Crossfire 2.0

There are 98 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by DonPasteraVFX.

• i know disco very well, dont worry about that

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• Then, can you handle it to make players use more different ships in battles /PvPs ?

At least since CF 1.9 it's better than 1.8 or 1.7... in 1.7 Lagg was 80 % used, in 1.8 Cyclone was quite weirdly fast, and there was a fight over that ship... after that got fixed was Persephone, in 1.9 there are about 3 ships used, as eventually people though Saracen's extra armor would serve for something. Though this ship is quite an old one :D

It could temporarly help, the idea of having triple ships of each stat, all 3 equal stats but different looks (and similar hitboxes, or some tricks at each one like better vs frontal attacks, better vs lateral ones, etc, but not one with smaller hitbox than the other 2 on all 3 coords.)

But up to you, you know what to do. I just suggested, as Huor asked, though it's not the first time I suggest :P

And players will see what there is.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• That's a nice discussion. People who don't play CF say it is bad, people who don't play Discovery try to oppose. :huh: Yet with these two different mods, people at least have a choice. If Crossfire becomes a second Discovery, what will all people who don't like strict rules and faction-based RP do?

• Don't worry Cresthen, faction based RP or something similar won't appear on Crossfire, we weren't even discussing that point.

And the rules won't get larger, but the current rules breaks should bring punishments and less tolerance, to avoid people from starting to think they are untouchable (again) cus they got forgiven or not caught with some exploits/cheats/insults/etc.

We were just trying to see how to make people use different ships, instead of 1-3.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• This is not discussion what is good and what is bad, this is discussion where CF can use some things in order to become better and more populated with good RP and stuff, while on the other hand Disco cannot use same reciprocity.That's it Imo.
    About ships

I do appreciate tons of efforts to make ships and equipment balanced, but in-game reality looks slightly different from ur statement.
    Back in days uber ship was fat one Karak, then Lagg, then Cyclon; Persephone and now it is Cayman.

For example Cayman will over turn every ship in game no matter he has armor upgrade nr.10 and u have nr.6 or even worse it will over turn most of them even if u mount WR 3...which is far far away from balanced.
    I do believe you, because you know numbers and statistics but in game reality looks like something quite different then this statistics.

• For example Cayman will over turn every ship in game no matter he has armor upgrade nr.10 and u have nr.6 or even worse it will over turn most of them even if u mount WR 3...which is far far away from balanced.
    I do believe you, because you know numbers and statistics but in game reality looks like something quite different then this statistics.

hmmmm.... then why do i demolish almost all cayman-fighters?? :D seriously, i dont know why (i guess) over 90% of the players fly this bloated fish-thingy? maybe it is agile in a subjective sense (as OP already said), but actually it isnt really "better" than other VHF, the pilot who is flying the crate is the point which decides the case.
    Cayman is not the ultimate, i guess most of the ppl think: cayman, everyone flies it, so it must be good, ill fly it too.. but this is getting boring.
    just yesterday i was in the TDM, 5 Cayman and me (Chimera ;) )... boy that was just a pain for my eyes :(

{ Lonewolf(reborn)MkII / (KoH / Dr.AS. / Mr.) Ridley / Volition (godlike) / Lt.Col.John_Sheppard / BS-Project_L20εα }

• Yeah and you lost that TDM event.

Cayman is technically more agile, not just fame. But indeed I don't like it either...

Hey OP, maybe 5 of each agility level stat is better than 3, just in case xD

• ... I'm now curious what will happen .. and I guess I will not be surprised ;)

• I would prefer to stick with my Thanatos... please dont make it worse in 2.0 :verysad:

I've got a fully equipped Gayman (Cayman) as a secondary fighter but i hate to fly it.....so i usualy switch to the Lagg instead :D

I Don't Need To "Get A Life." I'm A Gamer. I Have Lots Of Lives! :D

It can be good rebels like in starwars :thumbup:

Plz visit >>> United Rebels - Portal

Intel i7-4930k| Corsair H80 liquid cooling with 2x Noctuna NF-F12 Industrial | Rog Rampage IV Extreme| Corsair Vengance 32gb 4x8gb| 2x EVGA Classified GTX 980ti SLI| Corsair 1050w silver-80 PCU | about 30TB storage (Seagate Archive) (for p-rat torrents 24/7 when not playing CF offc) | a 240GB Rog Raidr pci-e for Windows 10 Pro upgraded from win7 With Classic Shell to give me the XP/Win7 start menu and a Aero hack to make everything gloss "ish" | all in a NZXT Phantom Big tower (black) connected to a 55" Panasonic TX-P55VT60Y Plasma TV.

Edited 2 times, last by [UR]GrandAndreasK: spelling ().

• That's great news! I can't say I have any modding skills, but I'll try to help with something easy.
    I would like to mention, if it would be possible, that you "fix" NPCs and their Zones of Influence in new systems. By that I mean that there can't be Rheinland Millitary Battleship patrols near Omicron Minor, or that Bowex owns Planet Crossfire, or that Navy owns first part of lane in Hyperion that leads to Sol, and Kusari Naval Forces second part, or that DSE has a base in Utopia. It would be good if NPCs are in their zone of influence, in this case Order BSs near minor, Planet Crossfire should be neutral or something like that, Hyperion lanes should be by Armed Forces since they're near Dublin, Millitary or Hessians or Corsairs should own a base in Utopia etc etc. This is especially for systems around X.
    That's just my opinion.

1.7 PvP and stuff

[video]

[/video]

• Avian: can you pls sent your finds to ticket-system (suggestions)? Best place where you can give it.

• Click me!

Basically all green systems on the picture, except Sol, Hiruga, Tohoku, Lost Paradise, PLP, and Arena systems
    For those pass-through systems like Quantos, Inner Cloud, Hyperion, Corridor, Wanderer's Pond, etc. that have Trade Lane that belongs to a faction out of the Zone of Influence of nearby systems (example: Hyperion - 1st lane owned by Navy, 2nd lane owned by KNF).
    For weird base owners, like SoS and Oasis bases, owner - Bretonia Police (and they're both near Liberty), DSE in Utopia, all kinds of police owning planets in Custodian, etc.
    For 1-way systems near X (Helios,Neophobos,Seltos,etc.)... I don't know, but imo. it's weird that in 1 system you have a Republican base, Bretonia Police planet and Outcast planet, connected by a Navy lane (if you get my point).

1.7 PvP and stuff

[video]

[/video]

• Avain,you chose the wrong mod. This mod does not have zones of influence, interests and factions. There is only the police, mercenaries, smugglers and bandits. There is no difference in the ships, to whom they should belong to, with what weapon they have to fly and so on.
    That's the problem. I offered to weigh and see the difference, in order to mod had continuation but alas ... it's no interest to anyone. So I left and this mod with most part of our faction, because in it I do not see any prospects.

• Avian was saying about NPC factions, and their ownership, not related to players and RP.

And it was an interesting suggestion.

• Reptile_ua

I didn't mean that, even though it would be cool if pirates would have their best ship, police their, mercenaries their, etc.
    I mean the basics, and yes there are zones of influence, how can you say they don't exist? Then you would see Bretonia BSs flying outside Malta, which doesn't happen, right?
    Just fixing weird owners.

1.7 PvP and stuff

[video]

[/video]

• i repeat,every ship can fly where he want,with guns what he want and so on.
    There is no zome of influence,affilated ships,guns,ids,systems. There is only POLICE,PIRATE,MERC and Smuggler.
    This is not Roleplay server by house and faction id. This is RP in style:"you pirate and im police - i will kill you...pew pew"
    There is no roleplay of faction military,corsairs,traders of IC and others.
    All very simple. You bad - im not,i will kill you.

• Avian was saying about NPC factions, and their ownership, not related to players and RP.

Reptile_ua: I repeat, as well, he is ONLY speaking about NPCs zones, NOT players so nothing related to RP.

Suggestio nwas given, now, change of sub-topic if possible :)

• Just a question: is possible for 2.0 think about special missions only for HF or LF? CF have many great ships designs also in those categories which almost no one use :(

• i dont think so
    however the mission system will be reworked

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!