Custodian -> X-3043 crash in SP

There are 22 replies in this Thread. The last Post () by Bond.

• Hi!

I'm currently playing Crossfire 1.90 in SP and I've just passed mission 2 and I'm gathering money to level up to meet Juni. So, I've collected a few escape pods I was planning to sell in Alaska, but every time I jump from Custodian to X-3043 game crashes to desktop. Not able to access X-3043 is what I would like to call a fatal bug and a gamestopper.I've been looking through various forums and posts and all the tips I was able to find, were suggesting to turn off 3D sound (it's disabled) and not to use any waypoints on my way to X-3043 (I was not using waypoints). I did a fresh installation.

Now I'm all out of options here, could you please help me?

Here's event viewer log:

Faulting application name: Freelancer.exe, version: 1.0.1223.11, time stamp: 0x00534d69
    Faulting module name: SERVER.dll, version: 1.0.1254.11, time stamp: 0x3ecbb141
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00017f38
    Faulting process id: 0x14d8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ccbd81579165ab
    Faulting application path: D:\Freelancer\EXE2\Freelancer.exe
    Faulting module path: D:\Freelancer\EXE2\SERVER.dll
    Report Id: 5f423734-2975-11e1-a003-6c626de6ac10

My PC setup is i5-2500k, 8 GB DDR3, 2x Radeon 4870, Windows 7 64 bit.

• jumping between these 2 systems is working perfectly
    probably something is wrong with your installation, dunno

signew.jpg

cfmoddblogo.png5904.png5904.png
    http://www.moddb.com/scripts/topsite.php?ts=4766

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
    Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

This is ten percent luck,
    Twenty percent skill,
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

• By the graphic card info, maybe it's an issue related with certain special effect in X3043.

Can you visit any other system than X3043 ? I mean, after you pass some missions, you'll have more ways to get out of the vanilla systems.

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• x-3043 does not have any special effects

signew.jpg

Don't discuss with idiots. They only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience there.

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Thanks Michael, with further investigations, the problem is definitely graphics adapter or driver related. Here's what i noticed:

- With Catalyst 11.8 and Catalyst Crossfire on the game crashed when jumping to X-3043
    - With Catalyst 11.8 and Catalyst Crossfire off I managed to jump to X-3043 and saw the planetary system for ~10 seconds or so, before the crash. Better, but not in there yet. So that made me thinking, maybe the Crossfire is not Crossfire compatible, oh the irony...

So I installed new Catalysts 11.12, but now the game just crashes in the main menu no matter which setting I choose for Catalyst Crossfire. :thumbdown:

Heck with it. I'm supposed to buy a new graphics card anyway, though I feel a bit unnecessary to buy a new performance card for a game released in 2003... :rolleyes:

• Hmm i've just got the message that new driver is ready for my ATI 5670.It is version 11.12.Ty for ur reply m8.

I will wait with upgrade.

Btw CF is only game with which i had multiple system crashes(Blue screen), not only CTD!

I tried many titles, just to name it few,Stalker SoC(DX 11), Metro 2033(DX 11), Deus-ex Human revolution, Elder scrolls V Skyrim, Lotr online, Lotr BFMII and RoTWK...and everything went fine without crashes.

However i cannot "blame" CF cos crashes use to happens with my favorite browser Mozzila so i sw to Opera with zero crashes in one month so far...

But again CF is only game where i had and still have sometimes 3-4 Blue screen crashes in a row (in one day)
    I hope that u know how to properly install new ATI drivers and to previously uninstall old ones.This can be pain in the ass if u want to do this in a faster way.

Greets

8).

• my last blue sceen was in 2007

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• Bond: I not had BSc on old and also now on new PC for very long time. Playing now on new PC in 1600x1200 width basic adv.shaders on in full details. Few CTD occured but mainly in SP. Runnig on Win7 64 bit. Truth to tell I not remeber this system hang from install. Now it is one year. It is most stable microsoft thing I tried ever. And I use often minimize program (CF) to bacground for fraps, maps in browser or forum checking. Also change effects in space is not a problem. I think it must be something wrong with your PC.

• Diabolicalamity: Then try keeping the driver totally shut off (you also need the task manager to do it, knowing my own Catalyst center ), and test it that way. Uninstalling the driver isn't an option if you play other heavy games, with high requirements.

@ Bond, I don't know how you can get blue screens and CTD with both CF and Firefox(CTDs only) on your new PC... Firefox only gets ruined after years(months) of using it and messing with it's options... I never found a downside at M's Firefox here, and except viruses and phishing, it did all I imagined and wanted to... even playing "the hackers" in Facebook :D

Chars: [CFPD]Michael~something (x25), [CFPD]~SQMS~{[(store)]} (x3), [CFPD]xfer, Event~Manager~Michael, StarfIier~EM~Michael, Event_Team_2, [GR]Michael[SP] and a blueprint of [CFPD]Sephirothis

• Idk too, almost send my PC at service today, but decided to try other games first and applications and everything works like charm.Also i tried with new Ati Catalyst driver but again crashes in CF :(( and again other applications works perfectly..reading books, listening music, watching movies and vids in full screen.

For some reason FF is my nr.1 crash browser software and i tried to find a link between progs which FF use and other applications but didn't find pattern.

I'm installing FL, FLMM and CF under XP service pack 2 compatibility, also in the past i tried without this just as admin and everything was the same unfortunately.

I tried to install fresh copy of windows few months ago and do everything what u need to do when u buy new HD but again the same.

Only thing which i didn't tried yet with Windows 7 is to sw back to 32 bit version.

:(

• try running a memory diagnostic
    often damaged RAM can lead to blue screens

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,

• It crashes while an SpaceObj is being created. Would need to test that somewhen later with proper background data ;)
    Maybe something that shouldnt be there. I remember to have had this crash when i freshly started SP and just head to X. The game crashes as soon as i entered X (the white flash in the video sequence while jumping).

signature.png

Edited once, last by Huor: I meant as i freshly started SP not MP ().

• from my experience with the same crashes it´s simply a driver or driver settings problem. No Bluescreens anymore since month when i downgraded the driver version to the manufacturers wannabe :(

Click the image above to visit us.

• It crashes while an SpaceObj is being created. Would need to test that somewhen later with proper background data ;)
    Maybe something that shouldnt be there. I remember to have had this crash when i freshly started MP and just head to X. The game crashes as soon as i entered X (the white flash in the video sequence while jumping).

That is exactly the point when the game crashes! When I jump from Custodian to X, there's this first worm hole tunnel-effect, and when it is supposed to show the white flash and the second tunnel-effect with slightly different colors/graphics/textures, game just CTD. I never get the crash when I jump between New York and Custodian, and I haven't progressed in the SP further to try jumping anywhere else.

Needless to say, my computer is running just fine with a lot of different games, lemme see what I have installed ATM: Driver SF, Trine 2, Witcher 2, NFS The Run, Civilization V, Dirt 3. CF is the only game where the crash happens in exactly the same point every time, so that would prove that there is some kind of compatibility issue.

Swat: I can run Prime 95 for hours without a hitch, so I would say my set up is stable enough.

But I appreciate for all your help, hope you can figure it out.

• well, there are hundreds of CF players which dont have this problem on exactly that position
    which in my eyes means that the mod is running just fine

signew.jpg

Twenty percent skill,
    Five percent pleasure,
    Fifty percent pain,