killing others. At the same time i do tend to like the games structure involving Police and I am guessing naval forces in the game, as that was something I always liked the idea behind. Would love to hear the Pro's and Con's of being Cop, Merc, Pirate, and whatever else professions there are in the game if at all possible.

• Hi and Welcome :)

Cop-RP

• can engage pirates with or without warning on sight
    • can charge/fine others for criminal/illegal activities, such as killing other people for money (collecting bounties), hauling illegal goods (such as Black Market Goods, those what the NPC-cops are also want you to drop
    • can engage all others (mercenaries, smugglers, freelancers) only with a given warning prior (if they have illegal goods loaded)
    • can hire mercenaries (privatly or by setting a public bounty) to kill other players (depending on the opponents level, or to do whatever job the mercenary is agreeing to

Pirate-RP

• can engage cops with or without warning on sight
    • can engage all others (mercenaries, smugglers, freelancers) only with a given warning prior, (example: player xy pay tax xyz or I die)
    • can hire mercenaries (privatly or by setting a public bounty) to kill other players (depending on the opponents level, or to do whatever job the mercenary is agreeing to

Mercenary-RP

• can engage others with or without warning, ONLY WHEN being hired by other players, which might have to be proven in some cases
    • can get contracted by other players, for any job they agree to.
    • can hire other mercenaries to get a job done
    • being hired for pirate action, the mercenary might get treated as pirate themself for the duration of the contract, when being spotted by a cop performing this action
    • being hired for police action, the mercenary might get treated as a cop themself for the duration of the contract, when being spotted by a pirate performing this action
    • can NOT collect public bounties which are being placed by the same person (eg. A sets bounty on B and then wants to hunt B for the bounty)
    • can place public bounties on any other player (depending on the victims level)

Smuggler-RP

• can trade Black Market goods (BMG - illegal) Which might be more risky than regular trades but also pays better than regular trades
    • can get not engage others
    • can hire mercenaries to do whatever job the mercenarie is agreeing to
    • can place public bounties on any player (depending on the victims level)

Trading regular commodities (which is not listed as BMG eg. Water, Diamonds, H-Fuel, ect.) is of course allowed to anyone, regardless the chosen role.

There COULD be some situations when you enter a clan-owned system (which you recognize at a little tag right after the entrance)
    Clans can make up their own rules, only valid within their system.
    So it could happen, that you might get shot on sight even from a mercenary when entering their clan system without permission or prior denial. Just so you know.
    Clan system rules you can find here. also telling which system they own.

Every pilot is allowed to defend themself in any situation.
    I'm sure I did not post every single possibility since its also up to your own mind how you play the role you chose
    As cop you could also charge others for speeding, or having a broken tale light, or whatever you can make up and depending on the situation, as long its not turning into harassment.

More information about the possibilities for each role you can get here, at section 2c (Open Role Play)

Just make sure you do have the apropriate license mounted when intending to perform certain action.
    eg. taxing other pilots ONLY with a mounted pirate license.
    Trying to collect public bounties ONLY with a mounted mercenary license (check with "/bounty" when being on the server, to see if there is one available)
    Smuggling BMG and/or other as illegal declared goods (such as cardamine) ONLY with a mounted smugglers license

Good luck and have fun

• thanks for the heads up, also this is being my first time playing in a mod version of freelancer MP, so I was wondering as I'm more used to original FL MP, are the original 3 "ultimate" VHF's any good. I.e can the Eagle, Sabre, and Titan still hold their own, or have they been completely outclassed by better VHF class ships?

• Welcome Mystical :)

The Smuggler RP also has a bonus at the trading part, they are the only players that can smuggle with BMG (Black Market Goods) a higly profitable but illegal action ( so cops can take action on you).

Those 3 vanilla ships have been completely outpowered by better ships, yes, as Crossfire introduces more than 150 new ships ;)

But they are still a good start for MP, you can start by buying a Red Eagle (as cheap as a normal eagle) from Custodian, the first system from New York. This is because the Crossfire ships's prices may go up to19 millions for VHF, and hundreds of millions for special class battleships or other capital ships (dreadnoughts, destroyers, cruisers, gunboat, etc).

There are also better guns than vanilla ones, and better equipment of any class, like, better shields.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• h, I see, was to be expected, even though I always did love the Eagle VHF the most of all the ships in original Freelancer, do to its superior handling. Now I need to make it back to New York system from Leeds in hope of finding this elusive Custodian system, so that I may get a early game Eagle, which beats prospect of me trying to get to Omicron Alpha for the same ship :D

• Well, from Custodian there is another exit, which is X-3043 system, the center of the old Crossfire section, which has about 25 nomad jumpgates (we beaten nomads out of there, and kept their network), which includes Omicron Alpha ^^

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Yeah, but according to my memory Omicron Alpha was also the housing of the Outcast I do believe or, and me and the Outcast have never gotten along in any FL game :D. Its a strictly hate/'hate relationship, due to the numerous times they blew me up in both SP and original FL MP when I used to try and acquire a Sabre lol.

• Well, Outcasts still love to blow up newbies/people everywhere in Sirius (now there are 4-5 other sectors, outside the Sirius Sector ^^ )

But in CF MP there are ways to get neutral with every Sirius NPC faction really fast, for when you're interested in making NPCs let you play in peace :)

• Oh, I could make peace with all the factions except the Outcast, they have my eternal hatred for the millions I lost in wars versus them in both SP and MP lol.

• Yeah, you have plenty of such stuff to do here...

Like going in a Starflier across the galaxy to Dom Kavash Inner Core sector (you have to get them friendly with you, else you get killed instantly by their defence cannons before getting close to Inner Core) bypassing convoys of hostile outer galactic aliens that are invading us right now.

Things like this ^^

index.php?page=Thread&postID=273282#post273282

• This is pretty much the best Summary i ever saw. With the addition of the Smugglers benefits - this should get a sticky place.

Click the image above to visit us.

• This is pretty much the best Summary i ever saw. With the addition of the Smugglers benefits - this should get a sticky place.

Thanks for the flowers.
    smugglers benefits are added

OP will have to decide to make it sticky or not :)

• MysticalDL welcome and holy shit dude you sound awesome especially with that Starflier to Omicron Alpha dare :P Hope to see ya in space!

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• Moved to proper section (Crossfire).

Hello MysticalDL, welcome here and in CF universe :)

This links below could be for you interesting:
    Information: Mercenary roleplay - basic info
    Information: Pirate Roleplay - basic info
    Information: Police Roleplay - basic info
    Information: Smuggler Roleplay - basic info

... you can find also more RP informations here in RP section. For every RP you can find articles which can give you some mirror view how it can looks in space.

• Hello MysticalDL and welcome to CF, anytime your in Game feel free to ask any questions Most players are willing to help,
    also if your in need of alittle assisstance feel free to ask.
    See you in Space soon

All Characters are Licensed Police Officers:

Katertrak_Jack (flying a BS)
    Laws_Brann (testing different ships for IC hunting)
    Junker_Clunker (Mission char for good cach fast)
    Cargo_Brann (Transporter of lawful cargo)
    Katatonic[ASF] (ASF business only and afew events if other char can't make it)

See You In Space Soon :)

• Hello MysticalDL and welcome to CF, anytime your in Game feel free to ask any questions Most players are willing to help,
    also if your in need of alittle assisstance feel free to ask.
    See you in Space soon

True dat! Ask anyone for help we'll point ya in the right direction :P

[box=yellow]A Proud Member of the Lost Prophets Pirate Clan![/box]

[box=blue]Also Proud Leader of the CSF Faction![/box]

{LP} is recruiting! Please visit here for more details!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr Maty!

• I aint that good anymore ATM, that dare took played in 2005, back during height of when I used to play Freelancer MP on the Microsoft Servers very often. Most times then not, I am more then willing to accept crazy dares/challenges like that, just to have fun and some laughs.

Also if you guys want, feel free to sticky thread if wanting to use it as tutorial/description of all the classes and/or forms of RP available to play.

• There are already many decriptions and tutorials about RPs arround, even a thread for each RP as Forlon said.